Why are men obsessed with their mothers? | INFJ Forum

Why are men obsessed with their mothers?

Aaron Hepi

Regular Poster
Sep 17, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Ok so this is a pattern I have noticed with my male friends. Almost all of them are obsessed with their mothers. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have an explanation? I can not specifically identify why I get this impression; all that I know is the impression is consistent.

Maybe you attract guys like that. This isn't even something I noticed in anyone I know.

That's possible. It's also possible that I project this persona onto everyone. However, I'm already aware of these possibilities. :)

They aren't, generally.

Reactions: knight in battle
Ok so this is a pattern I have noticed with my male friends. Almost all of them are obsessed with their mothers. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have an explanation? I can not specifically identify why I get this impression; all that I know is the impression is consistent.

This may seem like an irrelevant question, but anyhow: Are you homosexual?

Is obsess a code word for love? Maybe you are unfamiliar with how love works.

Reactions: hush

Hello there.

What are the behaviors you've observed that have led you to this conclusion?

In what way do almost all of your male friends seem obsessed with their mothers?

What is obsession to you?

Reactions: the
Even bad men love their mamas.

Define what you mean by obsessed.

Even bad men love their mamas.

images

Of course it's relevant. The relationship a man has with his mother is usually noticeable when one is romantically involved with him.

Yes. Please explain!

Is obsess a code word for love? Maybe you are unfamiliar with how love works.

No. Impression is quite distinct from love. I think obsession also includes possessive. Men appear to be very possessive of their mothers; there, thats it... I think?

Of course it's relevant. The relationship a man has with his mother is usually noticeable when one is romantically involved with him.

Excellent. Can you explain?

Hello there.

What are the behaviors you've observed that have led you to this conclusion?

In what way do almost all of your male friends seem obsessed with their mothers?

What is obsession to you?

I think I mean possessive. In combination with a strong need for "Mommy" when things get tough.

[MENTION=14155]Aaron Hepi[/MENTION]

I'm guessing you don't see yourself as sharing this trait? How was your relationship with your parents, if you don't mind my asking?

Well I'm wondering if your relationship with your mother might influence how you view other guys' relationships with their mothers. "Pretty normal" doesn't say much, but hey, I guess it's too early to fork over your family dynamics to complete strangers on the internet. Anyway, that may not have anything to do with it, but it's one of many avenues worth exploring.