What is your one VIRTUE and VICE? | INFJ Forum

What is your one VIRTUE and VICE?

Solongo

Mar 18, 2009
MBTI
INFJ all day
Name ONE virtue/skill that is ingrained in your personality that is one of your stronger traits as an INFJ which attributes most to your survival.

Name ONE vice that will probably hurt YOU in the end and become your undoing.

Mine:

Virtue: Keen sense of my own and other's energy/feelings/emotions/thoughts. I see this as a virtue because it is a gift that I developed since childhood and I know it has a purpose of helping others and myself.

Vice: Uncanny high standard of my own efforts/performance/morals as well as expecting too much high standard from friends, lovers, parents and anyone who is close to me. This can be my undoing as I might not learn to accept and appreciate the faults and uniqueness of others. This definitely takes way my chance at LOVE.

virtue: Mine is much the same as yours, my empathy towards others.

Vice: my self image...

Virtue: The ability to help others - I live to serve. I really love to help others and I feel that it gives me the will to move forward. I do not always help in the right ways, I am always trying to learn better how to improve this. I try to balance bettering myself with making myself available to others. Balance is the hardest part of life.

Vice: The urge to help others - Sometimes my urge to help others results in me burning the candle at both ends. I sometimes take on more than I can handle. However, I have gotten better at handling this.

Virtue: The ability to help others - I live to serve. I really love to help others and I feel that it gives me the will to move forward. I do not always help in the right ways, I am always trying to learn better how to improve this. I try to balance bettering myself with making myself available to others. Balance is the hardest part of life.

Vice: The urge to help others - Sometimes my urge to help others results in me burning the candle at both ends. I sometimes take on more than I can handle. However, I have gotten better at handling this.
You don't feel like you get drained energetically after you help others? I wonder if it is a female INFJ thing. After us girls are always either in or out of pms:m054:

Virtue:

My positive energy/Fe/kindness. (I used to hate this in me)

:mcute:

Vice:

I constantly fight obsessing over things. I do a lot better job of this now though than I did in my younger years. I pray I will not fall into O/C disorder like my dad has in his old age.

:m2:

Virtue: I have a very clear insight that allows me to help nearly everyone.
Vice: I can hurt myself in the process of helping others.

Vitrue: Creativity
Vice: Creativiy

I feel like every virtue can be considered a vice of you look at it in a different way and vice versa.

Virtue: Helping others by continuously improving myself.

Vice: Cookies, maybe? =) Actually I have a bit of a motivation problem... working on it though!

Last edited:
Virtue: Helping others by continuously improving myself.

Vice: Cookies, maybe? =) Actually I have a bit of a motivation problem... working on it though!

LOVE cookies.:m165:

Reactions: Wyote
Virtue: My independence
Vice: My introverteness(to an extreme)

Virtue: (tbh, no clue)

Vice: Very anxious / need to calm down

Last edited:
Virtue: Empathy [which allows to me to connect to people on a level I don't expect, allows to effect some change, and gives me creative impetus when I'm writing stories wheee]

Vice: Fear [and, by extension, lack of courage]

You don't feel like you get drained energetically after you help others? I wonder if it is a female INFJ thing. After us girls are always either in or out of pms:m054:

Yes, I feel drained, but it is like a good workout. I feel like I get better at it.

FYI I get WAY more drained trying to hang out in a crowded environment.

Virtue: Empathy. I feel those around me, and it allows me to understand and help them better.

Vice: Empathy. I feel those around me, and the pain can overwhelm me if I don't protect myself from their feelings.

:nod:

*pulls up a chair by Never for some coffee and a chat. We start with some small talk, and then cut to the chase. And then I make him describe all my virtues in limerick or sonnet form. Shouldn't be too hard. I'm simply fabulous!*

:nod:

*pulls up a chair by Never for some coffee and a chat. We start with some small talk, and then cut to the chase. And then I make him describe all my virtues in limerick or sonnet form. Shouldn't be too hard. I'm simply fabulous!*

So tell me, how strong is this coffee?