You have five years left to live... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

You have five years left to live...

What will you do with the rest of your life?
close my eyes and dream

Will the way you live change?
yes... it will be like drifting across an open ocean, on a little boat quickly taking on water.. in the night the water will turn to ice, and sparkle in the moonlight

Will you tell people that you are going to die or just live with the secret?
i'd hold them tight, and pray they'd never know

What goals will you have to accomplish before you die?
spread my wings and fly..
take that one bold step towards an uncertain destiny

oh, god. life is fragile.

Well if I am still single, I will attempt to see the places I have never seen for the first two years. The next year I will spend with friends and family doing whatever they can think of so they will have good memories after I am gone. The last two I will spend in whichever research lab will put me up to study the disease, will also try to write everything down that I have thought of in the past during this time.

If I am married or otherwise engaged with my soul mate, then whatever she would like to do for two years, the middle one year is still meant for friends and family. Last two years are still dedicated to science and writing.

I'll still live cheap, may or may not keep smoking, and I'd travel for a time. So yeah it would change somewhat.

It would be unfair to not tell anyone I think with the plans I have laid out.

I want to experience Washington DC, London, Paris, Berlin, Venice, Rome, Moscow, Tokyo, Alexandria-Egypt, Jerusalem, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Baghdad. Then I would like to write something prolific that would assist humanity in finding common ground to stand on.

Reactions: Azazel
I would keep living my life the way I do now, but talk to a few people so that they could deal better and have a plan for after I died. I'd make sure people knew where my will was, and I'd start saving for my funeral so that nobody else had to pay for it.

This is a really interesting question for me cause a few years a go a psychic told me that I would die in my 50's. Considering that I'm about to turn 50, I actually think about this. I'm really not sure whether or not to believe this person but they were right about A LOT of other things. So, if I'm still above ground and breathing in 5 or so years, I guess I'll find out whether or not they were right. It's a weird knowledge to live with. Sometimes I wish they never told me, but then, it really has changed how I view my time here. It's a bit daunting and overshadowing sometimes. Sometimes it spurs me on to do things cause I'm afraid I'm running out of time, other times it's depressing and frightening, and still other times it makes me feel incredibly grateful for the time I've had here. Any thoughts?

What will you do with the rest of your life? Live it to the best of my ability. Try to let go of past hurts and forgive people and myself. Spend my time doing things that make me really, really happy. Love the people in my life as much as I possibly can. Pass on everything I have to give in the hopes of making a few peoples lives a little better. I mean that in the figurative sense, like my beliefs about humanity and caring for folks.

Will the way you live change? Yes, but I don't think dramatically. I'll just be more of who I am. If that makes sense.

Will you tell people that you are going to die or just live with the secret? Up until now I've only told people that I'm close to and asked what they thought. But now, I just told the world.

What goals will you have to accomplish before you die? I covered that in the first question.

I'd go for my biggest dreams without a fear of rejection because it wouldn't make any sense; I'd somehow find money to travel where I always wanted to and experience the lands with someone I love.
I'd document every day of my life in details just to leave something behind... Maybe it could help researchers.

the same place, I think, unless I could move up to the mountains and a lake nearby. I would live in a more frugal way, even more frugal... Because who needs all this stuff anyway?
I'd probably start smoking :redface: oh no.... I wouldn't because then I couldn't make sports (I can't combine :/). So no, not much would change in these matters. BUT I'd try to work as hard and as much as I could, so my SO has more money left for him when I die. I'd feel better if I knew he wouldn't have financial troubles. I'd probably have to save for cremation as well, etc... I hate being a burden.

I'd only tell it my husband but nobody else. I wouldn't want to be treated as if I'm already dead (and people do it quite often).

to forgive everyone is probably number one. The rest would follow...

I would become a "Nomad" of sorts and live in India, Brazil, Japan, China, Arizona, Hawaii, Morroco, France, Greece, Italy,Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, Australia, and other places that suit my fancy. I would teach people my truth and tell my stories and listen to theirs. I would dance with people every day and sing and drum. I would slowly give away all my things, so that on my last day, I had nothing left but the clothes on my being. I wouldn't tell anyone about it...In fact, I would just put it out of my mind.
At sunset of my last night, I would attune all those around me to Reiki who were willing, as my last action. I would be excited and at peace for my impending death the following morning.

And as the sun rose, I would transition back into my light body, gleeful to go home to spread love, light, and wisdom by other means.

I would continue looking down upon others who would only attempt to do great things if they knew how many years left they had. What a shame.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Spend all my time with old friends, playing and listening to music and writing, documenting my experiences for others to keep, and, especially, loving. Wear only high heels, sandals, or bare feet everywhere. Stop using umbrellas in the rain.

I would probably keep doing what I do now: wander and wonder. I am not terribly pressured by time as it is, so little would change. I am unsure about telling anyone, however. On one hand, I would feel extremely guilty for shocking my mother at the end of my life's term, as she has given me so much without expecting anything in return - the least I could show her would be the respect to tell her that her son is dying. On the other, I know she would drop everything, when she is finally able to start pulling ahead of the curve, and spend the rest of my time together. She is more than a mother and deserves a more fulfilling life than would occur after my death should she give up her opportunities now, yet...I do not feel that is my choice to make.

I've read all of the posts in this thread and I see some common answers; traveling, letting go, documenting experiences, making sure you have a will or something that sets your affairs in order so as not to leave a big mess for the people you leave behind, no longer putting off things you've always wanted to do. I guess more or less a lot of people feel the same way about it. Interesting.

Stay on schedule and say my goodbyes.

It sucks that I wouldn't get to retire to that island/mountain I'm always talking about. C'est la mort.

Have fun

Yes, of course.
Everything will be more rushed... go out everyday and not hide so much

I will tell everyone whose relevant to my scheme of having fun

Maybe drop out of school, maybe not... ask permission to do part-time study due to special circumstances
Travel to every continent, every state in my country...
Donate anonymously to a charity generously
Not find my lover, not have kids
Get under 60kg weight
Join a band
Continuously write to my penfriends till the last day, wish them goodbye
Write a will
Set an example, maybe a role model, and INSPIRE.

I'd probably want to set something up in a poor country… a library or a school or something. Or maybe just help out a village or community somewhere. I think I'd probably want to dedicate most of my time to doing that. There's seriously no better feeling than helping out people who actually need it… not just throwing money at them, but really working and helping them. I guess I'm pretty lucky because I've already done enough traveling to know what I like and what interests me-- culture and recreation is nice, but the only really amazing moments I've experienced have been going into a really poor place and handing someone 10 or 20 dollars (probably several months' pay for them) without expecting anything in return, and then watching them sort of break down in disbelief and gratitude. That's definitely what life is all about-- helping the right people. The more selfless you are about it, the better it feels. Especially if you know that it's really going to make a difference.

If I don't have to worry about saving for retirement, then I know that I could probably use my savings to do some real good in the world without really caring if I ended up bankrupt.

I'd definitely tell people. Why wouldn't I?

I'd also like to do something to help animals. I sort of want to make a film but ultimately I'd say that setting up a school or library or something useful would probably be less risky with a far bigger return… because the film could totally suck and then nothing would happen, I would be forgotten and nobody would see it… but the library or school would definitely help people and they would remember me and I wouldn't feel like I wasted my life.

I would probably kill myself. If not, I would try to do as many good deeds as possible before I die.