What Things Really, Deeply Matter To You? Do Your Deep Core Values Change With Time? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Things Really, Deeply Matter To You? Do Your Deep Core Values Change With Time?

I'll speak to her with my eyes, and you can say your goodbyes. Arrrr.

I'm always so serious, I have become terrible with the light side. Forgive me.

Last edited:
Sorry for the old song.

Last edited:
@infj1357 Please expound. You understood what I meant, which I read with great joy.

@Milktoast Bandit I do not see complete surrender as "so be it". We can water and nurture a plant, while leaving the other to "so be it". If it dies: so be it? Shall I not pull the dead plant up and cast it away? Would I plant another and not nurture it?
Consider yourself as a plant, withering from the sun and lack of being properly taken care of. Are there not expectations with surrender? "Thou preparest me a table in the presence of my enemies." What if turning to another path has all to do with surrender?

Jonah 4 is interesting.
1But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. 2And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil. 3Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live. 4Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry?

5So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city. 6And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd. 7But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered. 8And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.

9And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death. 10Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: 11And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?"

Jonah ran from God's wishes, and would not turn to the city of Ninevah. Turning to the city, going there, and saying what he was told to say? Complete surrender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I do not mean 'so be it,' as in laziness or neglect. I am referring to the results. I surrender my will and am pulled left, for what result? So be it. We can water the plant and pull the weeds and nurture the plant with all our heart and still it may die. So be it. In reference to the ship in the storm, The surrender I speak of is of the self. The storm is strong and getting worse. The captain died. We are alone. The ship is dragging anchor towards rocks. In such a dire situation our fears would kick in and we'd panic as we resist the storm. Perhaps we should surrender our fears. Through which we may be gifted inner calm during the storm. If we surrender our fears and desires to be safe, will we die, will we become injured or survive intact? We do not know. So be it. In regards to loneliness and desire for affection: it is the desire for affection that causes us pain. We want affection but we don't have it so we perceive a lack of affection. If we surrender our desires to the greater will we do not know, but we no longer perceive something as lacking because we no longer desire it. Surrender, like Love is not passive. It all requires active participation.

Are there not expectations with surrender?

Help me out with this. What is to be expected in return for surrender?

Reactions: Siimplicity