Where are the gaps in your knowledge? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Where are the gaps in your knowledge?

I started... but I stopped. Just awful. Those are SUCH educational questions that miss the essence of learning anything important. Asking questions on definitions of words and miscellaneous "fun facts!" from certain topics, but not about the topics themselves.

:m088:

Under the assumption that these types of questions are really representative of your knowledge, I'd like to ascertain your math level by asking the following math questions and recommend your math placement by your ability to answer them:

In what year did Sir Isaac Newton, one of the founders of calculus, die?
1727. If you got this right, you'll be placed in Vector Analysis, Linear Algebra, or an equivalent post-calculus class. If not, please move on to the next question.

What historical figure was known as the "Father of Trigonometry"?
Hipparchus of Greece. If you got this right, you'll be placed in Pre-Calculus. If not, please move on to the next question.

The Bakhshali Manuscript, found in India and describing how to solve quadratic equations, was discovered in what century?
The 19th Century. If you got this right, you'll be placed in Geometry. If not, you will be placed in Pre-Algebra due to your insufficient knowledge of math.

I started... but I stopped. Just awful. Those are SUCH educational questions that miss the essence of learning anything important. Asking questions on definitions of words and miscellaneous "fun facts!" from certain topics, but not about the topics themselves.

Under the assumption that these types of questions are really representative of your knowledge, I'd like to ascertain your math level by asking the following math questions and recommend your math placement by your ability to answer them:

1727. If you got this right, you'll be placed in Vector Analysis, Linear Algebra, or an equivalent post-calculus class. If not, please move on to the next question.

Hipparchus of Greece. If you got this right, you'll be placed in Pre-Calculus. If not, please move on to the next question.

The Bakhshali Manuscript, found in India and describing how to solve quadratic equations, was discovered in what century?
The 19th Century. If you got this right, you'll be placed in Geometry. If not, you will be placed in Pre-Algebra due to your insufficient knowledge of math.

Totally agree.

Why did I know the answers to all these?

:m083:

...Oh right...I was in Scholastic Bowl in middle/high school...

Reactions: Blind Bandit
That was pretty fun but very limited. I lacked knowledge in Art's & Culture but that is truly not fair. Those were some very difficult questions to be answered.

That was pretty fun but very limited. I lacked knowledge in Art's & Culture but that is truly not fair. Those were some very difficult questions to be answered.
Yeah, I only knew them because of my background in literature, but it wasn't a very good assessment of arts and culture knowledge.

My result:
Religion & Theology

The whole test is an advert. Those recommended books(booklets)? They cost money. I bet they are shitty though. You can get more of that info online.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
History
Politics
Economics