Why did God create stupid people? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Why did God create stupid people?

From a macro perspective:

I doubt God created stupid people. As a human race we are still evolving our minds. The cognitive brain sits on top of the mammalian brain where the fear center(hypothalamus and amygdala) is located. Science shows there are 2 main nerves stemming outward from either side of the hypothalamus upwards to each side of our prefrontal cortex (analytical areas). Thing is - the nerves diminish before true connection can be made.
So you have the emotional brain(mammalian and reptilian) still mostly separated from the cognitive thinking analytical brain. This is why we cannot "think" our way through our fear/pain memories. We have to feel our emotions to process them. This is also why "talk" therapy doesn't work well for people with intense emotional memory issues.

To me, this suggests the reasons why we as a species tend to act like herd animals being preyed upon by predator animals. We are locked into being down on that level.
Meditation increases the area of the brain that does the thinking.
Since we as westerners (and unfortunately maybe the East too) are caught up in being consumers and always seeking outside of ourselves for happiness - instead of looking within to see what causes us to be unhappy - we are not able to overcome our fears and remain manipulative.

Herd or prey animals.
Never getting to the root of the problems within us.

From a micro perspective:

Stupid people are placed in my path to give me an opportunity to learn more about people, how they think, and to teach me more about compassion and humility.

That being said.... I still need to rant sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Attachments

• Maxine1.jpg
    Maxine1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 63
This thread is just here for ego-stroking - praising each others' superi0r intelligence, and appearing righteous while you're doing it. Christ would be proud.

Stupid is a word that can be taken so many ways, but I would much prefer hearing about stupid acts or actions than stupid people. All of us have done things some folk may deem as being stupid, but give those less gifted a break. Most often those with less have more somewhere else.

I like your take on things. :thumb:

it seem some of us get offended by stupid people, i dont, i make use of their strength that they seem unware of, they have a tendecy to be easily lead and their effortlessly maintained, they also will follow instructions without questions, consequently they make the perfect assistant to personal needs, but take advice from them or acknowlege it, the result would be an emmence dissapointment, as well as reienforment of their stupidity. so a definite "negative" for partenership.

So how do you maintain a stupid peson and keep them under your spell, you would have to demonstrate qualities they feel missing in them self, and appeal to "fairness" in an forceful authoterian stand, from then on you would begin to establish a functional rapport, once you've gained enough acceptance, repetition is a factor but appealing to their fantacies is key, at this point let your supreme creativity roam free. Now you have a lovable(at least from your perpective) assistant ready to take on projects.

You really sound like someone with a narcissistic personality disorder. Please go see a psychologist! I do not know whether you are "gifted" or not as you say, but you appear to have zero of emotional intelligence. I am even more repulsed by your personal "qualities" than by any stupid people. The only people who you actually vaguely appreciate are those that are your superiors (intellectual, better looking, your boss) and those that you actually fear because they have power or control over you.

Also stupid people are too scared of direct debates, and can be very vague, off topic, or just all over the place.

So do anxious people, people who suffer from depression, people who have trouble expressing themselves due to chronic disorders, and people with different MBTI type than yours (I doubt that you are actually INFJ). Your superiority complex needs feeding often; consequently, you found a beautiful place to feed it. The only stupid people are those who do not read you well and allow themselves to listen to anything you have to say. Who would like to be like you? I would be miserable if you were my boss not because you or anybody else thinks you are smart, but because you are a narcissist.

Last edited:
The irony of this thread is not lost on me, being a mere stupid person myself.

Reactions: barbad0s
His best interest and yours would constantly be clashing, the whole point was that they're persuaded to work with you, full consent. to establish the correct rapport, considering their need initially is vital, then confusing their sense of identity would create the right gaps to fill in with the "new order", it becomes easier to assign them to their new position. As i said, the stupid people basically accept the rules set as a norm to maintaining the relationship. which unlike your claim, are far from considerate of their needs. only works if the stupid people believe your authentic, so the rapport building is fundamental.
Your argument is that the unintelligent person would be worse off with someone else than with you?

This is exactly what I meant to avoid when I said 'be realistic'...
Anyways, I've not mentioned anything about perfection, but I'm gifted. I'm not miserable, I'm competitive.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there are people who would be miserable with you precisely because you're smarter than them, even if you had all the emotional intelligence in the world. It'd constantly be a toss-up between using your gifts and risking sending them into another inferiority-negativity spiral. I know this is possible from experience. Those sorts of people would never be happy with you, and it would be cruel and unethical to ensnare them.

Sycophants, on the other hand, are ideal - the types who actually gain joy from helping someone smarter than them. In that case, you are actually doing them a favour imo. And it's easier than with anyone else. That's why so many kings and queens and generals and evil sorceresses have them as assistants. The Big Bad in The Emperor's New Groove is a good example.

although other people are easily strayed by their negative emotions and in a weird sense they may actually enjoy them, or maybe they enjoy the variety of emotions. oddly enough those same people will often accuse you of the exact same thing. I'm not sure of their aware of their projections, but they should really find other means to avoid stress.
I do enjoy a variety of emotions, but partly because it's a step up from my previous state. I'm always looking to increase the amount of joy in my life. But some things trigger negative emotions, mainly holdovers from my parents. I prefer to feel emotions over being dissociated. Entirely personal, I think.

