World after Corona virus | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

World after Corona virus

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Vendrah, Apr 2, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
More threads by Vendrah
  1. philostam

philostam Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    Wow, nice one. That's some tasty profit you must have made.

Asa and Maikl Jexocuha like this.
  2. dragulagu

dragulagu Galactic Explorer

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    I had Bitcoin years ago, sold it with a bit of profit but not as it is now. I currently invested in altcoins (XLR and Lumen, Ethereum), they usually go along the flow of Bitcoin. A general advice to give here is to not buy when it is peaking. But wait when it drops (the whole buy in the dip, sell at peak shebang).

What I do with crypto is just go with an investment baseline (eg. what you have invested), wait for a nice margin and then sell crypto into cash.

So let's say you have invested 1000$ in crypto (divide it into different coins); let it runs it flow, when it runs over let's say a 25% profit margin, eg. 1250$, you shave off 250$ worth of these coins and let that flow back as cash directly to you. Then let the rest of those coins flow further. If you make more profit, good. If it drops again, sell the coins and leave it to cash in your wallet (eg. you revert those back to 1000$ in dollars). Then wait for it dropping in their lowest and buy the coins again. Repeat.

I keep check with how much I cash I have returned from my initial investment. That return amount will be my risk budget. In other words, if I returned 250$ of my 1000$ investment then that means I am "safe" when my 1000$ investment in crypto drops to 750$.

The crypto market is a very volatile one, so it is not a long term investment strategy there, if you want that you go with regular stock strategies.
    So use capital that you can miss, and enjoy the rapid flow it goes in. ;)

To give you a couple general rules:

- Only use money you can miss, don't invest with any cash you would need.
    - The flow of crypto is always up and down, with longer down periods and shorter up periods for a couple days to a couple weeks. Don't expect miracles.
    - When it is peaking, you'll see a stagnation for a couple hours-days and then see the market value drop, don't be afraid to convert your crypto to cash then.
    - The crypto market flows are continuous, crypto coin won't "suddenly" drop to 0, neither will it be a golden egg that turns your capital into 100x fold.
    - You don't have the continuously have to follow the market trends, just set some price indicators (like bitcoin going over 20k for example) and follow it by daily basis.
    - As always, sell at the peak, buy at the dip, don't give in to any hype because a lot of people (especially in crypto) invest based on emotion.
    - Lastly, important, following up on the previous, this is a semi-regulated market, not something like actual stock market. This means that the big players can make big changes into the crypto flow, meaning you can see sudden spikes or drops in the flow. Do not panic sell or buy. Be smart and wait.
    - And as an extra, it's a good exercise into pattern recognition, you'll intuitively after a while start recognising flows within the crypto market and are able to play on it. So
    have fun doing so.

So understand the crypto market, understand how it flows and you'll have fun investing into it. Honestly I have no idea where crypto will go into the future. Because there's a lot happening in the world that has an impact on it. (Covid being a positive regulator for example for crypto, because of the insecure world economy).

Oh and you don't have to invest into bitcoin persé, it's still the "driving" crypto coin, but there's enough choices to go for. Just check their market history and what these coins go for, technologically wise.

Asa, philostam and Maikl Jexocuha like this.
  3. dragulagu

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    @Maikl Jexocuha the above is my experience so far, curious how yours is, any difference to it, because you seem to have a different strategy? And what's your opinion on the current flow. I'm sceptical to bitcoin going over de 100k line, but I could imagine it going double its current value rate in the coming years.

Asa and philostam like this.
  4. Maikl Jexocuha

Maikl Jexocuha Space Cowboy
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 4w5
    Similar. I don't really have a set strategy for bitcoin. I'm still learning. Lol. But I had a bunch around late 2014 and early 2015, and I got a little "caught up" in silk road and silk road 2. Sold a lot. And lost a lot in dark web scams. And of course partied a little too hard on the dark web at that time...uh yeah. But I save but I use btc like I would gold or silver commodity. I save 15% in a vault wallet that I own. The rest, I dont have a strategy, I just put down what I'm not afraid to lose, I trade on coinex and mining makes up my transfer fees.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    dragulagu and Sandie33 like this.
  5. dragulagu

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    On that regard, got a book here on the new Silk Road I still have to read. I wonder how much BTC will have influence on it, it being a possible commodity?

