Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What impresses you?

Reactions: Bellosome and Free
Very large things that can move:

Boeing 747's - somehow the airbus A380 just doesn't look so big because of its proportions.
Cruise ships
Cargo ships - esp. oil tankers close up
Giant earth-movers
Clock tower mechanisms
Rough surf
Falling mature trees
Building implosions

Reactions: Gaze
Many things... The strength and grace of an apex predator in their "element", a man who risks his life for another, a child being born, my cell phone, television, airplanes, rockets, a forest, an ocean, the earth, the stars, the universe... I could go on forever; this "place" continues to impress and fascinate me on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze and Free
Being a preacher has lead to me always looking at other peoples sermon's critically, thinking that was nice but it should have been at the beginning or, well that's going to show up again later, or that was a nice story but what was the point.

It's wonderful when I come across a sermon that blows me away, one that does everything right and still surprises me and teaches me something. A good sermon always impresses me because I know how hard they are create.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Intelligence, articulateness, forethought, insight.

grace, honesty, humility, and respect/understanding

Reactions: Free and mochi
Usually things that have pressure. Like a hot iron would leave an impression, a heavy rock would leave an impression, a telephone pole probably too.

Reactions: 894tt3h9
The most common traits in other humans that tend to impress me: common sense, intuitive intelligence, perceptiveness, quick thinking, compassion, selflessness, self awareness, integrity.

Nature regularly and never fails to impress me, I couldn't possibly list all of the things... anything from immense mountain ranges, waterfalls, old growth trees, watching animals of all kinds work/hunt together, lightning and thunder and other awesome displays of the weather. A great many things.

Last edited:
I am impressed by someone who can master a subject in a short period of time and speak as if they've known it all their lives. I am impressed by people who can speak volumes without saying a word.

I am impressed by someone who can fit a whole apple or burger inside their mouths. I'm amazing they don't choke *wonders*

Last edited:
I am impressed when someone takes one for the team, so to speak.
I am impressed when someone of high intelligence acts like everyone else, to a certain point.
I am impressed when someone spends years trying to understand something important to them.

I am moved when a person can go through a life of troubles and illnesses with dignity, in a manner that leaves a lasting impression on anyone around them.

Reactions: Gaze and mochi
Coach impresses me negatively.

~Warm, Friendly heart
~When a Person Sticks up for Others
~Creative/Artistic Talent and Music
~Generosity
~Excellent/Superb Food :p
~Hard Work and Dedication

Everything. Everything in this life and this universe is a miracle. Our minds, bodies, consiousness, emotions, stars, water, earth, cheesecake, mitochondria. None of it makes any sense, no one really knows how and why it works this way. Its just all riduclously awe inspiring and amazing.

Reactions: Gaze and barbad0s
People that don't have an incessant need to make other people feel like crap to make themselves feel better.

Reactions: Gaze and Free
A good heart. Sometimes you get such a genuine vibe from people that it makes you feel all fuzzy inside (if that word can be used in a non-romantic context).

Firstly, I'm impressed, no, reassured, by people who are impressed by the virtuous qualities, and integrity in others. I was also impressed, today, for example, by the ENTJ that I met, who really had a deeply rooted, slick, logical approach to coaching children in soccer. Listening to him was like hearing a tight drum solo.

Reactions: Gaze and barbad0s
Usually things that have pressure. Like a hot iron would leave an impression, a heavy rock would leave an impression, a telephone pole probably too.

:) That scotch I drank last night left an impression too.