Why Would An INTP Stare Into An INFJ's Eyes? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why Would An INTP Stare Into An INFJ's Eyes?

This recently happened and I'm not sure what it means. Any body language experts here?
I think it might be different for different people, but I'm currently seeing an INTP girl and she won't even dare look at me even when I ask her to. Some people can be extremely shy and not know the best way to express how they feel. I, myself, love staring into peoples eyes. I love the feeling of everything else around you suddenly being completely irrelevant and silent as you gaze into the windows of their soul. When you're with someone you love and you just take a few minutes to look them in the eye, you almost feel like you're connected spiritually, which is why people might like doing it.

I do that when I'm daydreaming. And I daydream A LOT! And find myself staring at people A LOT!
Haha, that's kinda cute. I think many people misunderstand INTP's a lot. My experiences with them have been positive, as the ones I know are compassionate, caring individuals who also happen to be quite intelligent.

Haha, that's kinda cute. I think many people misunderstand INTP's a lot. My experiences with them have been positive, as the ones I know are compassionate, caring individuals who also happen to be quite intelligent.

Well I'm nice. I do go out of my way to be nice to people. But I have to say, it doesn't come naturally. Its something that's developed with maturity.

Update- It happened again several times over the span of two days. Bathtub scene, deep stare and I made a bubble wall that funnily enough looked like Patrick from Spongebob. lol Yes I know, very silly yet I wasn't sure what to do as these INTPs attempt to come off as shy and reserved, yet I'm not so sure they aren't in fact Sirens, luring the fun loving INFJ's to their deaths.

Second INTP stare encounter-
While both sitting next to one another on a train I see out of the corner of my eye this sorcery happening again. I turned away for a moment then nuzzled my face into his neck, not realizing I've let go of my rolling carry on bag which rolled away and collided with a baby! At this point I realize something is definitely going on and I must continue to analyze until I fit all of the pieces of this mysterious puzzle together.

Tbc. . .

Last edited:
it means....nothing and it means everything.
What it means is that this INTP let a few or all walls down and stared into your eyes which mean they actually SEE you a living person. which means you are on their mind and that you have their attention for now. IF you want to know if its interest the answer is Yes...dont over think it. its yes at that moment!. I bet you N already told you that.

it also means nothing because with an INTP it may never happen again, or only happen when they "feel it" the walls will pop right back up then come down than pop up higher and higher and you will be expected to climb them. It means nothing cause INTP can and will change their mind if they are breathing. so
yeah.

good luck, run if its a siren.

Reactions: BritNi
it means....nothing and it means everything.
What it means is that this INTP let a few or all walls down and stared into your eyes which mean they actually SEE you a living person. which means you are on their mind and that you have their attention for now. IF you want to know if its interest the answer is Yes...dont over think it. its yes at that moment!. I bet you N already told you that.
While my Ni is strong I think being in a bathtub full of bubbles was a clue. :tonguewink:

it also means nothing because with an INTP it may never happen again, or only happen when they "feel it" the walls will pop right back up then come down than pop up higher and higher and you will be expected to climb them. It means nothing cause INTP can and will change their mind if they are breathing. so
yeah.

good luck, run if its a siren.
But it keeps happening. :openmouth: Should I try staring back and see what happens? #stareoff

of course it keeps happening!
this is fun filled playful game! its great right! .........
but where is the end game? where is the payoff? INTP loves the game, esp ifs its an INTP game....unspoken stuff! maybe possible stuff...saying things without saying anything at all!!! leaving bread crumbs!

does any of that sound familiar? if so just give a time table and then corner em and ask for the payoff. My guess is that the tone will change cause thats means you sucked all the "fun" out of the room

of course it keeps happening!
this is fun filled playful game! its great right! .........
but where is the end game? where is the payoff? INTP loves the game, esp ifs its an INTP game....unspoken stuff! maybe possible stuff...saying things without saying anything at all!!! leaving bread crumbs!
How many INTP's have you known as friends and/or dated?

does any of that sound familiar?
Nope.
if so just give a time table and then corner em and ask for the payoff. My guess is that the tone will change cause thats means you sucked all the "fun" out of the room
There's your problem. Cornering any IN is a bad idea. Why not just take it as it comes?

I know INTPs, I have freaking PHD in intps...
being straight up aka corning an IN is not a bad idea, it will make them uncomfortable but its better than stuck in "what if" land.
INs sometimes need a kick in the arse to make a move or take an action. INTPs very very slow to take an action INFJ is too. Take it as it comes is fine, for a time just remember that

Damn INFJ's always seeking deeper meaning and deeper connections, yet often squandering such opportunities with mistrust and over-analyzing...and the moment ends...

Yes damned INFJs they are altogether infuriating and impossible.

Last edited:
Sounds like they've been on the receiving end of you. What did you do to the poor INTP's?
being straight up aka corning an IN is not a bad idea, it will make them uncomfortable but its better than stuck in "what if" land.
You shouldn't need to corner anyone or make others feel uncomfortable.
INs sometimes need a kick in the arse to make a move or take an action. INTPs very very slow to take an action INFJ is too. Take it as it comes is fine, for a time just remember that
Typology aside, the attitude you exude online leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes you've gotta stop and ask yourself, is it me?

Perhaps you're too sensitive?

Last edited:
I woke up in a panic this morning thinking is today the day that @highlighter said would come? That horrific heartbreaking inevitable day. Tomorrow? How much time have I got left? Was last weekend's hike our last? It just can't be true. He even killed a wasp with his bare hand that attacked my hair! :cry::cry:

Last edited:

Regarding PhD, I have wondered what an INTP school looks like.

giphy.gif

Si makes an entrance in INTP sports lesson.

giphy.gif

Art is comical.

giphy.gif

The best INTPs become inspiring teachers.

giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKJG8p39T1hJFLO/giphy.gif

Grades are not that important.

Before most adjectives, this INTP is observant - a signal of what draws my interest and stokes my curiosity. And as I've observed, INFJs are highly adept at delivering intentional meaning through facial cues, especially with sleight of eye. It's like reading a good book whose pages turn at its own pace. When the page turns, I have to see what it says.

Maybe he has a similar interest.

Maybe INTP like what he see.