Your appearance | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Your appearance

Thou shalt not take the Lord Thy God's name in vain.
Anything you don't understand about that?
Not that I care, really,
but you seem so insistent on others being utterly innocuous.

Thou shalt not take the Lord Thy God's name in vain.
Anything you don't understand about that?
Not that I care, really,
but you seem so insistent on others being utterly innocuous.
If you really think I believe in the bible...well then I'm going to hell in your book. (I'm done posting off-topic remarks)

I remember well, when appearance started meaning something in school. It was around 11-to-12 years old , and starting around the 6th grade. When kids would make fun and point out "oooo where did you get those bo-bo shoes..? " and many kids made constant snippets like "my Nike Jordans cost $120.00" ( as if the higher cost made them wear better or last longer).

Also...they would comment as if they themselves actually worked for the money to pay for their own clothes and shoes...when it was their parents who paid for theirs. I remember that was around the age that the girls started plastering make-up on. Name brand clothes meant something to the status quo cliques of who's who in school. For me, this would've been around 1987-88 , and go on through 1994 my Senior year.

It amazes me how people are led, even at a young age to fit in and succumb to their peers just for the sake of appearance. The impact that Madison Avenue has nationwide is astonishing. These kids at that young of an age would keep up with the price of what they wore...as if the price determined how well it looked and feeled, they didn't care how long it lasted as they were not having to foot the bill. The only thing that mattered above all was the name brand and price.

They would belittle anyone who wore lesser name brands, and it was mostly the jocks and preps who were the upper elites of the social hierarchy. For about 6 years in school, I watched 3 main social groups ....the Preps which were usually the ones whose parents had money, the Nerds/Geeks and they even referred to themselves as that, and the long-haired hippie type metalheads.

There were some that didn't hold to any of those, as I didn't. It's odd how the template for social status hierarchy gets laid at such a young age.Appearance means everything to a lot of people.