What's your opinion on job assessment personality tests? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What's your opinion on job assessment personality tests?

I had a personality and wonderlic test given to me at my job and it bothered the hell out of me. Mine was given after I started working there and we weren't told that our personalities and intelligence were being measured (at first). They decided they wanted to try and implement these new tests into the hiring process for all managers, directors and execs so they figured they would also test the ones currently working for them. So not all employees or new hires are required to take it, but it's still wrong if you ask me.

After it was done, I was given a print out of my personality description (which was accurate) and told that I did exceptionally well on my wonderlic (31)...they seemed pleased but I still didnt feel any better about it. What if my personality results were not what they were looking for? And what were they looking for? And what if I did poorly on the wonderlic? Would they have fired me? It's stressful enough finding a job and then having to take these tests...it's b.s., in my opinion. And I'm really good at my job so I felt that I should have been exempt from these damn tests. (<--Why I'm really mad! Those bastards.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok

Where does it come from though?

Do line managers just individually just decide 'hey you know what...i think i'm going to give prospective employees a personality type test'. Or does it come from somewhere else?

I think it's a result of an evolutionary process. Employers want to make sure an employee is right. It starts with an informal interview, goes on to include aptitude tests, then personality tests. These get more and more complicated as time goes on. It's almost expected for a company to use these methods.

I don't know much about appropriate hiring guidelines, but I think choosing which method to use is a combined decision between management and HR. It easier to use what's already available than come up with a system which is suitable for your organization.

I think it's a result of an evolutionary process. Employers want to make sure an employee is right. It starts with an informal interview, goes on to include aptitude tests, then personality tests. These get more and more complicated as time goes on. It's almost expected for a company to use these methods.

I don't know much about appropriate hiring guidelines, but I think choosing which method to use is a combined decision between management and HR. It easier to use what's already available than come up with a system which is suitable for your organization.

They learn these methods at business school and on various courses

The universities are set up and funded by powerful people. An example of this would be the Rockefeller University (the clue is in the name as to who's behind that one!) and the London School of Economics (the LSE) which was founded by the Fabian society

The point being that the methods, the philosophys and the culture is pushed down on people from the top

I had a personality and wonderlic test given to me at my job and it bothered the hell out of me. Mine was given after I started working there and we weren't told that our personalities and intelligence were being measured (at first). They decided they wanted to try and implement these new tests into the hiring process for all managers, directors and execs so they figured they would also test the ones currently working for them. So not all employees or new hires are required to take it, but it's still wrong if you ask me.

After it was done, I was given a print out of my personality description (which was accurate) and told that I did exceptionally well on my wonderlic (31)...they seemed pleased but I still didnt feel any better about it. What if my personality results were not what they were looking for? And what were they looking for? And what if I did poorly on the wonderlic? Would they have fired me? It's stressful enough finding a job and then having to take these tests...it's b.s., in my opinion. And I'm really good at my job so I felt that I should have been exempt from these damn tests. (<--Why I'm really mad! Those bastards.)

They do it in schools as well without telling people exactly what it is about

Stop hatin on me, Muir. ;)

Hey like i said i have some jewish anscestry so i'm in the tribe...on the fringes but still in it!

I have a mix of 'races' in me and i'm proud of all of it including my jewish!

That won't stop me pointing out certain realities (as i see it) in our world though

I pay ESxx types to take them for me :)

Not really but I don't answer them any where close to how I actually feel. I think it gets me a lot of interviews.

Reactions: muir