[ENTJ] - Why do I feel naturally attracted by INFJ's? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[ENTJ] Why do I feel naturally attracted by INFJ's?

It's a cosmic thing, you wouldn't understand
1be23cefb1b9f1047b51274213a28e95.jpg
View attachment 44591

Because the ENTJ's and INFJ's strong and weak sides are opposite - the bond that was made makes it a perfect opportunity to let someone of another species (that you normally would despise) tell you the honest truth about your weaknesses/blindspots, because they genuinely respect and admire your strong side.

Yes, the infj/entj bond is pretty interesting! A natural respect can form when both are at similar levels of maturity, generally consisting of balanced levels of ego and making strong usage of each other's weaker sides creating a sense of admiration. It's a type of support that feels like you are continuously picking each other up while maintaining your own sense of strength, in a sense.

My guess is, subconsciously you seek to develop your Ni? I used to be attracted to ESFJ and I think it was because I subconsciously wanted to develop Fe. For some reasons I wasn't attracted to ENFJ. It could be either because my dominant function was already developed then, and Ni wasn't really interesting to me, or there is a sense of "competition" with our sister type? (It may be able to explain why you're attracted to INFJ and not INTJ) Anyway, I've through that phase and I don't have bias against any types now.

Reactions: Infjente
I have a close male friend who is ENTJ. And I get what you're saying actually.

Here's my hypothesis:

Both INFJ's and ENTJ's are leaders. Our styles looks completely different, but our main goal is pretty much the same - make the world work properly. Even if it means sacrifices on our behalf, we're willing to pay the price. This is a little different from other the other leading types we never could relate to, those who wants the world to function as a secondary motivation in order to reach their main goal - to be the leader.

Coming from the same place and the awareness of it, is where the bond is made. No judgement, only understanding. It feels strangely safe to let a person who is so different from you study all of your flaws and weaknesses. Because the ENTJ's and INFJ's strong and weak sides are opposite - the bond that was made makes it a perfect opportunity to let someone of another species (that you normally would despise) tell you the honest truth about your weaknesses/blindspots, because they genuinely respect and admire your strong side. At the same time, both are confident that they ultimately are superior over the other if it came down to a death match, because they see how fragile the other's weaknesses are.

The ENTJ's dominance, self discipline and clever strategies could easily go over the INFJ's radar. The INFJ's seemingly non-manipulating care and compassion is something totally new to the ENTJ and it gets addictive. All of a sudden the ENTJ is standing in the ring of fire. The INFJ is emotionally controlling the ENTJ, paradoxically because it was never the intention.

UpAIfzq.png

Reactions: Reason
Ha ha I'm supposedly INTJ but I don't take Myers Briggs as an absolute. I do appreciate their work however.

Interesting... I kinda figured it was something like that. What kinds of things do you take as an absolute?

In my experience there very few absolutes in the world... I thought it was already narrow. What are some things you consider absolute? Just some examples...

I can't think of anything outside honor. That's also questionable because what is defined as honor? and do the parties consider the same acts to be honorable?