[ENTJ] - Why do I feel naturally attracted by INFJ's? | INFJ Forum

[ENTJ] Why do I feel naturally attracted by INFJ's?

Dixie Normous

Regular Poster
Sep 3, 2018
Quebec,Canada
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Don't get me wrong..
I do seem to get along with every MBTI. I am just fairly new to this whole MBTI thing and I do not fully understand the whole psychology behind it. I make friends by the abundance and I seem to gain people's trust fairly easy, which I do not use for evil purposes, I cherish people's trust with my life. I love that I can interact with people very easily and that people can trust me as well very very easily, I also love to care and love people. Love to be funny and clown around. However.. I have met a few INFJ's and I am just soooo intrigued by them, they make me want to dig and they give me a challenge that seems other people don't give me and to me I get attached to them, I usually have a lot of fun with them because they seem to get my humor and I love their humor as well. I checked online and I can't seem to find something concrete about ENTJ / INFJ.

I also found out that about my enneagram (3w2)
That again.. I am completely new to this, in fact I didn't know about enneagram's before I joined this site.

Because we're fucken cool!

But really, subconsciously we seek what we don't have in ourselves.

It's a cosmic thing, you wouldn't understand
1be23cefb1b9f1047b51274213a28e95.jpg

I make friends by the abundance and I seem to gain people's trust fairly easy, which I do not use for evil purposes, I cherish people's trust with my life. I love that I can interact with people very easily and that people can trust me as well very very easily, I also love to care and love people. Love to be funny and clown around. However.. I have met a few INFJ's and I am just soooo intrigued by them, they make me want to dig and they give me a challenge that seems other people don't give me and to me I get attached to them, I usually have a lot of fun with them because they seem to get my humor and I love their humor as well. I checked online and I can't seem to find something concrete about ENTJ / INFJ.

It's because you're actually not an ENTJ at all. You're an ENTP.

I have a close male friend who is ENTJ. And I get what you're saying actually.

Here's my hypothesis:

Both INFJ's and ENTJ's are leaders. Our styles looks completely different, but our main goal is pretty much the same - make the world work properly. Even if it means sacrifices on our behalf, we're willing to pay the price. This is a little different from other the other leading types we never could relate to, those who wants the world to function as a secondary motivation in order to reach their main goal - to be the leader.

Coming from the same place and the awareness of it, is where the bond is made. No judgement, only understanding. It feels strangely safe to let a person who is so different from you study all of your flaws and weaknesses. Because the ENTJ's and INFJ's strong and weak sides are opposite - the bond that was made makes it a perfect opportunity to let someone of another species (that you normally would despise) tell you the honest truth about your weaknesses/blindspots, because they genuinely respect and admire your strong side. At the same time, both are confident that they ultimately are superior over the other if it came down to a death match, because they see how fragile the other's weaknesses are.

The ENTJ's dominance, self discipline and clever strategies could easily go over the INFJ's radar. The INFJ's seemingly non-manipulating care and compassion is something totally new to the ENTJ and it gets addictive. All of a sudden the ENTJ is standing in the ring of fire. The INFJ is emotionally controlling the ENTJ, paradoxically because it was never the intention.

Reactions: Wyote