What impresses you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What impresses you?

Must have been many gallons worth.

3 tbsp

I'll tell you what does NOT impress me, speaking of tables. The $7 000 kitchen table my brother just got, that you can't use a wet cloth on! That's triple S stupid.

3 tbsp

I'll tell you what does NOT impress me, speaking of tables. The $7 000 kitchen table my brother just got, that you can't use a wet cloth on! That's triple S stupid.

What kind of table is it?

Reactions: MrSquared
What kind of table is it?

A very light, but solid wood. It looks Perdy though, so I suppose that's impressive. Who knows, maybe the purchase of that table put food on the sturdy table of a starving artist. So I'm impressed with my brothers good intentions, even though he didn't intend a glad dang thing, aside from vanity. I'll pretend, just so I can sleep..., I hope there's no lead in the paint....o.k., now this is going too far..."Phil, get rid of the table! You're poisoning your children!"

A very light, but solid wood. It looks Perdy though, so I suppose that's impressive. Who knows, maybe the purchase of that table put food on the sturdy table of a starving artist. So I'm impressed with my brothers good intentions, even though he didn't intend a glad dang thing, aside from vanity. I'll pretend, just so I can sleep..., I hope there's no lead in the paint....o.k., now this is going too far..."Phil, get rid of the table! You're poisoning your children!"

What I was getting at moreso was why can't he get the table wet?

It is a mystery, that has yet to unfold. When my mother, post dinner, went to give the table 'o stupid a delicate sweep, with the damp, innocent, dainty, virgin white dish rag, there was a sudden scurried "nonononono! The table can't be washed," from my brother, and his wife. When we questioned them, "eh?", the two of them, suddenly got distracted by lint, and shoelaces, and stuff, and, long story short, the paint on the brand new table is too precious, and I think they feel embarrassed for letting their vanity outweigh practicality.

It is a mystery, that has yet to unfold. When my mother, post dinner, went to give the table 'o stupid a delicate sweep, with the damp, innocent, dainty, virgin white dish rag, there was a sudden scurried "nonononono! The table can't be washed," from my brother, and his wife. When we questioned them, "eh?", the two of them, suddenly got distracted by lint, and shoelaces, and stuff, and, long story short, the paint on the brand new table is too precious, and I think they feel embarrassed for letting their vanity outweigh practicality.

I wonder if it is acrylic paint haha

Someone who can admit their faults.
Someone who can take responsibility for themselves, despite their defensiveness.
Someone who shows genuine emotion towards me.

Children, especially their curiosity and sense of innocent humor.
Animals and their ability to be fiercely loyal and empathetic.

Reactions: MrSquared and Quiet
Kindness. It always fills me with warmth when I find it.

I tend to encounter many assholes.

Originality
Creativity
When I come across hidden gems of music, film, that make me jump for joy
Someone who inspires, basically...to do better yourself
Any person or act, that makes the world a better place. Can be quite simple.
Simple as reaching out to a stranger in need...
Courage. To do just that.

Today as well as many times in the past I was impressed by my husbands natural ability to just be a good guy.

My amount of impressedness is about equal for everything whether or not the things have the qualities I deem as good.

I guess if I could name what really impresses me... it would be life itself -- what I don't know; the future; what I have yet to know..

Ancient technologies and architecture impress me... really large scale constructions from the past: the Pantheon; giant temples... vibrant foreign cultures and the energy held in them impress me. I'm also really impressed by beauty and life when it's captured in photographs or art in a way that resonates with me, but I'm not sure if that's being impressed or just being mesmerized and touched by it lol. The really macro and micro aspects of the natural world impress me as well.

Truth.

Also, saying more with 2 words than others can with 2,000.

When people learn. As in, they screwed up, or acted shitty for quite some time--went through a phase or whatever...and then they were big enough to do some serious thinking about how they were going about being in the world and they LEARNED. That always impresses me.

People who are constant -- the ones who don't let others get in the way of their positive attitude or their dreams or their goals. I never thought up until recently how difficult that is to achieve.

some people know many truths but they only speak them when someone really needs to hear them. never merely for show. this is impressive.

and kindness and warmth.