Workout.. | INFJ Forum

Workout..

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know perhaps this is not the best place to ask..

but, what exercises are part of your routine if you do any at all?
Do you tend to target specific parts of your body you wish to exercise?

I am recently starting to find out which ways I can targets my legs, since my body is very disproportionated. I have a very thin upper body and my lower body is where most of my fat gets concentrated..anybody know any ways?

cool avatar raccoon

i enjoy swimming as a great upper body and general fitness exercise

i think i heard that jogging is a good exercise up until about age 25 as until that age it stimulates soft cartilage growth in lower body joints?

your body is probably still growing proportion wise.

You should focus on toning your arms and building muscle in your legs. Try Pilates, it starts at your core and works your entire body.

Running and Weightlifting also work too.

I shall look into it :)

I mostly want to keep my body slim, since I like it that way. I thought of maybe focusing on ones that target only the legs, though some lean muscle would not hurt.

You saying we're fat?

if we were all fat it would be the perfect place to ask =P

[MENTION=2027]Raccoon[/MENTION]love i don't do anything specific, but i think running and cycling are good general forms of exercise. i think due to your age you shouldn't get into heavy lifting or anything like that, it'll stunt your growth

Your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

if we were all fat it would be the perfect place to ask =P

@Raccoonlove i don't do anything specific, but i think running and cycling are good general forms of exercise. i think due to your age you shouldn't get into heavy lifting or anything like that, it'll stunt your growth

Yep. I constantly tell my brother this since he likes to work out so much. x_x'
Anyway, I do yoga twice a week and tango once a week. It's good, and fun. :]
Running and cycling actually seems like a pretty good start if you want to target your legs. Good work out, plus it adds to physical endurance. :)

I know perhaps this is not the best place to ask..

but, what exercises are part of your routine if you do any at all?

Anything that comprises of compound exercises (exercises that target more than one muscle) such as heavy squats or bench presses.

Do you tend to target specific parts of your body you wish to exercise?

I have separate days for separate muscle groups. For any example I would train Legs one day, Back and shoulders the next day and arms on the third day. Keeping up with this routine is a mission as I have Boxing and Muay Thai on 4 days a week which leaves me worn out sometimes.

I am recently starting to find out which ways I can targets my legs, since my body is very disproportionated. I have a very thin upper body and my lower body is where most of my fat gets concentrated..anybody know any ways?

For starters is called genetics (try being a woman) naturally fat tends to be stored in the upper thighs and lower stomach. There is no such thing a spot reduction, regardless of what the commercials advertising junk to target your abs say, to get the body in proportion requires you to work the whole body.
Low repetitions and heavy weights is a great way to build strength and muscle mass, it is often favored by guys who resemble twigs in their build.
For us bigger folk who have excess baggage, high repetitions and short rest periods is the way to go as you are also getting in a cardio workout at the same time. It is a great way to burn fat.
I tend to work my legs much harder than I do my upper limbs, for the purpose of me fighting in the ring.
An awesome exercise for the legs (and an awesome way to kill yourself in the process) is stair climbing/running or hill climbing. Many gyms will have stair climbing machines, if not, stadiums or anywhere where sporting events are held often have large flights of stairs. It will get your legs screaming as if there was no tomorrow.

Number one piece of advice I would give to anyone who is new to the concept of working out, is to seek out a gym where you will be taught how to do exercises properly without killing or damaging yourself.

Regardless of what everyone says here, I believe that you are not too young to lift weights.
I would encourage every teen out there to put down the crisps and soda and pick up the iron. Weight lifting has so many benefits when it is done correctly. Such as improving your joints, improving heart and brain function, speeding up your metabolism, building confidence and for us dperessed folk releasing endorphins (making you a happy chappy) and improving the quality of sleep.

Last edited:
well... 125 push-ups and 250 crunches a night for 6 nights a week
and maybe twice a week go to the gym/rec center to work out leg muscles & use weights

Last edited:
How do you feel about running? I've heard of some runners putting on a lot of leg muscle, but for the most part it seems to create an overall lean physique.

Also, have you tried yoga? I wonder if you might enjoy it.

How do you feel about running? I've heard of some runners putting on a lot of leg muscle, but for the most part it seems to create an overall lean physique.

Running is good, if you don't have joint problems or tight muscles.
Yoga is fantastic for flexibility.

being a runner for 6+ years i strongly agree. it definitely builds up leg muscles (quads, hamstrings, calves, etc etc.). also, if you couple it with core workouts, say, twice a week, it's great for getting lean...

I don't know why I have always had this inner dislike for weights. I am already pretty lean, I would say near the underweight line. This makes building some sort of muscle really hard, in contrast my lower body which has a lot of fat. Which is why I want to exercise my legs. Later maybe some toning, but nothing excessive and that keeps me thin yet healthy.

Running sounds interesting, I would indeed try to do that more often. I'm already very flexible, so that might not be necessary. In part, this had to do with Taekwondo at the beginning since we are expected to remain within a certain weight, which is part of the reason I oppose really gaining much muscle mass, not to mention I am not a fan of it myself.

I don't know why I have always had this inner dislike for weights. I am already pretty lean, I would say near the underweight line. This makes building some sort of muscle really hard, in contrast my lower body which has a lot of fat. Which is why I want to exercise my legs. Later maybe some toning, but nothing excessive and that keeps me thin yet healthy.

Running sounds interesting, I would indeed try to do that more often. I'm already very flexible, so that might not be necessary. In part, this had to do with Taekwondo at the beginning since we are expected to remain within a certain weight, which is part of the reason I oppose really gaining much muscle mass, not to mention I am not a fan of it myself.

Are you still doing Taekwon-do? I used to be a competing practitioner myself before my injuries, depression and change of martial arts. Unfortunately weights is the best way to combat fat. The problem with things like running is if you are not eating a proper high protein diet the first thing that will go will be the muscle. The body tends to hold onto fat when you are underweight or losing weight. Weight lifting is vital for maintaining muscle, especially if you are doing a martial art like Taekwon-do where you need strong legs and joints. Runners don't only do running, weight lifting for a runner plays a vital role for maintaining strength and improving speed.

You can't be wishy washy when it comes to muscle. You will be doing yourself a huge favor lifting weights, both mentally and psychically.

I shall look into it :)

I mostly want to keep my body slim, since I like it that way. I thought of maybe focusing on ones that target only the legs, though some lean muscle would not hurt.

Why would you wanna build muscle...? Showing off for someone... :mhula:

:D

DO WHAT I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kickboxing <333.

I do kick boxing 4 times a week for an hour, and then run 2.5 miles almost every night. And I'm still fat. In fact, being that it's 2am, I think I am going running now. Who wants to come???

Kickboxing <333.

I do kick boxing 4 times a week for an hour, and then run 2.5 miles almost every night. And I'm still fat. In fact, being that it's 2am, I think I am going running now. Who wants to come???

yes. and it feels amazing out

Wrong. Just ran 1.5 miles (I'm still tired from my workout class this morning) and walked for 30 minutes listening to God Send Conspirator over and over. (Love that song)

TOO DAMN HUMID !!!

Here, let me donate these mosquito bites to you.

Reactions: rawr

Kickboxing <333.

I shall join you on your quest, I train 4 - 5 nights a week for 2 -3 hours. I've actually lost a ton of weight since I got back into it (I gained 80lb from depression, lol, but I've already lost over half of it.), its all in the diet. My trainer said to me, avoid anything that is processed or has flour and sugar in it. He was right on the money. Diet contributes to about 70% of fat loss success. Weight lifting and protein is your best friend.

WOOT! I can't wait to start competing and sending some asses to the floor.

Last edited: