What kind of dreams do infjs have? | INFJ Forum

What kind of dreams do infjs have?

Mike S

Jul 15, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Not sure if dreams would be similar across personality types. I dream occasionally and when I do sometimes I become aware of it and control it. I often have dreams of flying, like peter pan style. I also have dreams of performing telekinesis. I even wake up sometimes swearing I can do it. I actually ordered some dream herbs and will try taking it this week.

Lmfao that was my reaction too haha.

What are dream herbs?

Does it give you the best dreams of your life??

Will I see Jesus??

We will never know until Mike takes it...

He's gonna sleep forever

giphy.gif

Thanks for the topic.
My dreams have been similar for most of my life and I've had no problem deciphering what they mean. A few years ago I went through months of dreaming about Jungian symbolism. A lot of the symbolism was cliche, which was odd. A lot of the symbolism was unfamiliar to me, which is odd for me, so I studied Jung. (I already knew I was an INFJ, but until this time I didn't accept MBTI.) I also learned to control my dreams during this time, though I don't usually bother. It's still a little bit creepy, TBH, even though those dreams are some of the best I've ever had. I also miss having those dreams.

Last week I started having an unfamiliar type of dream again. When an unfamiliar pattern and dream style emerged I knew my brain was up to something. This time I understand the symbols individually, but not the overall meaning.
It's interesting how the brain gives us information via dreams.

Apocalyptic lucid dreams.

What kind of dream herbs?
Blue Lotus? (probably your best bet unless you just want some magic mushrooms)
Valerian Root works just as well, so does Ashwagandha as it can mimic some action of a MAOI inhibitor.
Also most marijuana.
Wild asparagus?
Mugwort?

Anyhow...I have had a mixture of lucid dreams and out of body experiences since I was a small child.
I can self-induce an OOBE about 30% of the time from meditation alone - though it generally takes several hours to accomplish and it sucks when nothing happens...but practice makes perfect...or dream herbs make perfect maybe? lol
Yes...I have seen all of the phenomena that you have mentioned.
And I happen to believe in telekinesis, ESP, etc. outside of dreamtime, especially precognition....there is quite a good swath of statistics out there with some pretty compelling results.

Depending on what herbs you have ordered online - I would advise you to make sure there are no drug interactions with anything you may be taking.
Most SSRI antidepressants can interact with such things quite often as they have similar chemical routes within the body and can cause serotonin syndrome if you take the wrong two things together...be safe.

Let me know how it goes.

Aside from the usual now and then I have gotten a few that have really stood out including a couple that ended up happening later in real life just with different details such as the tsunami that hit Japan years back. There are some cool ones that would make one wonder, in one dream Detroit had rebuilt in another location complete in every detail where the people ect were all simulated and the whole experience was unreal.

Lmfao that was my reaction too haha.

What are dream herbs?

Does it give you the best dreams of your life??

Will I see Jesus??

We will never know until Mike takes it...

Yes, Jesus!! :lol:
I read about different herbs when trying to analyze my dreams.

Calea zacatechichi is commonly known as dream herb because it tends to produce very vivid or even lucid dreams.

Thanks for the topic.
My dreams have been similar for most of my life and I've had no problem deciphering what they mean. A few years ago I went through months of dreaming about Jungian symbolism. A lot of the symbolism was cliche, which was odd. A lot of the symbolism was unfamiliar to me, which is odd for me, so I studied Jung. (I already knew I was an INFJ, but until this time I didn't accept MBTI.) I also learned to control my dreams during this time, though I don't usually bother. It's still a little bit creepy, TBH, even though those dreams are some of the best I've ever had. I also miss having those dreams.

Last week I started having an unfamiliar type of dream again. When an unfamiliar pattern and dream style emerged I knew my brain was up to something. This time I understand the symbols individually, but not the overall meaning.
It's interesting how the brain gives us information via dreams.

The herb I ordered is Calea zacatechichi.

A while ago I started taking tylenol PM just to fall asleep as my mind is always going. I noticed that whenever I take it I don't dream, or at least I can't recall them. I figured taking the herbs might help bring it back as I do enjoy dreaming at night. In fact, I used to look forward to falling asleep as dreams would come quite regularly for me. I know a lot of dreams are random images but I do think our subconscious tries to tell us things while dreaming. I have had dreams where I seem to get 'stuck' in them as well. By that I mean I can have a dream one night and wake up, use the bathroom and fall right back to sleep and pick up where I left off in the dream. These dreams seem to always be 'scary' or cause 'fear' so I try stay awake when the cycle starts.

Apocalyptic lucid dreams.

What kind of dream herbs?
Blue Lotus? (probably your best bet unless you just want some magic mushrooms)
Valerian Root works just as well, so does Ashwagandha as it can mimic some action of a MAOI inhibitor.
Also most marijuana.
Wild asparagus?
Mugwort?

Anyhow...I have had a mixture of lucid dreams and out of body experiences since I was a small child.
I can self-induce an OOBE about 30% of the time from meditation alone - though it generally takes several hours to accomplish and it sucks when nothing happens...but practice makes perfect...or dream herbs make perfect maybe? lol
Yes...I have seen all of the phenomena that you have mentioned.
And I happen to believe in telekinesis, ESP, etc. outside of dreamtime, especially precognition....there is quite a good swath of statistics out there with some pretty compelling results.

