• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Would you rather give or receive? When and why?

Last edited:
Give. I dunno, just never been good with taking compliments or gifts. Maybe it somehow makes me feel obligated and I feel like anything you do for someone else shouldn't spring from a pre existing obligation. It should come from the heart, means more.

give or receive what?

It depends.

Would rather give lice.

Would rather receive coffee.

give or receive what?

It depends.

Would rather give lice.

Would rather receive coffee.

Slant you make my sides hurt. :rofl:

Reactions: slant
I prefer the giving. Wasn't always so, but I love the art of giving gifts that said person actually wants.

Hahaha, I wish I didn't feel guilty getting without giving. Then I might just take and take then and thats no good.
Normally I just give in little amounts at a constant rate, so it sort of slips by people's guilt-o-meters. Or I slip and make it impossible or very difficult for people to give me something back, and I never bring it up again.

Hahaha, I wish I didn't feel guilty getting without giving. Then I might just take and take then and thats no good.
Normally I just give in little amounts at a constant rate, so it sort of slips by people's guilt-o-meters. Or I slip and make it impossible or very difficult for people to give me something back, and I never bring it up again.

+1

I'd rather give, because if my expectations are always set at receiving, then I'm going to be disappointed most of the time.
Plus, giving tends to make people happy, and I like happy people.

Not that i'm a great giver, but i chose give because i don't like it when i think about what i can get or receive. And it bothers me when others give me something without expecting anything in return. I'd rather give, because it makes me feel good, than to give simply because I was given something. I hate feeling obligated to anyone.

I would like to both give and receive. I believe in balance, so in order to feel content, there must be both in fairly equal amounts. :)

I will respect nature's rule. Receive both give and receive like happiness and sadness.

I love to give compliments. But I prefer to receive gifts. I'm all talk.

Giving is easier for me than receiving - however, there is almost an art to receiving graciously and gratefully (in a way that makes the giver feel good) that I would like to master.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roger
I want both. I voted for that option awhile ago and posted about it, but I deleted my post pretty quickly when I realized I was the only person who felt that way. I mean, I felt greedy.

I'd love to say that I prefer giving, and that's that, but, honestly, if all I ever did was give, I'd probably become pretty resentful. It's just that if no one is giving you anything in return, you get the idea that you're being used or that you're simply underappreciated. Or I do, at least. Why would people just continuously take from you? So I'm not perfect after all.

Receiving does make me a little uncomfortable, but I think balance is sort of necessary.

Last edited:
I'd love to say that I prefer giving, and that's that, but, honestly, if all I ever did was give, I'd probably become pretty resentful. It's just that if no one is giving you anything in return, you get the idea that you're being used or that you're simply underappreciated. Or I do, at least. Why would people just continuously take from you? So I'm not perfect after all.

Receiving does make me a little uncomfortable, but I think balance in sort of necessary.

Agree.

I like to do both. I feel like I give too much and ever receive or take anything for myself. And that's not a good balance

Giving is easier for me than receiving - however, there is almost an art to receiving graciously and gratefully (in a way that makes the giver feel good) that I would like to master.
Yus it is an art. I've gotten quite good at being gracious and grateful without being untruthful. I always feel a twinge of "I don't deserve this" but I am working on that too. I always make sure the giver gets their reward in <3 though ^^.

In general, I prefer to receive.

I think I feel anxious about giving because in some weird way it puts me in a spotlight. I'm uncomfortable about how what I've given will be received and I'm uncomfortable receiving any sort of attention for the giving.

Receiving is easier because for whatever reason, I'm comfortable with a quiet expression of appreciation and then diverting attention back to the giver.

I like to give companionship, emotional support, and expressions of myself when I've been given signals that someone wants to receive.