What Does Te Look Like? | INFJ Forum

What Does Te Look Like?

sassafras

Jun 17, 2009
MBTI
When Te is dominant, what does the thinking pattern look like? I always figured it was more task-oriented, but I'm curious how it would look like in practice. Does anyone have examples of Te moments or Te thinking?

My mum is an ESTJ, so Te is her first function. It can be really annoying for ppl around her, specially me as she is under the impression she can order me around.

Te organizes things, with ESTJs they focuse on their immediate surroundings, so they clean and do other things that have to be done. Te also tends to trumple over everything in its way when its dominant.

Te loves to critisize too.

Last edited:
Its more pragmatic then intricate. I see Te as a guy poisoning his neighbors trees that obstruct his view in the middle of the night illegally and stealthily instead of going through the town hall in a costly legal dispute.

All it cost to solve the problem the way he did it was an auger bit and tree poison.

The man in question is my cousin, and he is an ENTJ.

Its more pragmatic then intricate. I see Te as a guy poisoning his neighbors trees that obstruct his view in the middle of the night illegally and stealthily instead of going through the town hall in a costly legal dispute.

All it cost to solve the problem the way he did it was an auger bit and tree poison.

The man in question is my cousin, and he is an ENTJ.

I can see that with ENTJs, not so much with ESTJs though cause they tend to stick to the rules.

Standardized; my father is an ESTJ and for him everything got a fairly measurable standard he could tell people, even when it's related to emotional measures (such as loyalty, or love, or feelings). My friend (who's an ENTJ) was able to disguise her Te to look like Fe to unknowing people, much to my amazement.

Also orderly. As in, most of the time by-textbook-orderly, but NTJs have their own personal "this is what works" orderly, and they STICK with that. Another ENTJ has a standard he used for...almost anything. He filled it to the extent of repeating a year in HS, even when he's...the..well, school representative.

Last edited:
My friend (who's an ENTJ) was able to disguise her Te to look like Fe to unknowing people, much to my amazement.

My former ENTJ friend did that too! At least to some extent! But once you got to know her better the difference was very clear.

sequencing2.gif

and

delegation.gif

My former ENTJ friend did that too! At least to some extent! But once you got to know her better the difference was very clear.
Aww...former ?

Yeah; they can be VERY well-mannered; meh, sometimes even lacking the "A God Am I" Syndrome very common in ENTJs. BUt whether it's only outside view or not, I'm not so sure.

also; @NeverAmI: nice pics. Really...appropriate. XD

Yeah; they can be VERY well-mannered; meh, sometimes even lacking the "A God Am I" Syndrome very common in ENTJs. But whether it's only outside view or not, I'm not so sure.

Maybe it's just me, but I can see through that veneer pretty easily. Dominant Te is pretty easy to see (although I would fail to describe it). Even when they try to mask it as to look like Fe, it never is what Fe is, and it just has this strange quality to it that makes it still Te.

Te actually usually is well mannered when it feels it has to be. That well manneredness though is very different then Fe. Much more mechanical and A+B=C kind of nature. Fe has much more of a rythym nature, an A is to B as B is to C kind of thing.

Reactions: Feelings
Aww...former ?

Yeah; they can be VERY well-mannered; meh, sometimes even lacking the "A God Am I" Syndrome very common in ENTJs. BUt whether it's only outside view or not, I'm not so sure.

also; @NeverAmI: nice pics. Really...appropriate. XD

Yes former because we were both young and her know it all attitude and seeing herself as superior in knowledge to everybody else.. I just couldnt deal with it. I dont know if I could now that Im more mature and know a bit about types.. doubt it though, it was too painful most of the time.

Maybe its their E that makes them appear somewhat "charming"?

Indigo Sensor

Thats interesting how you can spot that!

Te is more like ("hey look what you could get by doing this for me," although usually a bit more dressed up :p)

Fe is more like (what's up, wanna hang out?)

I always thought of exceptional Te being in planning and organization. Bulleted schedules, detailed budgets... realization of detail in an organized, useful way. Applying Te to other people is often about arranging people in things to make sense in a logical way. Often times it is about where people should be and when they should be there.

My wife's family seems to be big on Te, and the first thing they do when they plan a vacation is schedule the whole thing out, and then tussle about bullet points. Yikes!

My wife really feels uncomfortable with change until she has built an extensive, written plan about options and logistics. Once she can see that in front of her she feels more comfortable.

My wife and I are looking at houses now, and she has built up a database of choices, and is analyzing them for optimality. Its great, but I keep telling her that I will need to go to a house and 'feel it out'. If she had enough data, she would probably buy one without even being there.

Last edited:
Te appears like flattery usually. They tell you what you want to hear.

I like to say that Te's think of things outwardly in "binary' terms. It's either right or wrong and they'll weigh multiple rights with multiple wrongs to see which options is the best.

I get Te when I'm under pressure and my dad is Te 24/7/365. Living with that as an Fe was... tough.

Te appears like flattery usually. They tell you what you want to hear.

Are you sure that isn't Fe? I've heard that Te dominant people can be pretty harsh with their wording. They're more aggressive in maximizing results through any means necessary if their Fi isn't well developed.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Are you sure that isn't Fe? I've heard that Te dominant people can be pretty harsh with their wording. They're more aggressive in maximizing results through any means necessary if their Fi isn't well developed.

Yes, Te isnt very flattering at all imo. Its aggressive and doesnt care about others feelings.

Yes, Te isnt very flattering at all imo. Its aggressive and doesnt care about others feelings.

Yup. Te can be cunning, no doubt, but it is very rarely flattering overtly.

Telling someone what they want to here is decidedly an Fe kind of thing.

I assume you like Harry Potter *looks at profile:D*, well if you've watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, watch closely at Dolores Umbridge personality. I think she portrays perfectly how she uses Te to an extent that seems nice, but is not really sincere with how she asks things of students.

Fe will tell you want you want to hear
Te will tell you want you should hear

Reactions: ClevelandINTP

Fe is more like, say nice things to say nice things.

Te is more like, say nice things to get something, if they say nice things at all.