What is your dental hygiene regiment? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is your dental hygiene regiment?

I try to brush twice a day, but if I'm lazy I'll just floss before bed. I use mouth wash after i floss. If everything goes as planned:

floss
mouthwash
brush
mouthwash

I use Colgate Total, the gel kind. I haven't been to the dentist in like four years.

Flossing is important. According to my dentist, it disrupts bacterial colonies. I'm nuts, I floss at least twice a day!

Afraid of dentists!

hydrogen peroxide solution before brushing with Colgate total twice a day..

i'm up to 3x per day brushing, 1x flossing, go to the dentist constantly, zillions of cavaties. I can't spell that. Won't it be nice to have this information stuck on the internet forever?

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to dental care.
I brush my teeth once a day (with non animal tested toothpaste) before I go to bed.
I boil my toothbrush before using to help get rid of any nasties. My teeth are in pretty good shape.

Last edited:
What is your dental hygiene regiment?

I don't have one, given that a regiment is a military unit.

cheers,
Ian :wink:

I floss 3 times a day or more, brush once a week at most and use mouthwash way more than I brush but less than I floss.

I never brushed until I was about 24 and had no cavities. But I did habitually scrape my teeth with my fingernails. When I started brushing I started to get cavities. I think brushing is over rated.

Last edited:
How many times a day do you brush?
Do you floss?
Do you use mouth wash?
Do you use mouth rinse?
What kind of toothpaste do you use?
How often do you go to the dentist?

Seriously? You have a wide range of interests. Okay, then, since you asked:
1. 2x
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. What's the difference b/t mouth wash and mouth rinse?
5. Whatever kind of toothpaste my children haven't sucked dry, usually bubblegum-flavored kid's Crest
6. I mean to go 2x a year. Have an appointment coming up.

There, happy? :D

I went to the dentist today.

I'm going back tomorrow to have a minor cavity taken care of.

An interesting thing I was told: if you eat/drink something acidic you should wait at least 1 hour before brushing because the enamel surface is weakened by the acid and if you brush immediately it is likely to wear it away faster than if you wait for the pH to stabilise.