What is the drunk version of you like? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What is the drunk version of you like?

Lol. How can someone be "too friendly"?
Last Saturday while drunk, I told a female acquaintance of mine that she was perfect, that I highly respect her and her brilliance, and repeatedly stated that I love her. As a result, I had to apologize for my atypical behavior.

d5445302dfb5d36370e60748ac0f956e516a08634e61e23c80956eb26184aecc.jpg

Last Saturday while drunk, I told a female acquaintance of mine that she was perfect, that I highly respect her and her brilliance, and repeatedly stated that I love her. As a result, I had to apologize for my atypical behavior.
OMG :D

The question is: do you mean it or not? Perhaps not, but it could have been an amplification of something that is already there.

But I get what you mean. It must have been horrible for you to be so out of control.

Reactions: Reason
OMG :D

The question is: do you mean it or not? Perhaps not, but it could have been an amplification of something that is already there.

But I get what you mean. It must have been horrible for you to be so out of control.
Mean it? I didn't. Although, she is an intelligent girl who can probably clean up nicely, her companionship would be no personal victory.

As for losing control, there is a limit. I refuse to become verbally incomprehensible.

Mean it? I didn't. Although, she is an intelligent girl who can probably clean up nicely, her companionship would be no personal victory.

As for losing control, there is a limit. I refuse to become verbally incomprehensible.
I was actually referring to emotional control. But it's interesting. What you said when you were drunk struck me as very Fi-ish, and now you make a Te argument. It's funny how the face of each shows under different circumstances...

I was actually referring to emotional control. But it's interesting. What you said when you were drunk struck me as very Fi-ish, and now you make a Te argument. It's funny how the face of each shows under different circumstances...
Are you suggesting that my cognitive functions flip (I become an ISFP) while under alcohol's influence?

Reactions: Reason and Ginny
Are you suggesting that I become an ISFP while under alcohol's influence?
No. Just that Fi, which you consider as a waste of time due to it being your inferior function, becomes more pronounced in an intoxicated (enough) state.

Now this is even more interesting: why did you pick ISFP? It is not exactly far off, being your dual (in socionics), but still an interesting choice. It would be a fascinating development, if we became the (horizontal) mirror of our functions, instead of the shadow (since some of us stated turning into an ENFP), and thus a vertical mirror of our stack.

No. Just that Fi, which you consider as a waste of time due to it being your inferior function, becomes more pronounced in an intoxicated (enough) state.

Now this is even more interesting: why did you pick ISFP? It is not exactly far off, being your dual (in socionics), but still an interesting choice. It would be a fascinating development, if we became the (horizontal) mirror of our functions, instead of the shadow (since some of us stated turning into an ENFP), and thus a vertical mirror of our stack.
Why: I presumed opposite letters, drastically different personality. Regarding MBTI and socionics, I don't know shit about shit.

The vertical mirror of ENTJ... INFP?

Reactions: Reason and Ginny
Why: I presumed opposite letters, drastically different personality.
Interestingly enough, that is not the case. Actually, duals (according to socionics, and every person that ever met their dual) are supposed to be the most compatible life partners.

With vertical mirror I just extended the metaphor. It is just your shadow. You are Te-Ni, so your shadow is Ti-Ne, which is INTP.

Interestingly enough, that is not the case. Actually, duals (according to socionics, and every person that ever met their dual) are supposed to be the most compatible life partners.

With vertical mirror I just extended the metaphor. It is just your shadow. You are Te-Ni, so your shadow is Ti-Ne, which is INTP.
Agenda: find a nerd girl.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Agenda: find a nerd girl.
I should tell you, such a relationship can only be successful if you are both interested in personal growth, i.e. developing your inferior functions. I can't tell if that is the case with you. But you'll be great at comforting each other, with your second and third functions.

Here is something I found on it, if you're interested.

I should tell you, such a relationship can only be successful if you are both interested in personal growth, i.e. developing your inferior functions. I can't tell if that is the case with you. But you'll be great at comforting each other, with your second and third functions.

Here is something I found on it, if you're interested.
Where can I find an ISFP girl?

Where can I find an ISFP girl?
They are usually artists (of any kind - painting, writing, singing, dancing...). Apart from that, no idea. I'd say, learn about the functions and learn to recognise them. That's your best shot.

I gave up alcohol because I was becoming an alcoholic, so it has been years since I was drunk. It may surprise people, but I am a happy drunk. I feel 1000% better about the universe and other people when I am drunk. It used to be something that I was constantly looking forward to, which is why it became a problem.

When young, a fifth of DeWars Scotch with water lasted a night shooting pool with a friend and adding something to go with it. The fifth began running out, so it went to a quart. I found myself shooting excellent pool, but the scotch only made me feel light-headed and extremely scared to drive because I wasn't able to hide my being light-headed. Said a prayer and stopped. Asked myself, where do I go from here? Only thing in sight was liver problems. Now, I have one drink on rare occasion and stop. Worst ever I was a teen and drank too much Spanada. I was more sick than drunk. Don't like feeling out of control.

It depends.

Violent, impulsive, reckless, angry, mercurial, nasty.

Or...

Silly, light hearted, likes to cook food, easy going.

This is why I don't drink much at all anymore. I never know whether Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde is going to show up. It's not worth it.