Why did God create stupid people? | INFJ Forum

Why did God create stupid people?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
Assuming there is a God, why did he or she create stupid people? Was that a mistake? I mean even with free will, some men are clearly dumber than others. Some so dumb that they need others to do their thinking for them and they forgo all the free will that God supposedly gave them to be told how they should live their lives. Others are so dumb they think they can control how other people live their lives either by force, coercion, or shame. The dumbest by far are those who think their personal perspective is the universal truth, that they are infallible because of their personal interpretation of what God allegedly has said.

I like the idea of believing in God, I'm just disappointed in God for making stupid people. It is not God's best work.

So smart people have more worth.

So people will rely on each other, because we are all stupid in one point or another (pop culture? Thermodynamics? Classical art? Literature? Ancient African Mythologies? Laws?)

So people are forced to -question-, because opposition, bad as it may, are yet another effective way to progress, ugly as it may. If not even the most effective.

So that people are forced to learn; because you won't know intelligence without the danger that resulted from the lack of it.

Reactions: Satya
Assuming there is a God, why did he or she create stupid people? Was that a mistake? I mean even with free will, some men are clearly dumber than others. Some so dumb that they need others to do their thinking for them and they forgo all the free will that God supposedly gave them to be told how they should live their lives. Others are so dumb they think they can control how other people live their lives either by force, coercion, or shame. The dumbest by far are those who think their personal perspective is the universal truth, that they are infallible because of their personal interpretation of what God allegedly has said.

I like the idea of believing in God, I'm just disappointed in God for making stupid people. It is not God's best work.

We all get to choose the way we handle our circumstances, regardless of the cards we have been dealt.

Emotionally, only we are responsible for the way we react to situations in life.

We are imperfect but our experiences still count.

Assuming there is a God, why did he or she create stupid people? Was that a mistake? I like the idea of believing in God, I'm just disappointed in God for making stupid people. It is not God's best work.
trollface.jpg

Reactions: Detective Conan

If you were a supreme being wouldn't you create them just for some cheap entertainment? Must get boring knowing everything all the time since he created it all.

Aren't there many people who are very successful at this? I'd call them cruel, wicked, evil even, but not necessarily dumb unless being intelligent is synonymous with being nice.

There needs to be some dumb people for you to look so smart.

Reactions: Saru Inc
The correct answer to your question Satya, of course, is that God created the stupid people specifically to annoy you. :)

Reactions: barbad0s
One of my favorite Einstien quotes goes something like this...

"Everyone is a genius in their own way. A fish is a genius at swimming, but measure its intellegence by how well it climbs trees and it will seem pretty stupid."

The question isn't whether or not God made stupid people, but why are you unable to see their intellegence? Are you holding everyone accountable to your own measure? Are you judging fish by their ability to climb trees?

There are no stupid people, they are only people with different preferences and interests than yours.

Reactions: Gaze
Since knowledge/intelligence correlates with time invested (much like any activity) is it not the case that for the most part god left this down to individual choice whether to be stupid or not and therefore did not in effect create stupid people?

Reactions: Gaze
One of my favorite Einstien quotes goes something like this...

"Everyone is a genius in their own way. A fish is a genius at swimming, but measure its intellegence by how well it climbs trees and it will seem pretty stupid."

The question isn't whether or not God made stupid people, but why are you unable to see their intellegence? Are you holding everyone accountable to your own measure? Are you judging fish by their ability to climb trees?
Basically this. Also once you start judging other peoples intelligence it is my opinion that you are doing a huge part in lowering your own. Why not take the "stupidity" as a lesson to better your own life?

Reactions: Sloe Djinn

Actually, I think people made stupid people. Smart people tend to breed less (out of necessity and wisdom.) The skews the rolls over time.

Reactions: Detective Conan
Basically this. Also once you start judging other peoples intelligence it is my opinion that you are doing a huge part in lowering your own. Why not take the "stupidity" as a lesson to better your own life?

It is a necessary requirement to understand what people can do in order to execute any plan competently in the part of the planner. Thus I couldn't disagree more.

People are put in our lives to provide a lesson. Sometimes its a lesson in patience, other times they have a more profound effect. I am curious what you mean by "stupid"? Are you talking about the idiot that cut you off on your way to work? Maybe a friend that you no longer care for?
I live in the South. We have quite a few people that are clueless, especially when it comes to driving. I can't tell you how many times I have had to slam on my brakes because someone stopped to look BOTH WAYS on a roundabout.

-Anna

[MENTION=20]Satya[/MENTION] everyone has the potential to become smart (there are exceptions of course), as smart as anyone else in theory. free will comes into play and some say fuck it, and would rather enjoy physical pleasures than go through mental rigor to achieve something that they dont deem important.

Raw intellect isn't that big a deal, either... it's horsepower, pure and simple. A 71HP fortwo can go to 99.9% of the same places as a 500HP ferrari... it just can't do it quite the same time frame. Meanwhile, a 71Hp that is used all the time, is take care of, maintained, etc, will be in far better a condition than a 500HP ferrari whose engine is neglected and allowed to oxidize and rot away. The human mind isn't really any different. Intellect must be exercised, while those who don't have quite as much going on can still get to all the same places as long as they stick with it. Wisdom and good nature are far far far far far far more important.

When I say 'stupid,' I don't mean unintelligent... i mean horribly mis/un-educated and not at all interested in amending their affliction. And the worst of it is that it is a self-exponentiating problem. Breed out of control, produce improper circumstances for raising said offspring who then end up ill-prepared to do any better.

Reactions: z523x4gr98j
I think the effects of sin in the world is the cause of 'stupid people' rather than God creating them stupid. Even though people know what is right/wrong (or the religious tact, what God says to do/what God says not to do), they seem to ultimately go with what they WANT.

"I know this causes pain (in me/others) but I still wind up doing it.. WTF?" - that is definitely what Paul talks at the end of Romans 7. He wrote half the new testament and even he felt stupid sometimes, which comforts me greatly.

Christ got it right for me so I wouldn't have to get it right. Accepted by God because of Christ's performance, not mine. Mind blowing.

Reactions: Gaze and ~jet