[INFJ] - You know you're an INFJ when... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

When you think you don't have to state the obvious and then suddenly look up to see all the bemused faces and realise that you absolutely need to....(OK, not in every case).

(Ok. Scrap my above post). YES. I prefer to avoid stating the obvious. When I forgo mentioning it, often people will bring up how it was neglected, or look puzzled as if something in what I said is missing. I have to learn to start by stating the obvious or else people assume you are not aware of the obvious. That's fair enough.

When you seek deep meaning and connections but are so cautious and slow to let people in that you won't even open up and get real on a forum for fellow INFJs where you're anonymous. :p

When you seek deep meaning and connections but are so cautious and slow to let people in that you won't even open up and get real on a forum for fellow INFJs where you're anonymous. :p

there may be a few reasons for that ranging from all kinds of overwhelm in day to day life, not just the forum, to the amount of new and amazing people here, to our universal preference for one on one interaction, to some of the pesky non INFJ people here and to some of the over the top comments here that leave me wondering, do people really talk like this in real life? and of course I remember that yes, sometimes they do, which is why getting a new puppy sounds like a wonderful idea...

:)

Last edited:
A little fried today from a surge of exposure to people today. It wasn't even that bad. I mean there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It's just that I'm hyper sensitive to peoples energy and to noise, and to too much electrical energy, and to off gassing from plastics and synthetic material. I know this isn't exclusively an INFJ thing. Do any of you INFJ people experience this kind of thing?

@CosmicINFJ:
I do. A lot. I have relatively sensitive ears. Besides absorbing everything else, some noises drive me crazy. Like forks against teeth. Just the thought of it makes me cringe.

I used to be willing to die for my friends. But I'm having second thoughts. If I died, my friends would be screwed without me. So I keep a fairy in a bottle around my neck. That way if I try to be a hero and end up dieing, the fairy will revive me.

You know when you're an INFJ when you're willing to die for your friends, but you won't let yourself abandon them.

I'm not really Hyper Sensitive, More like Hyper Aware and very Sensitive. Not all Non INFJ's are pesky. Of course I'm partial to NF people. That's just me. It's a feel the Love kind of thing. Yes, I really am contemplating getting a puppy next year.
You now you're an INFJ when you feel the need (at least internally) to correct peoples impression of you. (Well some people, because for others it's just not worth the effort)