What's the Most Romantic Thing Anyone Has Ever Said to You? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

What's the Most Romantic Thing Anyone Has Ever Said to You?

I'm unsure about anyone else, but whenever people say things
to me that would be considered "romantic", I just assume that
they're full of shit and lying. It makes me feel as though I am
naive and being taken advantage of (well hello paranoia).

I'd probably feel the same.

Okay, what I was saying is I don't take words as romantic.
Anyone can say anything, I prefer romantic gestures. Even
washing the dishes for me so I don't have to do it after I've
done them every day for months. I am more physical than
verbal. Words are pretty but deceitful.

Agree. I'm not much for words - they feel empty.

What I mean is that you can notice it by subtleties; if someone seems to spending more time with you than usual, when the person seems more happy to see you than usual etc

It's funny because even this makes me feel a bit nauseous . . . i mean . nervous. :D

I find funny things to be much more romantic than anything else. Does anyone think this way as well? The whole lovey-dovey stuff just doesn't work for me.

Reactions: Bird and invisible
I find funny things to be much more romantic than anything else. Does anyone think this way as well? The whole lovey-dovey stuff just doesn't work for me.

Actually, laughter is a great turn on. Someone who makes me laugh is somehow much more comfortable than saying anything romantic.

i agree with these statements on laughter. i feel irresistibly magnetised to anyone who is capable of making a deep appeal to my sense of humour.

I'd probably feel the same.

Agree. I'm not much for words - they feel empty.

It's funny because even this makes me feel a bit nauseous . . . i mean . nervous. :D

I think it all depends on who is saying it, when, how, and why. When you hear certain words from someone you know who deeply loves you, it just doesn't sound awkward. And when they say them, they light something in your heart, your spirit, that makes you melt. Those words are all about their intonation, the softness of voice, the feeling that you hear. Words that only that person can say about you, and only about you, also penetrate really deeply. I think for INFJs it's pretty easy to sense who is just saying it to "loosen you" and who is really romancing you because they cannot stop their flow of love from overflowing out of themselves.

"Romantic" words that men "just say" make me laugh. Literally, I get this embarrassing smirk on my face---and I almost want to laugh. No guy can have my heart if he just admires and says pretty things about my outside. The right guy knows what to say about who I am...that's true romancing, and it works like magic. If only the knuckleheads knew. But they wouldn't be able to see it anyway, only people who are worth it. ^^

Me: "I haven't taken my medication. I'm seeing things."
G: "What do you see?"
Me: "Everything is moving. I'm in an aquarium. There are fish."
G: "Hold my hand. I'll get you to dry land."

I think this as well. I actually get kind of.. uncomfortable with all the flowery poetic stuff... It's too much.
Probably because deep down, I'm not one to take myself very seriously. If I'm being a little shrew my boyfriend is very good at diffusing it until we're laughing. I was complaining about something and sitting on the couch pouting and he came over and scooped me up and carried me around in this awkard position that made it look like I was driving an imaginary car. (If you can imagine that.) And then proceeded to make gruff angry ridiculous commentary about my 'road rage." Other people probably wouldn't think it's funny, but it's so absurd I think it is... and then of course I couldn't be irritated then.

Reactions: Gaze
I think this as well. I actually get kind of.. uncomfortable with all the flowery poetic stuff... It's too much.
Probably because deep down, I'm not one to take myself very seriously. If I'm being a little shrew my boyfriend is very good at diffusing it until we're laughing. I was complaining about something and sitting on the couch pouting and he came over and scooped me up and carried me around in this awkard position that made it look like I was driving an imaginary car. (If you can imagine that.) And then proceeded to make gruff angry ridiculous commentary about my 'road rage." Other people probably wouldn't think it's funny, but it's so absurd I think it is... and then of course I couldn't be irritated then.
This sounds hilarious to see.

And yeah I think it also has something to do with me not taking myself too seriously. The humor just seems more...natural?

Potential romantic interest in the horizon, and here's his attempt at flirting:

Me: "I've seriously considered tutoring in later years. I love teaching."
Guy: "No Way. You shouldn't tutor D."
Me: "What? Why not?" *is all offended*
Guy: "You're too beautiful. The guys will be distracted!"....*goes awkward and quiet*

It made me :D

Reactions: Bird and NeverAmI
For those people on the forum who seem to have a bitter view on romance... WHY? Because honestly, what romance truly is, is someone trying to make another feel special.. Is there seriously anything wrong with that? If they aren't trying to make someone else feel special, than is it really romance? Just thought that I'd put that out there.. Romance is adorable.. I miss it when it isn't around..

When I am bored and can't figure out what to do with my time I realize it's because you are missing and then I miss you.

For those people on the forum who seem to have a bitter view on romance... WHY? Because honestly, what romance truly is, is someone trying to make another feel special.. Is there seriously anything wrong with that? If they aren't trying to make someone else feel special, than is it really romance? Just thought that I'd put that out there.. Romance is adorable.. I miss it when it isn't around..

ENFP much?

Me: "I haven't taken my medication. I'm seeing things."
G: "What do you see?"
Me: "Everything is moving. I'm in an aquarium. There are fish."
G: "Hold my hand. I'll get you to dry land."

i don't get it

Sure. It means I take what you say very seriously.

Are you panicing over the possibility of never having to look for love ever again?

....sigh...

"I will treat your imaginary turkey right."