[INFJ] - You know you're an INFJ when... | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

I think this is one of the key indicators of being INFJ somehow people zero in on us, and tell us stuff they would never tell others. Worse, like you say they want our advice ?? Even worse ??? we feel compelled to try and help, and often do try to console and advise. One time a manager I never got one with asked me close the door of his office. I thought, oh well, here comes the big row.

Instead ? told me he was in a state, had phoned his boss in tears, was arguing with his wife etc.. all this with no build up or clue. I think I said "everything will be fine, take a break book a holiday etc" this kind of thing has happened to me numerous times. We must have some kind of 'neon' sign that says 'tell me about it' or whatever. I am trying to leave that sign in a drawer at home for a while.

*smilling* same.
When the big boss comes into your room and closes the door and you're thinking "oh no, here comes the big tell off for something" and instead he says he is worried about another staff member who he knows you're not actually friends with and asks you if said staff member is going to be ok. And he's only expecting a one word answer, because he knows you are a vault. And you say. "Yes, with a bit of time they will be ok"
And boss is happy and walks out.

You depreciate yourself on purpose to make someone else feel better.

*smilling* same.
When the big boss comes into your room and closes the door and you're thinking "oh no, here comes the big tell off for something" and instead he says he is worried about another staff member who he knows you're not actually friends with and asks you if said staff member is going to be ok. And he's only expecting a one word answer, because he knows you are a vault. And you say. "Yes, with a bit of time they will be ok"
And boss is happy and walks out.

When the big boss comes into your room and closes the door and you're thinking "oh no, here comes the big tell off for something" and instead he says..... his wife is having an affair, so he is, too, and from then on confides in you about his very personal problems.

when you come home, put the key in the door and have a hunch that something isn´t right. you go phone a relative and say that something feels strange. then go back and are greeted by another relative, saying we have just been burgled.

A little fried today from a surge of exposure to people today. It wasn't even that bad. I mean there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It's just that I'm hyper sensitive to peoples energy and to noise, and to too much electrical energy, and to off gassing from plastics and synthetic material. I know this isn't exclusively an INFJ thing. Do any of you INFJ people experience this kind of thing?

very sensitive, i feel a lot in the body, sometimes i don´t notice it straight away but depletion makes me become aware. everytime there is live football down the road, which one can´t really hear, i get stressed out. i don´t know of it is the energy of the hordes but i get really cranky. i used to feel the energy from the busy street around the corner where i used to live. feeling people´s personalities, which can also drain me and make me feel like oxygen is sucked out of me. i really don´t like this. on the other hand one can feel positive energies to a positive extreme.

When you try to keep contact with someone because you care and it's important but that person doesn't see who you really are or how much you care. The other side of this is that if they don't give you back some of that care at least a little, you will eventually realize who they really are and will go away and never come back. Then they will try to chase you but the damage has been done.

Your friends ask if you can drive everyone from here to the barbecue and you're thinking "Hell, what if they want to stay there for more than an hour. I'm stuck"
this happens to me all the time. I seem to be the family and friends chauffeur, partly because I'm good at it, but also because I don't drink

Reactions: Sandie33
... And you have a nickname for the people who do that to you because it happens so often.
And they say things like, "You're my best friend. I have no one else to go to."
and you're thinking like, if you're my best friend, who needs enemies?

Reactions: Asa
very sensitive, i feel a lot in the body, sometimes i don´t notice it straight away but depletion makes me become aware. everytime there is live football down the road, which one can´t really hear, i get stressed out. i don´t know of it is the energy of the hordes but i get really cranky. i used to feel the energy from the busy street around the corner where i used to live. feeling people´s personalities, which can also drain me and make me feel like oxygen is sucked out of me. i really don´t like this. on the other hand one can feel positive energies to a positive extreme.
It's true

LOL!

c5767fe2cee806a7dd4a22e730c5f422.jpg

.....and we don't hang around or say, "I told you so" - we just calmly walk away and leave everyone to swim around in all the drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you come home, put the key in the door and have a hunch that something isn´t right. you go phone a relative and say that something feels strange. then go back and are greeted by another relative, saying we have just been burgled.

...or you have a dream prior to the incident happening or while it's happening - spooky.