World Domination - what's the use of it? | INFJ Forum

World Domination - what's the use of it?

enfp can be shy

people vs the bad people?
Donor
Oct 3, 2009
MBTI
enfp
Enneagram
-
What's the use of World domination? People often seem interested in acquiring it. I have no idea why.

I track back in memory, growth and development to find where and when have I even learned such a concept. Ask any child that still can't read and doesn't watch movies and TV - they won't dream about World domination. Only by reading stories (much like the Bible stories) about the Great evil overlord, who plans to take over the world, we even begin to think about that.

And why?

Is it because we need the thing? Or is it because we need to feel as important as the Great evil overlord from some imaginary story? I probably have problems to comprehend how the need of someone could extend so far, that they would need the whole world. They wouldn't even be able to govern it properly, or to visit every place they dominate. What's the purpose? Except for copying a childish story to feel more important?

I conclude that it's obviously absurd for anyone to desire World domination, but then I still wonder why is this phrase so often around.

Please God, do not let me have to rule the world someday - ever. Yes, it would be a better place, but I wouldn't want the responsibility for all those souls. Thank you.

Personally, my reasons for world domination are purely altruistic. Okay, that's a lie. Mostly I get bored a whole lot and think world domination might be the only answer to that chronic and debilitating condition. What could be more time consuming than running everyone's lives for them as you see fit? Plus I can demand tributes and screw with the calendar and that would be awesome.

In reality, I couldn't be bothered to even tie my shoes, let alone tell people what to do. I'm far too indifferent to most people to care. I'm all about the ethical anarchy. If I *did* take over the world, it would just be in the spirit of breaking down and redefining social structures. I'd like to see how people would react without rules or control because I think most people are too soft, frankly. I think too much comfort breeds banality. I rather be interesting than safe any day of the week.

I think world domination is more of an architype than anything else. In literature it is about extreme ego-centricity and thirst for control, power, and recognition/adulation....rather childish when you get right down to it.

Most conquests seem driven by expansion of trade or resources...money. That or revenge/hatred. Or expanding an ideology, but that has never had chance one of succeeding. Conquest seem to be more directed at one objective or two...not the entire world.

Reactions: enfp can be shy
What's the use of World domination? People often seem interested in acquiring it. I have no idea why.

I track back in memory, growth and development to find where and when have I even learned such a concept. Ask any child that still can't read and doesn't watch movies and TV - they won't dream about World domination. Only by reading stories (much like the Bible stories) about the Great evil overlord, who plans to take over the world, we even begin to think about that.

And why?

Is it because we need the thing? Or is it because we need to feel as important as the Great evil overlord from some imaginary story? I probably have problems to comprehend how the need of someone could extend so far, that they would need the whole world. They wouldn't even be able to govern it properly, or to visit every place they dominate. What's the purpose? Except for copying a childish story to feel more important?

I conclude that it's obviously absurd for anyone to desire World domination, but then I still wonder why is this phrase so often around.

If you can literally rule the world, who can deny you anything?

It is about greed, power, and selfishness. Many people would enter that position thinking they would do good. However, I am a true believer that ultimate power ultimately corrupts.

I think people are after World Domination because it's the highest, most tangible and practical goal there is to reach. To me, I would say that beyond good or bad intentions, it's the challenge factor that gets people juiced. The other bit? Well, it has to do with the number one need and want among all humans: acceptance.

And if you own the world, you're nothing short of a god. Tell me that doesn't play into that need. It means everything worked out for you; the universe accepts you and your destiny. The ultimate success.

Would I want to rule the world? Personally, I don't believe ONE person ever could, if we're going to speak practically. But if there was a team, a group, an organization, would I want to be part of it? Possibly. It would depend on their goals.

If I was offered control of the world, I would accept in a heartbeat. I ain't gonna lie.

It just seems so infeasible, inefficient and even... a waste of life?!

My main explanation for now is: to outgrow someone else. Take over the world, before somebody gets it first. Which is a very stupid reason, especially if you don't really gain anything good for your personal life.