Depending on what herbs you have ordered online - I would advise you to make sure there are no drug interactions with anything you may be taking.
Most SSRI antidepressants can interact with such things quite often as they have similar chemical routes within the body and can cause serotonin syndrome if you take the wrong two things together...be safe.

Let me know how it goes.

Calea zacatechichi is commonly known as dream herb because it tends to produce very vivid or even lucid dreams.

I've had few apocalyptic dreams as well. They were so real that I can recall them easily and they have stuck with me through the years. I'm not on any SSRI or psych meds. I do cannabis oil drops though for ptsd and anxiety.

I only had apocalyptic dream after my mother died, which is easy to figure out. My SO has had apocalyptic or invasion dreams almost every night for decades. This is a direct result of his psycho parents' obsession with nuclear war when he was little.

Something Jung touched on that I find fascinating is the people we don't know in real life who show up in our dreams, especially repeatedly.

Something Jung touched on that I find fascinating is the people we don't know in real life who show up in our dreams, especially repeatedly.

Yea I've had reoccurring people that I don't know irl in dreams, as well as apocalyptic stuff from time to time. Happened a lot more when I was younger but still sometimes happens.

Mainly as a kid (as far as apocalyptic stuff goes) I would have dreams about giant tornados destroying the world. I had a dream once where there were like eight super tornadoes and the world turned to dust and I was just in a desert wasteland with no water or anything. Suddenly a new batch of them sprang up and started attacking me and I woke up.

Intelligent tornadoes lol!

Whoa, sentient tornadoes? Or maybe they were like slime mold? Or maybe they were sharknados?

I didn't stick around to find out :laughing:

The herb I ordered is Calea zacatechichi.

A while ago I started taking tylenol PM just to fall asleep as my mind is always going. I noticed that whenever I take it I don't dream, or at least I can't recall them. I figured taking the herbs might help bring it back as I do enjoy dreaming at night. In fact, I used to look forward to falling asleep as dreams would come quite regularly for me. I know a lot of dreams are random images but I do think our subconscious tries to tell us things while dreaming. I have had dreams where I seem to get 'stuck' in them as well. By that I mean I can have a dream one night and wake up, use the bathroom and fall right back to sleep and pick up where I left off in the dream. These dreams seem to always be 'scary' or cause 'fear' so I try stay awake when the cycle starts.

I’m sure you are still dreaming, the issue most people face is a lack of recall upon waking.
Some medications will diminish your recall even further...especially benzodiazepines like Valium.
There are several ways to improve this...the easiest being a dream journal.
Upon waking you jot down as much as you can remember, people, plot, setting, emotions, feelings, etc....even if it’s just a feeling you are left with and you can think of nothing else.
It starts to tell your brain that this is something you wish to remember and starts to train it to do so...you have to be consistent with it though.
Also upon waking, if possible, you lay there for a while awake but with your eyes still closed and you go over as much of the dream you just had in your head before opening your eyes and coming to full consciousness.
If you wish to induce more lucid dreams it is best to start a routine of questioning during the day where you ask yourself if you are awake or dreaming...do this as much as possible and every time you remember...after some time, the idea is that you will also eventually ask this same question of yourself in a dream (as it has become a daily habit now) and you will hopefully realize that you are dreaming and become lucid.
The best thing to do for dreams that carry on is to take a few more minutes and drink some water...walk around your house...think of a positive memory.
If you are having sleep paralysis...then I can help with that too...but I don’t think that is what you meant.

I've had few apocalyptic dreams as well. They were so real that I can recall them easily and they have stuck with me through the years. I'm not on any SSRI or psych meds. I do cannabis oil drops though for ptsd and anxiety.

I’ve heard of that one, but am not very familiar with it.
Even though you are not on any other meds it may still have side effects that are unwanted...just be careful...read as much about the experiences of others on that particular herb as you can find.
Most of these herbs actually keep you from falling into too deep of brain waves...they act as a stimulant in a way to certain regions while the rest of the brain falls asleep, providing better recall, but usually not directly inducing bizarre dreams (though there are some that will definitely do that 100%).
You should also try binaural beats...I have found the best for me is right around 4hz - 4.5hz...but you may want to start out higher if you aren’t used to meditating into a lucid dream or OOB...try 6.3hz (the general frequency for astral projection and lucid dreaming).
There are also some youtube meditations with “dream alarms” (I will post one at the end for you).
Again the idea is that you will hear the alarm in your dream and it will induce lucidity in your consciousness.
However...you may be having lucid dreams every night and not know it because your recall is not there.
This is the problem most have - it’s not that they aren’t doing it or becoming lucid - it’s that they don’t remember until they start to practice recall exercises.
Cannabis oil is good stuff!
I’m in WA state and we have a nice selection of marijuana products. ;)

Let me know if you want any further help or suggestions or if you just want me to zip it, lol. ;)
I await your dream herb report!
Take care!

Last edited:
@Mike S
Here are those meditations -
The first is at 6.3hz...the second at 4hz...both have dream alarms in them that will sound every so often...I would listen to them to learn the sound.
Give it a try.
These are actually specifically for the “wake back to bed” method....but work just as well for other techniques.
It may be something you are interested in trying...the WBTB method...let me know and I can give you some links and better instructions.
(BTW you must wear earphones to get the benefit of binaural beats as it plays different frequencies in each ear)