What is crazy? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is crazy?

Sorry about that. I really to try to not focus on gender in most of my posts. It's just this one was sorta in the moment and I really didn't edit it or review it before posting. My bad, I didn't mean no offense.

Thanks and no worries.

They might not do anything crazy like be a suicide bomber but they also don't question their religion.

Very true, the ones who disregard the human rights of another in the name of religion are crazy. Anways have been, imo. Why? Because disregarding another in this way is counter to the very nature, the very heart, of religion/God.

Questioning is very healthy, too. Often when one does this one can locate/grasp the underpinnings of religious practise and thought. This might call into question our assumptions and illusions, but it can also lead to greater realities that actually strengthen, deepen, and clarify the faith we have. One could also call this searching. It is well worth launching out into the deep I think. In doing so, though, the wise person will at the same time mind their egos because that frequently leads down a blind path.

Very true, the ones who disregard the human rights of another in the name of religion are crazy. Anways have been, imo. Why? Because disregarding another in this way is counter to the very nature, the very heart, of religion/God.

Questioning is very healthy, too. Often when one does this one can locate/grasp the underpinnings of religious practise and thought. This might call into question our assumptions and illusions, but it can also lead to greater realities that actually strengthen, deepen, and clarify the faith we have. One could also call this searching. It is well worth launching out into the deep I think. In doing so, though, the wise person will at the same time mind their egos because that frequently leads down a blind path.

I like what you are saying. People just at times believe that questioning is meaning that you don't believe or that you are saying it is wrong, when in-fact it can be the exact opposite. Like you said by looking at all options you can decide that this religion matches your value system better. For me I cannot follow religion because of the taint of the few corrput people have ruined the overall purpose of it. I enjoy talking with religious people who are willing to discuss and depate if their religion. I acctually went on a date with an LDS girl one time who goes to BYU and it was a very refreshing date because we debated this. She talked about how she questioned a lot of things in her religion and everything in christianity but she still found that she agreed with the general purpose of religion. I cannot disagree with the fact that many of the principals behind religion are genuine and ment to benefit society but people have corrupted those principles.

people have corrupted those principles.
I observe the same thing. By some strange quirk of fate I managed to key into input that formed, over time, many connections with the more authentic sources within the Christian tradition. It put me on a definite path, and if all that hadn't happen I'm sure I'd be in a totally different place. As it is, my encounters with certain religious people still has me scratchin' my noggin so I can understand how it would be so off putting.