In any case, you're not going to change something like that so easily, especially with your level of emotional awareness. It'd be more ethical to find someone else, basically.
Also stupid people are too scared of direct debates, and can be very vague, off topic, or just all over the place.
Um... ._.' I hope this is intentionally ironic...

Reactions: grt$5vb
[MENTION=20]Satya[/MENTION] everyone has the potential to become smart (there are exceptions of course), as smart as anyone else in theory.
This is simply not true. We are born with a potential RANGE of intelligence. It means that given the right environment we can become as smart as X, and the wrong environment would leave us as stupid as Y. But WHERE on the totality of human intelligence that range falls is different for every individual. My X is not your X. My Y is not your Y.

Now to address the question...
All of us are stupid compared to G-d. When I examine the universe, it appears that the main theme is growth, improvement, evolution. That we began as single cell pond scum and have now sent men to the moon is evidence that G-d is interested in our development.

The implied message of the OP was that stupid people are frustrating to intelligent people. Sure. But let me also say that the ones I admire most are not those with the greatest talents or education or raw IQ, but those who began with much less, and struggled against their own disability, and prevailed. My son is autistic, and I was told that he would never talk normally, never read or write. Today you would never guess that he ever had 13 years of speech therapy. That he can now write two paragraphs makes me want to cry. He is 20 and probably by next february he will actually have a high school dimploma, and I'm gonna throw the biggest party EVER. He beat the odds.

Let's put it another way. I haven't saved even one single report card. They are meaningless to me because I never had to work to get the A. I'd procrastinate till the night before the term paper was due, stay up til 3 AM typing it out, send it through the spell check, and turn it in. You know what I sucked at? Catching a baseball. I am the epitomy of subtle lack of coordination. I spent seven years learning Shao Lin and Tai Chi. The yellow belt that everyone else took several months to get? It took me a year and a half -- you can imagine how humiliating that was. But I just kept going. All my belts are carefully enshrined forever. Why? Because I had to work for them. Now, every time I join in a baseball or volleyball game, I may not be the best player, but I can finally catch the damn ball and I'm so f-ing proud of myself.

I guess what I'm saying is that I hate mediocre effort far more than I hate a mediocre IQ. Yes, I can be frustrated by uneducated irrational people. But MORE than that, I'm frustrated by those who say "I'm fine just as I am, I don't need to improve."

Assuming there is a God, why did he or she create stupid people? Was that a mistake? I mean even with free will, some men are clearly dumber than others. Some so dumb that they need others to do their thinking for them and they forgo all the free will that God supposedly gave them to be told how they should live their lives. Others are so dumb they think they can control how other people live their lives either by force, coercion, or shame. The dumbest by far are those who think their personal perspective is the universal truth, that they are infallible because of their personal interpretation of what God allegedly has said.

I like the idea of believing in God, I'm just disappointed in God for making stupid people. It is not God's best work.

I honestly think we're all God trying to understand itself and its creation. In order to truly see something, to truly understand it, you must see it from a very large number of angles.

If there were only smart people, how then would God know what it is to be stupid?

You could ask the same question about 'why did God create' about many things, you know. 'Why did God create fat people? They can't get around, and they're looked down upon by many people because of the way they are. I think it would have been better for God only to have created skinny/fit people." Or poor people, for that matter. Or any other 'undesirable' group.

You can't have one without the other. If there were no stupid people, how could there be smart ones?

So that they can make me laugh, the way they present themselves behind the scene is quite boring in comparison to when when their on stage.

At any rate, we probably will never understand each other.

I think the most insecure stupid people, are the least tolerant to differences, they are so "i'm sure" of the validity of their game moves, that they think everyone *must* play, but the irony is, we're required to play, but only if we do this voluntarily.

So what do stupid people really know about "dogma".
I figured as much, but it was worth a shot.

His best interest and yours would constantly be clashing, the whole point was that they're persuaded to work with you, full consent. to establish the correct rapport, considering their need initially is vital, then confusing their sense of identity would create the right gaps to fill in with the "new order", it becomes easier to assign them to their new position. As i said, the stupid people basically accept the rules set as a norm to maintaining the relationship. which unlike your claim, are far from considerate of their needs. only works if the stupid people believe your authentic, so the rapport building is fundamental.
Anyways, I've not mentioned anything about perfection, but I'm gifted. I'm not miserable, I'm competitive. although other people are easily strayed by their negative emotions and in a weird sense they may actually enjoy them, or maybe they enjoy the variety of emotions. oddly enough those same people will often accuse you of the exact same thing. I'm not sure of their aware of their projections, but they should really find other means to avoid stress.

Hey, you know, I wish you luck with all your grand manipulations. I hope you pay them well, and have a few genuine friends left standing when you learn your lesson.

*subscribes*

Reactions: acd
I can't tell.

Is this thread proving my point?

Yes.

Not really. I like drama. But stupid people don't seem to understand what stop involving me in writing means. You can't be invading my space like that. Do your own life, the life of a squirrel, and with some luck, someone who find schizophrenia interesting you may find some .nuts.. Just DONT.INVOLVE.ME. and vice-versa.

i know where you live.
74 doning.....crt. rd.
Nw10........haha Just jk. seriously though, let be civilized. My request seem fair. right?

I've worked with mentally ill people who make more sense. You seem pretty trollish to me.

[MENTION=4587]jesin[/MENTION], is everything alright?

You can't just go around calling people sluts, you know. :/

Reactions: grt$5vb