What was your first reaction to finding out you were an INFJ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What was your first reaction to finding out you were an INFJ?

My reaction was probably... well, it's hard to explain. Relief that I wasn't the only one in the world. An answer to why I've always been the odd one.

My thought was "what the heezy..." I was thoroughly intrigued about this personality type though. Infj explained me so well and it was neat hearing that it was a rare type. I became obsessed with learning more! :) so here I am

My first reaction was one of relief because all of the stuff that was "wrong with me" was put into context, and suddenly made sense.

It was all so instinctual to me. To profile those I liked/disliked and categorize their traits. I found authors whom spoke about such observations and noted that they were all INTP. I took the test and got INTP then I took it several more times using data about others I had observed. INFJ was a real oddball one that I couldn't quite place. So I read up on the description instantly assuming it was bullshit and that INFJ either did not exist or were the devil. So then I started lurking on some obscure MBTI forums and I was all like "So these INFJ people what impact do they have and like what if they did not exist? Hypothetically what if you woke up one day and they were not there?" and then someone started complaining that I wanted to murder all the INFJ and I got a bunch of hate mail and was banned. And after that fall from grace I find myself here surrounded by all of you INFJ devils so this must be hell. LoL

Explains a lot. Explains why I have felt alone all my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is alone! *throws confetti in the air*

"Whatever."

And this was just a couple of months ago. And then I started reading about it and read and read. Now I understand my self a whole lot better but also, I feel like I could've done without this.

In the beginning I didn't think much of it, and now I kind of obsess over it. It's given me more confidence in myself to know that there are others like me, and it makes me feel better about choices I've made, good or bad.

Have you seen my wig around?!

Reactions: Stu
I actually tested for the first time 2 years ago and I got intj every time. A lot of the stuff fit, but I knew something was off. Interests, how we think about things and people. They were always slightly different. So fast forward to a couple months ago and the first time in a while I've been at peace, and I start getting infj. "hah, no way I'm a feeler." Sure enough, I am. I accepted it pretty quick. My favorite part is that I can finally relate to other weirdos.

I was kind of shocked that I was an introvert. I always played the peacemaker in my family growing up, so I learned how to be social, and learned social skills. I talked with each of family members more than the others did. I also really enjoy some people's company and can be around them for long periods of time. I've really never been a shy person really.

Then, I realized that having all that contact really wore me out and much of it I was doing because I felt obligated to back then. I was a major people-pleaser several years back.

I didn't put any credence into the whole rare unicorn thing about INFJs. Those %x of the population statistics are not really statistically sound. Love you Kiersey, but those stats are pretty much bull.

I felt like a sap about my altruistic tendencies and how strongly I feel things.

I identified with the profile of the INFJ very much, way more than the other descriptions I read.

When I read up on what an INFJ actually is, it was like reading my biography. It explained so much about my past, and why I react to things the way I do, and why I have a hard time getting other people to understand. I have always felt very alone, even during times of my life when I had a lot of friends. When all I would want is to have a nice, deep, one on one with someone who listens to me and understands me as much I do for them. I don't know about the rest of you, but it often feels like I have this emptiness inside that has not been filled.

"Wait a second, my type is rather rare? This would explain why nearly nobody understands me... This also explains why I can so easily understand others. Well, this sucks. But it's most definitely me. How does it figure all this out? Oh well. I need a soda."

"Well, that explains it"

Uh oh !
really?
WOW!!
So this is why..

( for a long long time )

+ like everything [MENTION=13971]Lina[/MENTION] said

Reactions: Siimplicity
My response, "you gotta be bleep bleep bleep kidding me!"
I consistently tested infj up through my early 20s. But now I'm always mistyping as either infp, infj, and on rare occasions isfj. So, I don't put much credence in the whole MBTI thing. I like it to help me understand where others are coming from. But otherwise, people are people. Infjs are probably often mistyped so I agree that the whole rare-ness is to be taken with a grain of salt. I guess when learning about all the different types, the one thing that rings true with most introverts is that feeling of being weird, not belonging, etc. It's because we're introverts though, not because of being infj specifically. IN/STJs feel it, IN/SFPs, IN/STPs too. The important thing to remember is that just because you're an infj, that doesn't mean only other infjs can relate to you.

"So THAT'S why I didn't fit in on the INTJ forum" (when I thought I was an INTJ)