Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters

mochi

Permanent Fixture
Mar 20, 2011
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram

How long will I live afterward? Will I be so poor that I cannot meet my basic needs, or not?

In terms of food, shelter, basic necessities, yes.

Also: Please state reasons why.

I would have chosen the prison even if there weren't any riches. I think it would be a fascinating experience, albeit a little dangerous yet stigmatized. It would take me out of my comfort zone.

At the same time, I would love the experience of living in poverty. Likewise, it would put me in a new "box."

But happiness is guaranteed in either case. For me, this invalidates the question. I would always feel satisfied if I knew there were better times down the line.

I'm pretty happy as-is.

I chose prison because it would be an experience that would probably change how I look at people and the world. I'm not sure I would even come out the same person. I'd probably be so radically different ... if I survived. So, after all that, I'd probably want happiness, if not riches, afterwards.

Reactions: uuu
I would have chosen the prison even if there weren't any riches. I think it would be a fascinating experience, albeit a little dangerous yet stigmatized. It would take me out of my comfort zone. ...But happiness is guaranteed in either case. For me, this invalidates the question. I would always feel satisfied if I knew there were better times down the line.
Essentially, this.

A lifetime of poverty. I can't explain why, but I think I'd learn more and value more in the longrun.

LOLOLOL. Ok, FIRST OF ALL, it depends WHICH PRISON. I live in Canada, and if you're doing 5 years for a non-violent crime, it's probably a pretty low security aka easy prison. On that basis, I'd choose prison for sure. How many years do you spend busting your ass doing a job that you hate, that's very unlikely to even make you rich?? If you consider prison as a 5 year, very involved job, then it's a hell of a payoff.

I like [MENTION=1798]Out To Lunch[/MENTION]'s logic on this one. In Canada we've got it easy peasy. However I did not choose the jail option. I opted for no jail and poverty because I would want happiness NOW.

Lol. I've been poor - very poor. So I choose prison. :D At least then I could eat and have internet access for free! I just have to watch out for Twanda with the lead pipe in the showers and my weird roommate.

But hey, that was a lot like college so win/win.

Will prison ppl raep me? If not, then I choose prison because then I'll be rich after without having to work!.... UNLESS it's during the prime years of my life.. like under 26. Hm. If my loved ones could visit me I'd be cool with it.

Reactions: Lerxst
I like @Out To Lunch 's logic on this one. In Canada we've got it easy peasy. However I did not choose the jail option. I opted for no jail and poverty because I would want happiness NOW.
LOLOLOL. OK.. so Option A is logical, and I understand it. On the other hand... with Option B, I get immediate gratification....... OPTION B OPTION B OPTION B feelings! ARGGHHGH

Reactions: 894tt3h9
Will prison ppl raep me? If not, then I choose prison because then I'll be rich after without having to work!.... UNLESS it's during the prime years of my life.. like under 26. Hm. If my loved ones could visit me I'd be cool with it.
Why don't you spend the prime years of your life getting a master's degree. Spend 6 years on it, then still have to show up to work every day until you retire. And still not be "rich".

Depends what kind of prison..

Perhaps I should I have rephrased this. I was thinking along the lines of a maximum security prison, where your life is hell.

Heh in that case I'd definitely choose poverty and happiness. 5 years straight of hell is hard to stand. Hell is meant to be broken up into bite sized pieces.

Prison. I'd get 3 hot meals a day, a place to sleep and be able to continue my education. Plus, I may actually beef up a bit :)

I would rather have the opportunity to improve my life over the five years then be stuck somewhere for that time frame. Five years is a long time and everything can change. Five years ago if you told me that i would spend two years in grade twelve, drop out of college after one year, and be able to barely get by over the two years afterward I would laugh in your face.

Reactions: Sloe Djinn