Your Favourite Paintings/Artists | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your Favourite Paintings/Artists

*gasp*

Embrace the variety of human beauty!

Hahah. In real like okay. In art - nope.

"See this narrow pipe" *shows narrow pipe.
"This is my view on such a matter."

Hahah. In real like okay. In art - nope.

"See this narrow pipe" *shows narrow pipe.
"This is my view on such a matter."

Art is life is art is life is art. Forever. Did I simplify that too greatly?

Anyway, that pipe is too narrow to be useful.

*snatches pipe and snaps it over knee*

Oops, sorry! I am entirely ruled by my impulses. Please forgive me.

il_fullxfull.682562206_czz1.jpg

e58cc2450b7a864cf067f7f425568ea8.jpg

Art is life is art is life is art. Forever. Did I simplify that too greatly?

Anyway, that pipe is too narrow to be useful.

*snatches pipe and snaps it over knee*

Oops, sorry! I am entirely ruled by my impulses. Please forgive me.

That's okay. I have plenty of back up pipes ^_^

Through the narrowness of a kaleidoscope are seen wonderful things :hippie:

That's okay. I have plenty of back up pipes ^_^

Through the narrowness of a kaleidoscope are seen wonderful things :hippie:

Very very true... but just think of all of the other beautiful colours you could be looking at too, ;-)

Sorry, I'm submitting to my talent for being disagreeable, I think I have completed quite enough of that for now.

Have not forgotten your other amazing posts, Thank you very much for them, just a few things going on atm

Very very true... but just think of all of the other beautiful colours you could be looking at too, ;-)

Sorry, I'm submitting to my talent for being disagreeable, I think I have completed quite enough of that for now.

Have not forgotten your other amazing posts, Thank you very much for them, just a few things going on atm

Hahah, INFJ stubbornness. I don't expect either of us to sway ;)

Don't you worry, thanks for your thoughtfulness amidst your life's chaos. I don't expect a thing! (Plus, thinking for us folks usually takes a little longer than for most).

Reactions: invisible
I never really "got" impressionist stuff until I went and saw some works by Monet. They really are captivating in person and very underwhelming online or in a book. Seeing the brush strokes and having some connection with the piece really helped me understand it. I'm still not too big on impressionism but when I see a good piece I know it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Claude_Monet_-_The_Houses_of_Parliament,_Sunset.jpg
    Claude_Monet_-_The_Houses_of_Parliament,_Sunset.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
I never really "got" impressionist stuff until I went and saw some works by Monet. They really are captivating in person and very underwhelming online or in a book. Seeing the brush strokes and having some connection with the piece really helped me understand it. I'm still not too big on impressionism but when I see a good piece I know it.

I was usually always charmed by impressionist works, but seeing Monet close up and personal was something entirely different. Well, 'close up' in inverted commas I should add, since a little distance makes for a better view of most paintings (especially impressionist), a closer view makes one impressed by the textures (those thick blurbrush strokes you mentioned) and humanity of the piece, but sometimes not know what's going on. I.e. I prefer the small thumbnail to the large ^.

A young, half-mad alcoholic of Montmartre, Maurice Utrillo

renoirs.jpg

suburbs.jpg

coeur.jpg

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
I love this thread! I love far too many artists to mention. Some were mentioned by others. I go through phases, too. I will obsess over one artist, then another, so picking a favorite never seems fair.

fantastic thread!! im getting so inspired from your wonderful suggestions.

personally i like the cubist stylings of kandinsky. its so simple, yet so chaotic and open to interpretations. currently im listening to a wide range of artists. i keep returning to sufjan stevens and laura marling.

Last edited:
Im not a big paintings guy but I do like Van Gogh and undoubtedly a few others I do not know the names of. I am..interested in the drawings of Davinch as well.

I think I would make an excellent artist if I were very very drunk and someone put a canvas, paint and brushes near me.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] having mentioned Da Vinci's drawings reminded me of my favourite illustrator: Gustave Dore, especially his engravings such as those for Dante's Divine Comedy:

Reactions: Professor Snep
I could have my own calling card... like my face print on each of my pictures. People would think it was high art but really its just my face from where I passed out.