What does everyone get from this? | INFJ Forum

What does everyone get from this?

AKM

Community Member
Feb 5, 2012
MBTI
INTJ/ISFJ?
Enneagram
An old boyfriend (no interest in rekindling, just friends on facebook now) posted this on his wall:
Well I truly hate to say this but it was fun while it lasted, Some things in life I guess you don't have any control over and its the way life goes some times. Maybe I've over thought some things but silence does speak louder than words. Its all good though through it all there is a lesson learned and I know that I shall never change Who I have become an the things i feel. So i shall leave you in silence with a nod of my head an a smile on my face. May all your wishes come true and never change who you've become or are. :) good day all......

What does anyone else get from this? I'll share my gut feeling a little later, but am curious what others responses will be. For now I'll give no background. Thanks for humoring me.

(If this should be in a different section please move it, sorry)

I don't think suicidal, he sounds like he carried a torch for someone but has let it die down to an amber. He had unanswered questions (perhaps) about why she/he did not love him, why he was found inadequate.....

hard to read tea leaves, ask [MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Reactions: JGirl
Sounds like no one on FB talks to him so he is closing his account and wants to make everyone feel guilty.

It's vague and mysterious, sounds suicidal-ish.....mostly to me it screams manipulation and attention seeking.

Should I be concerned that my mind apparently (by popular opinion) equates suicide to closing a FB account?

Last edited:
Should I be concerned that my mind equates suicide to closing a FB account?

I really don't think it sounds suicidal. Sounds more passive aggressive attention seeking than anything, to me. Not sure where everyone is getting suicidal from.

I really don't think it sounds suicidal. Sounds more passive aggressive attention seeking than anything, to me. Not sure where everyone is getting suicidal from.

"Well I truly hate to say this but it was fun while it lasted, Some things in life I guess you don't have any control over and its the way life goes some times.
So i shall leave you in silence with a nod of my head an a smile on my face. May all your wishes come true and never change who you've become or are. good day all...... "

I don't think he's really suicidal, but these lines kind of stick out to me as such.

Well I truly hate to say this but it was fun while it lasted, Some things in life I guess you don't have any control over and its the way life goes some times. Maybe I've over thought some things but silence does speak louder than words. Its all good though through it all there is a lesson learned and I know that I shall never change Who I have become an the things i feel. So i shall leave you in silence with a nod of my head an a smile on my face. May all your wishes come true and never change who you've become or are. good day all......

This as part of a letter to someone you've loved and are breaking up with would not sound suicidal, to me. It would make sense in the context of a breakup, if it were addressed to the person you are breaking up with or have loved. (still love)

But --- This as a public announcement to all your Facebook friends, in public, with its sense of pain, and relief at the approaching resolution of a situation, does sound suicidal to me. He sounds happy to be leaving, as if he is escaping a painful situation and has made up his mind.

It sounds like an ending but not suicidal. I don't imagine someone who was suicidal would add a smiley face. Perhaps non-approval of something and having to leave the situation.

Ok, a bit of context (and clarification.) We dated for a couple of months in High School...AGES ago, so this is in no way directly towards me or regarding our relationship. He has been posting a lot about feeling hopeless etc. except in the context of his sons, who he only has visitation on. They live with his ex and it apparently was pretty ugly. Personally I got "suicidal" out of it too, but he works nights so if he's just sleeping he wouldn't respond to a message until the evening anyway. I don't like things like this.

Reactions: Stu
Ok, a bit of context (and clarification.) We dated for a couple of months in High School...AGES ago, so this is in no way directly towards me or regarding our relationship. He has been posting a lot about feeling hopeless etc. except in the context of his sons, who he only has visitation on. They live with his ex and it apparently was pretty ugly. Personally I got "suicidal" out of it too, but he works nights so if he's just sleeping he wouldn't respond to a message until the evening anyway. I don't like things like this.

For some reason I am wrapped up in what I bolded, how do you know it is not about that? Being "ages ago" doesn't guarantee anything.

For some reason I am wrapped up in what I bolded, how do you know it is not about that? Being "ages ago" doesn't guarantee anything.
Sure, "ages ago" doesn't necessarily mean anything, but our friendship now is not something that important to him. This post was NOT about me, I'm sure.

Conclusion: No worries, he's just taking a break from Facebook. :) Glad I'm not the only one that got the other vibe off of it. ( [MENTION=731]uberrogo[/MENTION] - I had the same dual meaning...leaving facebook or leaving life? When posted on facebook you never know.)

Conclusion: No worries, he's just taking a break from Facebook. :) Glad I'm not the only one that got the other vibe off of it. ( @uberrogo - I had the same dual meaning...leaving facebook or leaving life? When posted on facebook you never know.)

I got it right! Im the FB king!

People are always so dramatic about leaving FB and that is usually what they write. I dont think anyone over 25 usually posts they are going to suicide. At least I dont have much experince with that.

My first instinct was suicidal.