What kind of dreams do infjs have? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What kind of dreams do infjs have?

J'ai souvent des dreams sur toi Misadventure...

Woops, wrong thread! ;)
tenor.gif

Not sure if dreams would be similar across personality types. I dream occasionally and when I do sometimes I become aware of it and control it. I often have dreams of flying, like peter pan style. I also have dreams of performing telekinesis. I even wake up sometimes swearing I can do it.

One size fits all.

Last night dream:
I was going to a shop for cigarettes, took L&M Loft Press when right I came from shop a girl walked to me and asked "can you give me a pack of cigarettes? " I said "NO" then she asked "would you trade 10cigs in my 10cigs?" I said show me your cigarettes and she showed me her vagina. It was strange and very exciting she was pretty and her vagina was real yum yum, maybe she lowered a price for me. The dream ended I woke up with a Morning Wood usually I don't cause I just masturbate all the passion out it doesn't recover that fast for me. And I wouldn't give 10cigs for just showing it I needed to play with it.

Last night dream:
I was going to a shop for cigarettes, took L&M Loft Press when right I came from shop a girl walked to me and asked "can you give me a pack of cigarettes? " I said "NO" then she asked "would you trade 10cigs in my 10cigs?" I said show me your cigarettes and she showed me her vagina. It was strange and very exciting she was pretty and her vagina was real yum yum, maybe she lowered a price for me. The dream ended I woke up with a Morning Wood usually I don't cause I just masturbate all the passion out it doesn't recover that fast for me. And I wouldn't give 10cigs for just showing it I needed to play with it.

44C35170-24E8-44F1-ACE0-E58A8C5DC5E1.jpeg

Honestly I'm still overwhelmed by the amount of woo woo here. Maybe you could say I have a 'spiritual' or philosophical Outlook and sympathy, but I can't imagine that I would ever subscribe to the kind of irrationality some of you seem to go in for.

However, I do like to hear some of the wilder theories and find that kind of thing generally interesting, as long as there's some plausibility and internal logic to it. So don't think I'm being critical here, I just mention it to point out that it's not something that I identify with as an INFJ. I do, however, suspect that's it's a natural reflex in me (I.e. There's a conflict between what my 'heart' believes and what my 'mind' believes).

Anyway, on the topic of dreams:

I read an essay or two of Jung's in Modern Man in Search of a Soul, and his point about dreams really isn't complicated. They reveal the workings of the unconscious. That's it. There's a gloss over that about universal symbols, but even this is perfectly reasonable; it's not mysterious or magical.

So what dreams do I actually have?

My first love died in a kayaking accident, and I had a dream that felt powerfully real where she was 'alive', but not necessarily 'in the world'. We were together, conversing, &c. That's the most impactful one I've had.

I am sometimes woken by dreams about being crawled upon or seeing giant, spindly spiders or webs. I'm not afraid of spiders.

Mostly, however, I've got to admit that my dreams are about sex or cuddling. At least those that I remember. Yeah I dream about spooning, not the apocalypse. Dull I know.

I've had really serious conscious existential terrors or dreads in the past, however, so maybe there's no reason for dark thoughts to manifest in dreams, as I tend to confront these thoughts in the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I'm still overwhelmed by the amount of woo woo here. Maybe you could say I have a 'spiritual' or philosophical Outlook and sympathy, but I can't imagine that I would ever subscribe to the kind of irrationality some of you seem to go in for.

It's a pushing of the envelope or swining of the pendulum if you like, coupled with infps (among other types) thinking they are infjs and going off on wild imaginative tangents.
Were this an "infj certified exclusive" forum, it would probably be more similar to the notorious intj forum. But better, of course.

INFJs are inclusive types of folks, and in doing so one must give a bit of leeway with personal principles sometimes.
Exploration into discomfort zones provides growth. Challenge yourself with a bit of woo woo, froo froo, joo joo and boo boo.

The other night I dreamt that Steve Perry had just finished performing and told me he was an ESTP. Then we went into a bedroom but no action. He said I’m an ENTP and gotta go. I should have written it down but ID said my recollection was good enough. lol

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
The other night I dreamt that Steve Perry had just finished performing and told me he was an ESTP. Then we went into a bedroom but no action. He said I’m an ENTP and gotta go. I should have written it down but ID said my recollection was good enough. lol

Don't stop... believin.

Not an INFJ but I often remember my dreams and they can be very intense and cinematic, like you're watching a movie play out or are playing a FPS.

An INFP friend of mine has beautiful, intense and cinematic dreams, too. I wish my dreams were like hers.

Last night dream:
what in the fuck......