What incentives are there to work? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What incentives are there to work?

So you would consider household chores to be a hobby?

Some people do. Not me though, I wouldn't consider it work either though. It's just something you have to do.

It sounds like you define "work" as any activity whatsoever. I certainly don't use the same definition

Some people do. Not me though, I wouldn't consider it work either though. It's just something you have to do.

It sounds like you define "work" as any activity whatsoever. I certainly don't use the same definition

I define work as an obligation or necessity, as opposed to play, which is purely a matter of choice or interest.

I'm lucky enough to study and hopefully have a job that I won't really consider a job (artist). Given the way things are going it should work out for me.

But if I was to get a "normal job" I don't know what would motivate me... I always look for things that I personally enjoy but which aren't "job" things : travelling (I thought about being a photo reporter for example), creating, using my emotions or learning about things that interest me, exchanging with other people...

So I guess what motivates me is personal pleasure!

Ultimately though I think the most important thing for me is to express certain things that I feel are not stated enough, things that don't reach people like I wish they would. I feel the deep need to bring sensitivity, a sense of peace, of calm, of serenity to the world, an awareness of nature and the universe, to bring my little stone to the edifice of my ideal image of humanity which we are far from reaching. It is the goal of my life and so it is also the one of my work.

I define work as an obligation or necessity, as opposed to play, which is purely a matter of choice or interest.

So how can you define any of gophers examples as work? None of the things he mentioned fall into the category of "obligation or necessity" but it sounded like you disagreed with him that they weren't work

I have always thought of work as just helping society as a whole no matter what you do. From being a hotel maid to a ceo of a larger company.

Though I do not really like my job I do like the camaraderie amongst the crews.

So how can you define any of gophers examples as work? None of the things he mentioned fall into the category of "obligation or necessity" but it sounded like you disagreed with him that they weren't work

Some of the things gopher mentioned, I do consider to be obligations.

Many books on the market have been written with the philosophy of how to change work into play by simply tweaking your thought processes. By involving yourself in your work; such as challenging yourself, finding ways to invoke your curiosity, integrating your interests, setting goals for success, etc. one individual can easily make play out of an activity that another individual might consider work. So obviously, I wouldn't expect gopher and I would consider all the same activities to be work.

Some of the things gopher mentioned, I do consider to be obligations.

Many books on the market have been written with the philosophy of how to change work into play by simply tweaking your thought processes. By involving yourself in your work; such as challenging yourself, finding ways to invoke your curiosity, integrating your interests, setting goals for success, etc. one individual can easily make play out of an activity that another individual might consider work. So obviously, I wouldn't expect gopher and I would consider all the same activities to be work.

Ok. I was just trying to get an understanding of what you consider to be work so I could answer your question better.