your most annoying trait or quirk | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

your most annoying trait or quirk

Man, it's debressing reading all this. Sure it's good to know your weaknessess, but wouldn't it be better to focus on the brightest sides of yourself, if one of your bad sides are being too harsh on yourself?

What I mean is, that there should be an topic that lifts up eachother and ourselfs, instead of the opposite. Just saying...

I've started a few threads to get people to say nice things about themselves and others but people seem to have a difficult time doing that.

Here's a few:

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29155&highlight=ten

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28497&highlight=crow

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27718&highlight=say+something+nice

Please go in them and share some positive thoughts.

Perhaps INFJ's not that positive :/
Hmmm. I have been getting the impression that they atleast aren't that positive at themselfs, but when it comes to other they cherish in them. So maybe we should start show our appreciation for eachother... (but I don't know you guys, not yet).

Okej, my turn...

I know a lot,
. understand a lot,
.. complex ideas and simple facts,
I have a kind heart
. strive to make the best of things for everyone
.. and struggle to keep the hearts of men open for eachother
I'm not envious, not competitive, nor am I keen to getting it my way
. but I still know when things get bad, and aren't afraid to lift my voice
.. so that others don't have to

But all of this,
. every single bit,
.. is nothing when I'm dead.
It's all gonna fade away
. my mind's gonna lose
.. my heart's gonna stop.
And the only thing I now know
. that's worth living for
.. is my life with Christ.

For everything else is momentarily.​

(I don't like to writing these words in english, for it sounds so "cliche". I'm not an American, I'm Swedish! ;))

I know that I have certain things in my life that I'm perticulary good at, better then others, and it's important to admit it for yourself to become whole - atleast for me. But I also know that these "things" aren't gonna make me (atleast me) happy. Even if I would become the best mathematician, lover or altruist, I have found that getting to know God is greater than all things. I talk from the heart, and not from what everybodyelse says. Trust me - I'm an INFJ ;)

And the bad sides? Well, probably being unable to cherish what I'm good at, partly as a distorted consequence of the same thing I mentioned above. To get the right balance between admitting the joy and knowledge I get from my abilities and not losing my true joy in life - it's hard. Either I forget life (Christ), and strive to become "the best", or I find life, and forget to live.

One obvious anoying trait of me is that I tend to complicate things, as you can see... but for me it's also one of my abilities.

I didn’t find it cliche at all.
You sound like a well rounded and kind person…it’s nice to make your acquaintance!
As a fellow INFJ I am my own worst critic as well…it’s a personal struggle, though I feel better about it than I ever have in my life.
I can complicate things too, mainly for myself, though this is improving also.
We have to learn to love ourselves…to be just as kind to ourselves as we can be to others.
I believe in God, though I could never give a good description of what God is exactly…I believe God is beyond the understanding our minds limit us to.
It is hard to not lose the joy…especially when the rest of life likes to seemingly mess with you for the hell of it…haha.
“Things” don’t motivate me either…I have some really nice things…but there is no attachment there. The things that are important to me in my life aren’t physical things you can buy.
I had a bad medication reaction that caused my heart to beat only 30 beats a min. a couple months ago…that’s only one beat every two seconds…and my blood pressure reached up to 225/110 which is insane. As I lay there on the exam table and the Paramedic was putting an IV in my arm…I knew what those numbers meant, having been in the medical field my whole life - I was waiting to lose consciousness any second (how I did not is beyond me), and what I thought could be my final thoughts - were of my Son, my significant other, my Mom and family….I didn’t think about the stuff I owned, or how much money was in my bank account, or even what I had to do tomorrow…I thought of the love I felt for them and they for me.
That is what was ultimately important to me.

You all over there is Sweden rock btw!
I totally dig your music!

0a683761d9629e9e7257e9bc28fad64b.jpg

Daydreaming, not paying attention, apologizing when I probably shouldn't, annoyingly trying to people please, and laughing at random things that seem funny. Life is sure strange sometimes.

Probably my fierce need for privacy, solitude, and my habit of analyzing as well as over-thinking.

And then I get annoyed when they try to barge in like uninvited guests. They're just trying to make connections, I get it. It's not you, it's me.