Maikl Jexocuha likes this.
  6. dragulagu

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
  7. Maikl Jexocuha

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 4w5
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Maikl Jexocuha

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 4w5
    @dragulagu do you think crypto currency will replace traditional currency?

I still get confused by the difference between US Dollar coin(USDC), True US Coin(TUSD), and something like DAI which is supposed to closely match the US dollar. Crypto is decenralized, but the USDC is somehow supposed to be "backed" by the US dollar? I have no idea if other countries have a crypto currency or planning on it. Wouldn't it also compete with all the other decenralized currencies?

I dunno, just speculating and rambling..

I do think though, bitcoin will reach in the $100,000 - $300,000/coin value by the end of 2021.My guess is around $220,000 by next December. Some investors are even predicting a value of over $300k by the end of 2021.

dragulagu and Sandie33 like this.
  9. Maikl Jexocuha

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 4w5
    dragulagu likes this.
  10. Roses In The Vineyard

Roses In The Vineyard Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Crazy to think that someone gave 10,000 btc for a pizza back in the day when a shitty pentium 4 could do crypto mining but people do forget that as all things this will end someday as will the fiat.
    When the time comes the USD will kick the bucket along with the Euro likely with the upcoming great reset and it will hit much harder than 2008 coupled with deep systemic failures that would fundamentally change the quality of life for most of the population for the worse. The most likely trigger will be an issue with the European banks particularly the German mega banks and a sovereign debt crises ultimately leading to defaults. The issue with trusting crypto is that for the most part it requires the functions of modern civilization to be going smoothly so when the services are affected be it due to human actions and the power goes out for days to weeks at a time one will need another means to storing value be it metals usually gold for those who can afford it or some other commodity item. It will be the assumption of normality that will catch people off guard and be the cause of much trouble especially those easily given over to fear.

dragulagu and Maikl Jexocuha like this.
  11. Korg

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    Passive income:

Get 32 ETH, stake them on Ethereum and run a validator node. I don't know what the fair value of ETH will be in 2025 or what the reward % will be, but even conservative guesses would provide a decent income stream.

dragulagu and Maikl Jexocuha like this.
  12. dragulagu

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    It has to, current traditional currency is far overvalued over its market value and digital assets are already getting far more importance in the current world; it would be logical to fully implement crypto / digital currency into the market.
    The question is whether Bitcoin will be taken in as an (or the) official commodity, like gold, or will be sidelined by the banking industry/government for their own crypto system (both banking sectors and governments are heaviliy investing in the technology).
    I honestly don't know though..it currently remains a grey area in regards to investments. And that's not going to last imo..I personally don't believe in the 100-300k valuation. 20k is already incredibly high for an asset like bitcoin.

If you want to go wild, you can go through the regulations draft of the EU (page 14 and so on): https://www.politico.eu/wp-content/...Draft-Regulation-Markets-in-Crypto-Assets.pdf

Interesting sidenote, in line with your question, in regards to regulation - XRP/Ripple (which is more of a transaction-focused coin) has received an action lawsuit from the SEC - https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-338

Maikl Jexocuha and Sandie33 like this.
  13. Maikl Jexocuha

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 4w5
    And.... Bitcoin hit $30,000+ this morning.(the reports I read earlier this year were right. I interpreted the forecasts correctly. In an 8 month span of time BTC would=$30k-$50k/coin)

Sandie33 likes this.
  14. slant

slant M O U L T I N G
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    A lot of the ads I'm hearing lately remind me of ads I heard in 2008. Another recession is beginning.

Maikl Jexocuha likes this.
  15. Aneirin

Aneirin AKA, David
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    type 4w5
    Tomorrow begins vaccination bingo..