Who the heck am I. Seeking desperately for answers | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Who the heck am I. Seeking desperately for answers

Wow. Where do I begin??

FINALLY I am able to put a name to my “condition”!! Even when trying discussing it with my psychiatrist, I couldn’t get answers to satisfy me. I’d say-

“ Doc, I have such an extensive, vivid memory that blows peoples minds! Honestly, anyone that’s not me, seems to have a terrible memory. I feel like I am constant repeating the words “How do you NOT remember that?” Or I hear “How do you remember THAT”? LOL!!

Truly though, it’s daunting, what I can recall.

My uncanny sense of what people are thinking/ feeling, goes beyond the term “people-reader”. I do it without realizing it. It’s like my emotional awareness suddenly hits overdrive & detects their intentions. I would say my intuition-accuracy is at a 90%. This is my strongest NFJS trait by far. I am extremely empathetic and can hone on an interpersonal level as creating relationships has always came so easy. Idk what data is processed in order to allow my snap judgement, all I know is, I rely on it’s performance and reliability!

I am so genuinely interested in people and their behavior; I’ve learned so much from trial and error, and know what to look for in particular personality types. I have been making snap judgments of individuals since I was a toddler, so I know nothing different, earning the nickname “Stacy the Psychic.

However, there are so, very little people that actually know what my brain goes through on a daily basis. I wouldn’t even know where to begin in explaining, and honestly, I believe the far majority of humans are terrible listeners, and I hate to talk about myself, or bring unwanted attention my way. When I do, it’ll likely just be what they WANT want to hear, as I am the ultimate chameleon. Being a people-pleaser (another blessing & curse) is something that I battle with all the time, as I am overly sensitive to others opinions of me.

To say I am a manipulator is an understatement. Let’s just say I can influenced an Atheist to convert to Catholicism & I’ll have someone divulging their deepest & darkest after little acquainting. I spend countless hours online, mostly researching topics that are typically related to human-psychology/behavioralism and technology. LOVE the tech world!!!!

I excel in reading/writing/English & am known for my extensive vocabulary. I crave alone time & never get lonely lhowever, I’ll be the biggest extrovert at the party.

No one really knows the true me.

With this said..I would like some clarity and confirmation regarding the fact that many INFJs are actually ISFJ, ISFP or INFP.

Are there any fool proof or indicators to place me in whichever category?? There are so many, other examples I can relate to saying I am ISFJ, but I have to stop myself bc I will type 5 pages if allowed lol

All of these convos on this website are intriguing, you all are amazing.

Oh one last note...I read a lot of comments regarding the fact that ISFJ individuals feel like oddballs/lost in society. I do not feel that way..

Have you taken the Meyers Briggs Type Indicator test?? Sounds alot like me, INFJ. I'm a psychotherapist... HIGHLY intuitive, compassionate, reserved, etc.

Have you taken the Meyers Briggs Type Indicator test?? Sounds alot like me, INFJ. I'm a psychotherapist... HIGHLY intuitive, compassionate, reserved, etc.

... And, despite not taking any notes during sessions, I can remember details of what my clients have told me. Alot of them will say "How do you remember that??".

Sorry for this one, it is a stupid joke of mine in hindsight.

... And, despite not taking any notes during sessions, I can remember details of what my clients have told me. Alot of them will say "How do you remember that??".
I'm a bit curious, is there a reason you do not take any notes during sessions, if you are ok with answering this off course?
I've already checked online; there seems there are a number of possible reasons, interesting: https://www.psychologytoday.com/int.../why-do-some-therapists-take-notes-in-session

What are you looking for exactly?
If you've done sufficient self analysis, and gotten some outside perspectives then that should be good enough. One problem with infjs tends to be that nothing is ever really good enough though.

Exactly.. I try too hard to show my worth. I admire people that could care less what others think of them

Yeah I got those vibes, too.

Are you asking us to type you, OP?

You've led with a lot of your qualities and strengths, so what about your weaknesses, insecurities and vulnerabilities?
My intent wasn’t too “brag, or gloat” on my strengths and weaknesses...but to answer your question regarding some weaknesses etc. how much time do you have ??? Lol
Way too sensitive
I manipulate to get what I want
I over analyze
Hard to say no
Issues with boundaries
Impatient
intrusive
Others needs are out before mine
HATE talking about myself. Hate Hate Hate it