So, I find it even self-destructive, as human notion.

p.s. TDHT, you aren't god then, you are just the boss among some monkeys on a speck of sand in space. And you won't be able to enjoy your life, at all, neither make use of even 1% of the power.

Even if you are part of a team, come on; it's pure ignorance to assume you can make justified decisions. Most of the time you will be in complete darkness about what's going on and why, just like everybody on the planet is.

p.s. TDHT, you aren't god then, you are just the boss among some monkeys on a speck of sand in space. And you won't be able to enjoy your life, at all, neither make use of even 1% of the power.

Well, okay, if we're going to be snarky and take things literally here, then fine: god-on-earth, the term and power being relative. If was one of the bosses of the world, it's safe to say I'd have more than just 1% of the power.

Even if you are part of a team, come on; it's pure ignorance to assume you can make justified decisions. Most of the time you will be in complete darkness about what's going on and why, just like everybody on the planet is.

*laughs* I don't think you can pull the ignorance card on a purely hypothetical and imagined situation; because I can turn around and say that it depends on how an organization is set up. And who are you to say I wouldn't be team leader? I'm not limited to your imagination, y'know :)

Last edited:
I think world domination is more of an architype than anything else. In literature it is about extreme ego-centricity and thirst for control, power, and recognition/adulation....rather childish when you get right down to it.

Most conquests seem driven by expansion of trade or resources...money. That or revenge/hatred. Or expanding an ideology, but that has never had chance one of succeeding. Conquest seem to be more directed at one objective or two...not the entire world.

Heh. Maybe that's why I was so weirded out by my interaction with the money-forward dude. Money in extremes just puts in my mind the word "corruption".

World domination is a ludicrous concept. People forget that universe is constantly expanding, so "what" about the world they are attempting to dominate is minute; it's constantly losing significance as time passes. In my humble opinion anyway.

Last edited:
TDHT is a team player!

No way. I'm a boss lady, dominatrix-type. I have a whip and leather boots and a torture chamber in my basement that's any S&M enthusiast's wet dream. Wanna play?

:p

In all seriousness, though, world domination ain't going to happen. I think it's mostly tongue-in-cheek for a lot of people. That's why all the comic-book and cartoon villains are so crazy about it.

TO RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!!!!

*giggle* I'm just kidding I didn't read this. I just wanted to be funny... *runs away now*

TO RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!!!!

*giggle* I'm just kidding I didn't read this. I just wanted to be funny... *runs away now*

Dneecey for president!!!

eagle-flag.jpg

Money can only buy certain things and people who are grossly rich need something else to keep them busy, so what do they say "hey, I know...we should rule the world!"

If was one of the bosses of the world, it's safe to say I'd have more than just 1% of the power.

And who are you to say I wouldn't be team leader?
You will have all the power, if you wish, and you can be the team leader. *see how nice i am :)*

The point is, so what? You are still limited in the information you can process, for yourself. And this is how you will have to make decisions. With all this power, 5 lifetimes won't be enough to even make use of 1% of the possibilities you will have, or to experience in person the wealth you own.

Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace...

Yes, in the end it seems to all be an illusion, and illusions can come crashing down pretty hard!!

You will have all the power, if you wish, and you can be the team leader. *see how nice i am :)*

The point is, so what? You are still limited in the information you can process, for yourself. And this is how you will have to make decisions. With all this power, 5 lifetimes won't be enough to even make use of 1% of the possibilities you will have, or to experience in person the wealth you own.

Er, what's your point? Power isn't measured by experiencing everything there is to experience. Everything we do is an opportunity cost and we're all still saddled with that same fate. I can't do everything I want to do now anyway. I can't be an Olympic runner, an astronaut, read every book ever written, write twenty best sellers, be a successful trial lawyer, have twenty two children, sail around the world, bed Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Alba, etc, etc.

The difference is, as a World Leader and on top of the meritocracy, I imagine I would have more resources than the average leader of a country, more resources than the average person. That still would put me in a better position to experience what I want to experience than the rest of the populace, don't you think?

That's the big perk :)

Last edited: