Which do you prefer: doing or being? | INFJ Forum

Which do you prefer: doing or being?

If you had to choose, which would you prefer?

• Doing

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Being

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Which do you prefer: doing or being? Why?

Last edited:
I'd rather exist compared to being an action, which in my dictionary, it is only temporary.

Being.

Why? For the same reasons I am Type 9 on the Enneagram.

cheers,
Ian

I prefer doing. Assuming that what I do is worthwhile. I believe that being is not enough for me personally. I am here for a reason and while I may not know what that reason is, I will be damned if I am not prepared.

Hard to answer without context.

Last edited:
Actions speak louder than words...

Doing

Reactions: NeverAmI
I prefer having done and, as a result, getting to just be.

But if forced to choose, I'll go with doing. My answer could be different tomorrow.

Although I think, for myself, both doing and being are important, I see myself as being more than doing.

I thought I was always being, even when I am doing. There is no choice for both.

God raised me to live not to exist

doing

Doing..
For reasons difficult to explain. I prefer to be active rather than passive.

All this is clearly relative. Some see doing as a way of being. Some see being as a way of doing. Some see both as mutually inclusive. It all depends on how you look at it, or look at yourself as a person. Do you do because you are? or do you do because you want to be? It can also be both, as some of you said.

Do because I want to be and because I am...
Maybe it starts off as am, and then I do... and become more and move more..

While I am being I am feeling and making plans for doing to become what I am feeling. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: INFJesus
I do because I am not what I can be.

Doing. I have to keep moving and changing things around me. I'm not content simply being.

I'd rather be changing the world, than being the change I'd like to see.