What makes it hard for you to fall asleep? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes it hard for you to fall asleep?

Stress, anxiety, not exercising during the day (I'll have too much energy if I don't), fascination with something, looking through my telescope earlier in the day because it produces a sense of wonder, deadlines, noise, any kind of artificial lighting, clutter in my room, swirling thoughts, reading because I won't want to put the book down, other people in my room for any reason for any length of time, and hot temperatures.

In order for me to go to sleep, there needs to be complete silence, darkness, one pillow for my head and another that I hold tight. I always sleep at the edge of the bead and the other side is usually still neat.
But when something bothers me I can hardly get any sleep for days...it takes me a while to make decisions.

When I want to fall asleep, I focus on trying to fall asleep and get impatient when I fail to do so. That itself keeps me from falling asleep.

When I'm alone I always think about the fact I'm going to die some day (and everything surrounding that concept) right before I drift off. It makes it a bit harder to sleep sometimes. Often I will sleep with the TV on or a youtube video playing to drown these thoughts.