What is your Life Purpose | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is your Life Purpose

Life.
To the ones who seem to enjoy it without question, I ask you, how and why? How can one simply live without a care as to why? What purpose does one find in simply existing? Surely there must be a deeper meaning to life then just "this".
Is it to go to school, to get an education, and then finally to find a career you've always wanted? Is it for the money? The material goods? The peace of mind?
Yet, how can one have peace of mind in a meaningless existence? Perhaps there is no meaning, perhaps we create our own meaning for living. But purpose and meaning are two completely different things. We can create our own meaning, but we cannot create our own purpose. Purpose implies that something is or was done for a reason, meaning simply describes it. Meaning is simply the question left behind by purpose.

Nobody truly has a purpose. Human beings aren't any more special than any other life forum out there, and they don't have purposes. The trick is to create one from the nothingness. The purpose I have contrived for myself is to give my existence value. Obviously. How do you do this? For me it is to somehow evolve our species, to help us grow and become something better than we currently are. To have my life give off the greatest affect that will create the most results in benefiting people. for some people that are naturalistic it would be all life forms, but for me it's people. Make the world a better place for us. I think that's the ultimate goal.

Invent something, radiate happiness, be a philanthropist. Just benefit the whole. You might have no purpose, the whole might have not, but you can make one.

To serve God and glorify him. Though, its not something that I'm very good at.
Life's purpose is somewhat different to life's ambitions

You're just like Solomon. No purpose but to serve God and obey his commanments/glorify him. But I think life's ambitions are the same thing as your purpose. After all, should your ambitions be related to what purpose you wish to fulfill on the earth.

You're just like Solomon. No purpose but to serve God and obey his commanments/glorify him. But I think life's ambitions are the same thing as your purpose. After all, should your ambitions be related to what purpose you wish to fulfill on the earth.

Thats true (however I'm nothing like Solomon...) :m187:
My purpose should be the core of my ambitions. However, sometimes my ambitions don't align with my purpose (nor my talents for that matter).
If human purpose is to serve ones self and what is equal to them or below them in status (based on species), then yes, purpose and ambition would be related or near enough the same thing. However, when one chooses to serve a being higher than themselves, then it comes down to what you want vs what they want (or in my case, what God wants). Your ambitions then have to be related to the purpose they give you vs the purpose you give yourself.

That's kind of what I meant.

Reactions: grt$5vb
My purpose in life is to be a good person and resolve any reccuring issues that keep bringing me back to this world.

Reactions: Drawing_Flies
I myself don't quite feel as though I've found my life purpose, but I do abide by several philosophies that I feel have helped direct me along my path so far.
I find trying to be genuine through my actions and words so as to project myself in the manner that I want wish has brought me happiness. It's not always easy and I certainly do & say things that upon hindsight were not my greatest times, but one quote that helped me was "Your waking life is your dream life, and your dream life is your waking life". I agree with what a lot of others here have said, that in order to find your purpose, that you have to look inside and utilize your native talents. Typically I try not to get really spiritual, but I'll share this since its slightly on subject... Lately I've had this feeling that opening up my spiritual side has been my more current/immediate purpose. I wouldn't compare myself to him of course, but I always kinda wondered what problems plagued Siddhartha before he became "enlightened", that food for thought has sparked many a interesting questions for me. Blah, I rambled this all through, sorry :/

To add a bit more wonder and beauty to the world through my fantasy storytelling (art and writing). =)

To become the most loving and wise version of myself that I can.

To brighten as many lives around me as I can.

To leave a legacy of love.

You all should read the book "The Purpose Driven Life". It was definitely an eye-opening book for me, to say the least. :)

Reactions: After the Rain
I think everyone was put on this Earth to be kind to each other. You don't have to go out of your way for everyone you meet or make grand displays of affection, just look out for your fellow human beings. I fail to see how we were put on this Earth to have the mentality "If I'm okay that's all that matters...it's not my problem".

Reactions: Stu