Your Utopian Society. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your Utopian Society.

The goodness of society cannot be judged by the type of structure it has,
Rather, it is judged by something more abstract as a concept, but also less abstract,
For it deals directly with the experiences of those who make it up.

Therefore I say to you: do not attempt to implement any specific society,
Instead, work towards improving the overall spirit of our communities,
For this is how social change occurs in the first place.

And such is the problem with any political group,
for even if the spirit underlying their motives is pure
they place the type of society ahead of all else,
and thus lose sight of what made it great to begin with.

Last edited:
1. No stupid people
2. Everybody contributes

Maybe we will all evolve into a higher consciousness some day :)

something like a great big version of Switzerland's political system. I like the idea of direct democracy and good civil rights. I want my right to do what I want with my body protected.
I'd probably go a bit further though and whipe out private education and healthcare. these are things that people shouldn't be able to buy better helpings of. Everyone should be equal and have equal opportunities in life. I would have gifted schools, but they would be publically run.

I'd also like to see young children not brought up in a religion. I'd like to see people able to choose for themselves what they believe, if that's in god, then fine, but as long as it's their choice and not something they were brought up to believe by their parents.

that would be my utopia.

1. No stupid people
2. Everybody contributes

This is my idea of utopia too. The sad news is it will never happen.
In the mean time, I'm working on my plan to buy a small island. I'll move everyone else off this one to my new acquisition and remain here unmolested. :D Be nice if you want invitations.

1. No stupid people
2. Everybody contributes

[MENTION=3774]kammy[/MENTION]

What constitutes 'stupid people' if I may ask? Don't worry, I won't argue with you, I'm just interested in your definition of such.

[MENTION=3774]kammy[/MENTION]

What constitutes 'stupid people' if I may ask? Don't worry, I won't argue with you, I'm just interested in your definition of such.

I find willful ignorance to be stupid, but a lack of intelligence doesn't necessarily mean the same thing imo. Perhaps I should have said, "people with a good EQ/IQ" :)

What do you think constitutes stupidity?

This is my idea of utopia too. The sad news is it will never happen.
In the mean time, I'm working on my plan to buy a small island. I'll move everyone else off this one to my new acquisition and remain here unmolested. :D Be nice if you want invitations.

A small island.. brings that movie The Wicker Man to my mind lol. OH, I'll be super nice :D

Reactions: not sure
This thread reminds me of C.S. Lewis's book Mere christianity. The concept is that no heaven could really exist for you unless you had a certain moral lens so to speak. It's a different context and that's only one small part of the book, but this thread reminded me of it.

I hope someday that all human life is treasured. There are equal rights for every single person. No matter the age, gender, appearance, location, sexual orientation, belief system, creed, nationality or race. A sense of unity. I don't think communism is the answer. Competition is healthy but I do think treating people fair is another matter. I do not think society could ever be perfect on earth but I do think the biggest step there is to treasure every single human heart beat as something of worth.

I just wish everything wouldn't be as organized and planned as it is.

You're born > You go to school > You work > You retire > You die

And anyways, perfection is boring.

Utopias are boring. Just give me a little noire realism, like in Blade Runner.

People just do what they are supposed to do.

I favor a society where human worth and dignity is lived-out and valued within the community, where uniqueness, creativity and inspiration is encourged and celebrated and where sharing freely and openly with others is the norm. Such societies, while not completely perfect (what is?), have existed and even flourished...they still have the power to astound and inspire even to this day, if only because they existed. On a more micro scale, they still do I suspect.

Last edited: