Which is a better sacrifice - money or power? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Which is a better sacrifice - money or power?

It's how you define sacrifice.
I dunno. From the size of it.....

On one hand there's this little sacrifices, like helping a hungry person, suddenly helping a friend in need, etc, etc.
On the other hand there're also bigger sacrifices, bordering on martyrdom. Like say, when there's a war, this word's used a lot, I think. And again, it would differ depending on which sacrifices we're talking about here. Say, in little sacrifices, money > power for the little implications of 'giving'. But in huge sacrifices, I'd say power > money, because it has an implication of 'will', of 'effort'

Then there's the matter of what Kaze had said too. The effect on ourselves. Hmm.

Which is a better sacrifice - money or power? Why?
I would choose money over power. (Sacrifice power.)

I would choose money because it's the lesser of two evils. People who want power to lord over others are generally not good people. At least with money, you choose what you do with it. Yes, power can be used in a good way, but how common is that? If you look at truly great people, they are people who had very little power in a traditional sense. If I wanted to strive to be someone, I would want to be the furthest thing from the power-hungry.

At least with money you can be a philanthropist and give it away; with power it's not so easy as you might cause anarchy.

Would you rather sacrifice money or power for the interest/benefit of others?

I'd sacrifice either, or both for the sake of others. Though, it depends on my life circumstances. I have money now that I'm not donating to charity, but that's to pay bills and pay off debts I owe other people. I really look at it like this... I make money to sustain myself and maintain income so I can repay my debts. Once that is accomplished, any further accumulation of wealth is pretty much ear-marked for charity or a family.

So really... there's no such thing as owning money or power. Ownership is an illusion that the world runs on. How can you own something if you're going to die 50 years from now and not own it? What does it matter that you possess it in your hand now, it is meaningless. What we can truly own are actions, our actions never perish.

Money and power are tools that allow you to act. Tools that are no different than a hammer. As soon as you start coveting one as a final end of achievement, you'll be neglecting their purpose.

Would you rather sacrifice money or power for your own self interest? Why?

Huh?

money is a means to power, so it'd be the easier sacrifice.

Obviously money, cause you can make back money with power:m177:

Money is power.

Especially in a capitalistic society such as ours.

I'd give up power in a heartbeat. Giving up money would hurt.

Last edited: