Why do INFJs and INTPs hate each other so much? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why do INFJs and INTPs hate each other so much?

INTP indecision is seen as a weakness. Especially as you would seem to have some grasp on the principles at play in a situation.

INFJs arguing is like a swarm of metaphorical killer martyr bees who kamikaze ad hominem logic error the enemy, by banning the user. They avoid the argument, maybe they can't fully grasp logical structure, they form a unit of attacking the persons character posing the argument (such as immaturity), they then make the person giving the argument get banned. Due to their hive mind mentality. All the while, the argument has not even been considered, because it hurts their feelings. Seriously INFJs. Do you all argue this way? I know that there is a great possibility of me getting banned, and you completely proving my point. And you will not even notice, that you proved my point, because you are incapable of logical analysis.

To me, it sounds like you want to get banned by trying to provoke, to prove a point.

I don't know about the the hive-mind, but, from my understanding, it sounds more like you're describing Fi/Te, regarding the disregard of arguments due to emotional aspects.

To me, it sounds like you want to get banned by trying to provoke, to prove a point.

I don't know about the the hive-mind, but, from my understanding, it sounds more like you're describing Fi/Te, regarding the disregard of arguments due to emotional aspects.
Drama queens would rather be banned than ignored, dismissed, or refuted.

That's an interesting topic.
What dynamic is at play when a subject is dismissed, not on account of a lack of content; but merely because of the addition of some emotional content?
Some sort of social aversion?

That's an interesting topic.
What dynamic is at play when a subject is dismissed, not on account of a lack of content; but merely because of the addition of some emotional content?
Some sort of social aversion?

You might be on to something. Yes the INFJ ignore the argument, and make it about how they emotionally react to what is said.

You might be on to something. Yes the INFJ ignore the argument, and make it about how they emotionally react to what is said.

Why do INFJs and INTPs hate each other so much?

This is a serious question.
Please help me understand this hateful annoying dynamic.

How do you deal with your emotional reaction? Or, perhaps I should first ask, do you deal with it?

You make the point that INFJs will disengage from argument if it causes emotional upheaval - and perhaps become critical of the party that has materially triggered it. This mode of reaction is common to many personality types and is probably the foundational cause of the existence, preservation and expectation of many forms of social etiquette.

I agree that emotional reaction is not a reasonable cause for abandoning discussion; but it seems practical (in light of human emotionality) that certain social niceties be observed in communication. Whether one agrees, or even becomes frustrated, with social norms concerning communication (including argument), seems a moot point. It is protocol, adapted to the operating dynamics of complicated psychology. To become annoyed with, or to rebel against, social norms of "politeness" (cf. Greek notion of polity) is as useless as becoming frustrated that the length of a day is only 24 hours and not closer to 30 hours. (Incidentally, when humans are removed from external references of time, they generally fall into a routine of a 30 hour day).

I ask, while it might be annoying to deal with emotionality, is it reasonable to refuse to engage it, yet still expect to conduct discourse with emotional beings?

I don't think I've ever met an INTP that I've hated?

I think the frustration is finding INFJs who can't coherently put together an argument. All the while, they think they can, but in reality they are oblivious.
It's a lot more difficult than you might think, between the articulation difficulties and the fragmented stream of endless thoughts; that's why we learn to take "shortcuts" and instinctively "fill in the gaps" - how does one effectively put forward "evidence" to back up theories derived by such means?

The biggest annoyance that I personally experience with INTPs, is that they slow me down. Everything has to be taken into account (even the pointless crap), and they often refuse to compromise in their methodology; effectively rendering my intuition useless. (Its almost been as if they were incapable of thinking long-term? Getting stuck on certain "facts", which they were incapable of putting aside for a brief time... but no, they'd rather run in circles than consider my advice, even if it doesn't make sense - which I'm sure it probably doesn't). :p

They also get defensive. Watch.
Sounds more like an INFP reaction, with their strong Fi and butt-end Ti.

INFJs arguing is like a swarm of metaphorical killer martyr bees who kamikaze ad hominem logic error the enemy, by banning the user.
yeah ok, this guy thinks INFPs are INFJs for some reason... and I'm not even sure this guy's an INTP?

Last edited:
thread's gay

op's gay

[MENTION=5511]luzi[/MENTION]'s gay

qtiyd

Last edited:
Is that you trollin boxy?

yeah ok, this guy thinks INFPs are INFJs for some reason... and I'm not even sure this guy's an INTP?

WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT MY ARMY OF MARTYR-BEES?

Because INFJs pretend like everything is really serious bizness but just want everyone to get along and INTPs believe everything is serious bizness and don't realize when people don't get along.

Reactions: t5juyt
Probably because we write limericks about INTPs which involve them being one legged fishbarrow pushers.

We do that, right? Don't we?

See, like this:

INTP needs to pee!
INTP needs to pee!
Then she ate a monkey due to head fuck-ery

INTPbaganoosher
The fishbarrow pusher
Slipp'd opon a pile o sprinkles
And fell on her toosher!

Reactions: muir
A good friend of mine is an INTP, I am an INFJ. I know another INTP that I don't like as much, not all INTPs are created equal.

I may have an INFJ personality, and someone, a friend, I know may have an INTP personality. He helped my wife be unfaithful to me. She may have ESFP personality.

Man, I love my INTP's! I literally need a dose of those guys to keep me in check! My father is a brutally honest INTP and my intellectual teacher-mentor is probably an INTP. My teacher and I literally long for those intellectual talks to have our brains stimulated and happy. It's too bad, we don't have time to have those talks as frequent as I would like.

From reading these posts, I agree that this stereotyping is not right. We're all different and would get different opinions about people.
Don't hate, appreciate :)