Your story of the attraction that wasn't . . . | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your story of the attraction that wasn't . . .

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Gaze, Oct 16, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Gaze
  1. youhemmein

youhemmein awkward turtle
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    2w1
    Aw. I like that story. Very sweet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    I used to work at a place where this volunteer guy would come in every week and immediately I'd get all starry eyed and grin like an idiot. This is so cheesy, and it's only happened this one time with this one man, but whenever I'd see him I felt a jolt, ::queues hair metal music:: Like lightning.

He was friendly with me and we began small talk--whenever I wasn't stammering over my words and avoiding eye contact with him.

Finally, I just decided I was going to find out if he was single and fumble my way towards asking him out. Very stealthfully, I asked if he had family around here and he said he was engaged.

Truth be told, I felt a bit relieved because he was a nice guy and I couldn't talk to him with all that tension.

But for weeks I agonized about why I felt so intensely attracted to him, like a physical reaction that pretty much knocked the wind out of me. It had never happened before. I was reading books on pheromones and all that jazz trying to figure it out. I agonized about the idea that he was my soul mate and I HAD to ask him out or my life was doomed. I am not a fatalist, so it disturbed me very much...

I have never experienced that with anyone else and hope I never do again. It was just too mystifying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Gaze

Gaze My word . . . hmm
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Cool story.

4. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Heh.
    Thanks.

It was a terrifying experience, let me tell you. I am a boring lover and it was no fun feeling like I was about to enter into some cliched Hollywood romance movie life. I'm not couth enough to pull anything like that off. I actually fall in love with my head first, then the heart follows.