[INFJ] - Where are you guys? (and ladies as well) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Where are you guys? (and ladies as well)

Most people would never guess I'm an INFJ if they knew about MBTI. I'm not an isolated individual, I choose to socialize with others and I do it often. I'm not going to bitch about being lonely, and not do something about it.
Very interesting. I used to socialize with people more often... almost to the point of obsessing and clinging. Soon, the reverse happened to me—I stopped working so hard to make people like me. After I had time to work things through alone and with trusted persons, that was when I became social again—but from a greater awareness of self and not erratically.

Reactions: Sriracha
I stay home probably too much. I'm a major homebody. I enjoy walking/sitting by the lake, grocery shopping (leisurely grocery shopping--I hate being rushed), quiet places as I detest noise which means bookstores/libraries. Just today I chose to eat my lunch in a hallway that I knew hardly anyone would pass me in. I saw a chair and dragged it down the hallway until I was away from everyone. No table, just the chair and my food. I was quite happy about that, although I realise it must have looked strange to the few people who did pass by me. I just needed to get away from people and be alone very badly. I don't go out a hell of a lot, and when I do I'm terribly anti-social. This probably doesn't help you very much.

This "hang out" thing you speak of... what is that?

spend a lot of time at home, reading, listening to music, playing guitar. when i'm out like to go to beach, river, music store... but mostly love being at home, no distraction from the outside world, can be myself, and nobody on my back about it. :)

Reactions: endersgone
umm bunch of places! at my home reading, listening to music or playing videogames. At the mountain hiking, in the park, in the street hanging out and drinking, at a Heavy Metal gig, ect.

Mainly at home, uni, organic cafes and restaurants, ocassionally at concerts, festivals, lectures and theatre shows. I do try and visit friends when possible and go to an occasional party or bar to remember what people are like.

I'm an E wannabe and one of my best friends is as well so we have "parties" but for us "party" means we have anywhere from 6-40 people over and we sit around the fire, playing instruments. I like the thrill of people, but there's always a crash after an adrenaline rush.
Also, you may not see many of us because we are the definition of method actors. When I am in a public location where I am going to be observed by passerby, I wear heals that make my posture better, consciously hold my shoulders back and my head high, and walk with determination. I am logical. I am rational. I am bold. I am untouchable. I am strong. I am autonomous. Don't doubt it. (except that you should because that's all a guise) in other words, some of us, like me are perfect shape-shifters. You only see what we want you to see.
It's funny when I think about how I was when I was younger though. Whenever another adult came into our elementary classrooms, I was the most attentive, philosophical, and intelligent child you ever did see. I would tilt my head in a constant expression of mentally challenging what I heard and I would purposefully make my contemplation furrow my eyebrows. I WANTED to be seen. As life would have it, nobody ever saw. Or if they did, they didn't mention it. I still always test people who call themselves "observant" with this overemphasis... It's funny how many people never process it though. They just don't know what to do with the way with think.
Besides, why would we need to be seen? We have music, we have words, and we have imaginations! (and some of us never grew out of holding conversations with inanimate objects). Oh who am I kidding, I still need people.

Reactions: endersgone
:D

This is a fun thread. Especially the "One does not simply find introverts, you must bait and catch them, like kittens."

Baiting introverts is super fun. I remember how I baited one who was super awesome, by just being there and being interesting, and approaching her, and when she ignored me, I didn't mind, I didn't push it, I just stayed around, showed her I was actually a pretty interesting person. It was totally worth it, she became my best friend for quite long. ^^

I throw alot of parties. Except at my parties there's no alcohol and people just hang out, talk, sit, eat food together, and hang out past midnight. I still get overwhelmed and need to have a quiet day the next day though. If people stay over I want them thrown out as soon as possible. x.x and I go to alot of social events and meetings with my party, some lasting for a whole weekend, those times I go off by myself occasionally, just to shut out everything else, or find 1-2 people there and try to run off with them somewhere.

I'm right over here! *waves hand briefly then dives behind a bush*

I like to be at home. so you wont find us much anywhere, we talk better through writing so it makes sense that we converge online.