• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
@Wyote — Funny anecdote about Todd:

Back when he lived in Paris, my brother had a friend who was doing some work/for with Todd at the time. One afternoon he ran into Todd in the street. "Emmanuel!" my brother's friend said. "You're wearing your sweater inside out!" "Woops, that's true" said Todd :laughing:

I-I've never done that....

YOU DON'T KNOW ME

I find this ranking fascinating, but it must be admitted that one of its weaknesses is that it makes little intuitive sense. Not that common sense is always right, of course.
This is because we're working with very imprecise terms, and that list is built on the assumption that 'sensitivity' = 'emotionality' = 'feelyness'.

The basis for my argument is a neurobiological one, which invokes a sliding scale of 'sensitivity' from extreme introversion (IN) to extreme extroversion (ES).

However:
Wikipedia said:
One study found that introverts have more blood flow in the frontal lobes of their brain and the anterior or frontal thalamus, which are areas dealing with internal processing, such as planning and problem solving. Extraverts have more blood flow in the anterior cingulate gyrus, temporal lobes, and posterior thalamus, which are involved in sensory and emotional experience.[30]

I'm tired (and I just had this sweet desert wine which tasted like raisin juice suspended in high fructose corn syrup - it was disgusting but now I'm a bit drunk).

@Infjente — I think that when it comes to historians and demographers talking about their work, the Si thing can be a bit tricky, because in a sense the methodology supporting their work has to be predicated on reliance on factual data. So you could easily think, "oh, that's Si at work". I think the tell-tale sign is more how they treat this data in their research. An Si-dom will likely take it as their purpose to give as faithful an account of what the data 'tells' them. But this is really not Todd's approach. He's typically interested in coming up with bold, against-the-grain theories based on the data he works with, usually with a predictive dimension that may or may not turn out to be confirmed.

What I can grant you is that this element doesn't really come across very strikingly in the video I shared. Perhaps this other video in English of young Emmanuel will be more convincing. Look at this dashing young man:

Also this conference:

Last edited:
This is because we're working with very imprecise terms, and that list is built on the assumption that 'sensitivity' = 'emotionality' = 'feelyness'.

The basis for my argument is a neurobiological one, which invokes a sliding scale of 'sensitivity' from extreme introversion (IN) to extreme extroversion (ES).

Absolutely agree. It's the vagueness of the terms we're using that's at the root of the confusion/disagreements I think.

Naaaah... you're only Si aux.

You're Fi dom.

Si-Fi-... What are the remaining function slots?

Either way, it looks like I'm super rare :D

I'm drunk *cough* :wink:

Okaaay... shall we say, Si tertiary?

tumblr_ooyvqdkS2t1w4o831o1_540.gif

So when my brother does that I literally put the phone down walk away for about 30 seconds to minute and interrupt with a new subject on my return. Terrible advice but that sounds awful.

So when my brother does that I literally put the phone down walk away for about 30 seconds to minute and interrupt with a new subject on my return. Terrible advice but that sounds awful.
:grimacing:

I can't do that, brother, she's expecting answers.

Did I or did I not do my laundry? Did I or did I not buy more steaks? It's important.

But it's Fe-Si, powered by concern and care :unhappy:

I-I've never done that....

YOU DON'T KNOW ME

I know! Where was Ren's brother's friend when I needed him? Where? :tearsofjoy:

@Ren, I genuinely think Sensing Feelers who have Feeling at or near the top of their stacks are more easily hurt, find it easier to be happy, and are generally more emotionally impacted by events, people, and their environments than Intuitives, excluding the INFP.

Those with Feeling (either Introverted or Extroverted) at the tops of their stacks are the truest Feelers. They excel at it. Otherwise, it would be like making a list of the types that use 'Intuition' most and least and placing INXXs in the middle or bottom and some Sensors before them.

From personal experience as an INFJ with Feeling second in my stack, I can tell you I have been called "cold" many times. Even when my Fe is shining and generous I pale in comparison to other types with either Fe or Fi first in their stacks. They absolutely shine at it.

Last edited:
I'm tired (and I just had this sweet dessert wine which tasted like raisin juice suspended in high fructose corn syrup - it was disgusting but now I'm a bit drunk).

Gross! Raisin wine? Gross!

Also, we need a thread where Hos drunkenly types us.