Women Constantly Making Themselves Look Good: Why? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Women Constantly Making Themselves Look Good: Why?

Makeup makes girls squee.

Not even a joke. It even makes me squee.
What's not to love? My makeup box is an artist's pallette, a treasure trove filed with shiny shiny shiny, secret potions and magical wonderment!

And, by the way, I now have this image of you squeeeing in my head. It won't leave. I don't want it to leave. <3

What's not to love? My makeup box is an artist's pallette, a treasure trove filed with shiny shiny shiny, secret potions and magical wonderment!

Ah, but I see you purposely did not mention that effervescent purple philtre in the leaded glass, as well as that stripper glitter, er, faerie dust, that mesmerizes men so they are docile for your practiced dark arts.

Well played, enchantress, well played.
Yaisse.gif

Muahahaha,
Ian

And, by the way, I now have this image of you squeeeing in my head. It won't leave. I don't want it to leave. <3

I squee all the time. I've just been keeping it a secret.

Any woman I'm with needs to wear makeup to bring her looks up to par with mine. I don't need some bedraggled woman bringing me down, making me look like a bottom feeder. How embarrassing! I'm naturally top shelf beautiful, so I don't need to do much to make myself look good. Every couple of days I rub Vaseline on my inner thighs to ease the chafing and that's it...out the door I go to share my beauty with my community.

Exhibit A:

Any woman I'm with needs to wear makeup to bring her looks up to par with mine.
Remember that guy I saw that I decided looked like you (based on your avatar)? Well, one - he was handsome AF. And two - he was wearing eyeliner. Totally pulled off looking rugged with eyeliner.....

Also, this thread title made me laugh.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Remember that guy I saw that I decided looked like you (based on your avatar)? Well, one - he was handsome AF. And two - he was wearing eyeliner. Totally pulled off looking rugged with eyeliner.....

Also, this thread title made me laugh.

Haha! I do remember! Didn't know he was wearing eyeliner. In reality though, one - I am handsome AF. And two - that is all.

Reactions: Asa
Hmm interesting.. I only wear make up when i have time.. Or if needed (special occasions etc) Ahahahha im too lazy to add that to my routine.. BUT i ALWAYS want my hair to look nice and my body to smell good..

It makes me laugh when men tell me they don't care about makeup and prefer women to not wear any. They have no clue that what they're really saying is they prefer women that wear makeup that isn't obvious. Even a little bit of makeup to make you look slightly better makes a difference in how people, men and women, treat a woman. It's sad but true, women are judged very much on their appearance, even by those who are not aware of it and who claim that they don't. Women wear makeup and check it to see if it needs 'touching up' because they get treated better when they look better.

It makes me laugh when men tell me they don't care about makeup and prefer women to not wear any. They have no clue that what they're really saying is they prefer women that wear makeup that isn't obvious. Even a little bit of makeup to make you look slightly better makes a difference in how people, men and women, treat a woman. It's sad but true, women are judged very much on their appearance, even by those who are not aware of it and who claim that they don't. Women wear makeup and check it to see if it needs 'touching up' because they get treated better when they look better.

If you don't mind the taste of realness.
Maybe men want to know what they're actually getting. Women are very much this way to men in the sense that they feel betrayed if a guy turns out different from the attractive behaviors he has portrayed in the beginning of a relationship or interaction.

I wont say men don't persue women who don't wear makeup. A better way to look at it is that makeup improves a woman's appearance, and guys are attracted to appearance. A woman he typically wouldn't persue could be if she wore makeup, but many guys wouldn't admit it. Similarly a woman wouldn't admit rejecting a guy being himself if it turns out he doesn't have the qualities women/she likes.

Of course this is a generalization, though I feel a need to diminish much of the psychology behind the deviations from it. In general, I think the deviations are some derivation of compensation. "I'm a special snowflake that likes this weird quality in a guy/girl because [insert justification] (I don't have the luxury otherwise, but I've been this way so long that it's part of my identity, and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between who I am and who I could be if things were different)".

But I digress.

The point of this post, and many of the others I posted in this thread is that men and women have equivalent problems. Also, this isn't a disagreement. I agree with you, and adding to it.

Last edited:
I don't constantly groom myself but I do like to look and smell nice and that requires a modicum of effort. It's human nature to judge others based on presentation. I do it, too. If someone looks unkempt or is moderately odiferous on a regular basis, I find that I avoid them. In society, a certain amount of grooming is also necessary for professional advancement. Would you promote or hang out with a stinky, unshaven person with matted hair? For women, makeup isn't essential but most women who care about looking professional and well-put together will use at least a little.

I don't constantly groom myself but I do like to look and smell nice and that requires a modicum of effort.

To me, that's just a part of one's personal hygiene. Like, it doesn't even have to have anything to do with others, that's just being well, clean. Sometimes it seems like there's so much stigma around wearing makeup and such, and that being "shallow," that some people avoid associating themselves with makeup. Honestly, there are so many reasons why a person, male or female, might play with their appearance, that it's impossible to generalize or assume the reasons why. For instance, the aforementioned and common generalization that wearing makeup is shallow or superficial, is incredibly lacking. One could perhaps apply it on an individual level, but not at all to the general act of wearing makeup.

Personally, I do not care whether or not someone wears makeup, in the same way that I don't care if someone has tattoos, or if they wear their hair a certain way, or dress a certain way. I get confused when others do, like it's any of their business at all what someone does with their body. I sometimes think of the human body like a canvas, and makeup just another medium used on that canvas. You can keep it "natural," or you can do otherwise, it's all still an expression of self.

Anyway, despite my makeup advocacy or whatever, I personally don't really wear makeup, but a good deal of that is due to laziness, not being great at it, running my hands over my face in frustration so often it'd ruin the makeup anyway, etc.

Sometimes it seems like there's so much stigma around wearing makeup and such, and that being "shallow," that some people avoid associating themselves with makeup. Honestly, there are so many reasons why a person, male or female, might play with their appearance, that it's impossible to generalize or assume the reasons why.

I agree with this. In my opinion, this is mostly people judging others when the actual problem is the hater feeling threatened by reality or the people who participate.

Reactions: aeon and hush
If you don't mind the taste of realness.
Maybe men want to know what they're actually getting. Women are very much this way to men in the sense that they feel betrayed if a guy turns out different from the attractive behaviors he has portrayed in the beginning of a relationship or interaction.

I wont say men don't persue women who don't wear makeup. A better way to look at it is that makeup improves a woman's appearance, and guys are attracted to appearance. A woman he typically wouldn't persue could be if she wore makeup, but many guys wouldn't admit it. Similarly a woman wouldn't admit rejecting a guy being himself if it turns out he doesn't have the qualities women/she likes.

Of course this is a generalization, though I feel a need to diminish much of the psychology behind the deviations from it. In general, I think the deviations are some derivation of compensation. "I'm a special snowflake that likes this weird quality in a guy/girl because [insert justification] (I don't have the luxury otherwise, but I've been this way so long that it's part of my identity, and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between who I am and who I could be if things were different)".

But I digress.

The point of this post, and many of the others I posted in this thread is that men and women have equivalent problems. Also, this isn't a disagreement. I agree with you, and adding to it.

Most of your post is accurate, except the part that you seem to suggest that only women are disappointed if the person they are interested in doesn't turn out to be as nice as they thought. Are you saying that men are ok when the woman turns out to not have the qualities that he likes? That's not true. Men reject women being themselves all the time as well. I don't think women do that more than men. Plus, why would anyone want to be with someone they don't like?