[INFJ] - Why going vegan MIGHT be a bad idea, at least in the long run | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Why going vegan MIGHT be a bad idea, at least in the long run

Please note that I do not know the "ultimate truth" regarding diet
This is an awful lot of information to sift through. :wateven:

Perhaps for some of us that are unfamiliar with the dos and donts of Veganism, as well as the other information in the post, you can provide a summation of what you're trying to point out?

Thank you :)

I haven't read through the whole OP or watched the videos, but what about this thread do you mean is so blatantly out of line here?

To quote the OP
I agree. This post isn't bashing, it's playing devils advocate. It is merely stating another side of the research.

I for one think that NO diet is best for EVERYONE. We are all different, and there are some that if they choose a vegan diet, would be killing themselves.

Personally, I won't judge a person's diet. If someone wants to be a vegan, fine that's great! More power to them. If someone wants to be on a paleo or keto diet, that's also great!

Myself, since I weight-train and do high-intensity workouts, I need a balanced diet with leans meats, vegetables, carbs, etc etc. I have tried veganism, but as a result, I was very sluggish and tired, but that's me personally. Every person's body is different. I have friends who are vegan, and they are doing great!

As long as someone is on a diet that is healthy and nutritious--- doesn't matter if it contains meat or not (just as long as the meat is lean with barely any fat)---the most important thing is that a person chooses an ideal, nutritious lifestyle. It's really all about balance.

Sugar is the real evil.
(but it’s so good)
(-said the sugar addict...since it’s in everything these days)

Personally, I won't judge a person's diet. If someone wants to be a vegan, fine that's great! More power to them. If someone wants to be on a paleo or keto diet, that's also great!

Myself, since I weight-train and do high-intensity workouts, I need a balanced diet with leans meats, vegetables, carbs, etc etc. I have tried veganism, but as a result, I was very sluggish and tired, but that's me personally. Every person's body is different. I have friends who are vegan, and they are doing great!

As long as someone is on a diet that is healthy and nutritious--- doesn't matter if it contains meat or not (just as long as the meat is lean with barely any fat)---the most important thing is that a person chooses an ideal, nutritious lifestyle. It's really all about balance.
Well said JD!!! And I agree! Well except for the fat part. People on a keto diet (for maintenance and energy, not weight loss) need moderate to high amounts of fat because that is what the body will burn as fuel. If the person's goal is weight loss, however, they will continue with low fat foods so that the body can burn their personal fat instead of the fat they are digesting. Then when they have reached goal weight, they can and would need to consume more fat in order for their body to have the fuel it needs. They could start on carbs again, but that would end the ketosis and likely result in gaining some weight back.

I love that topic, can you tell? Lol!

Well said JD!!! And I agree! Well except for the fat part. People on a keto diet (for maintenance and energy, not weight loss) need moderate to high amounts of fat because that is what the body will burn as fuel. If the person's goal is weight loss, however, they will continue with low fat foods so that the body can burn their personal fat instead of the fat they are digesting. Then when they have reached goal weight, they can and would need to consume more fat in order for their body to have the fuel it needs. They could start on carbs again, but that would end the ketosis and likely result in gaining some weight back.

I love that topic, can you tell? Lol!

Hahaha! Yeah, I am not too familiar with keto! But I did hear from fellow colleagues and friends that keto can be very effective when done properly. :)

@Asa I am sorry that I wasn't considering the fact that you said "belief system" and that would probably be referring to the cruelty to animals that is endured when farming them for food. I was mainly talking about the nutrition aspect, not the belief aspect. For that I apologize. I get sick at what I see on some of these documentaries and don't wish that on any animal.

Last edited:
I feel like this thread should go in a similar direction as the jesus joke thread, change this to "why any diet might be bad."

There's no single correct diet since bodies are all different, but we've pretty well established that killing is wrong, we just haven't caught up technologically with a solution implemented into our infrastructure. We may always kill for sport in some capacity though, there's something very carnal about it. But aside from perhaps an incident with a rat vs my car, I've never personally killed an animal, nor would I want to. But if I had to, I would.

PS: the keto diet is legit
PPS: I have a sticky note on my fridge with the max recommended sugar, sodium and carbs. That's my diet. It's harder than you think. I fail, but I try.

I feel like this thread should go in a similar direction as the jesus joke thread, change this to "why any diet might be bad."

I guess I need to point out that this is a joke and the topic of veganism is super important to a lot of people. Over the years I've seen good people... on many sides of this debate. See, that was another joke. I'm pretty funny sometimes.

Last edited:
I guess I need to point out that this is a joke and the topic of veganism is super important to a lot of people. Over the years I've seen good people... on many sides of this debate. See, that was another joke. I'm pretty funny sometimes.
Why don't I get it? Lol. Am I missing something? Many sides?
giphy.gif

I just ate a vegan meal. I'm starting to believe the original post may have some truth to it because I used too much curry. Now my nose is running and my face is on fire. Luckily, because I've already been cleared of all the bad and good stuff in my body, thanks to drinking the industrial bleach I promometed earlier in this thread, if I die from this vegan meal, this thetan shall inhabit a brand new meat body... Yay Scientology!