What do you want to achieve from life?

Vilku

Community Member
Feb 8, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1, 7w6, 4w3
i want to be the most emotionally expressive musician, thus the bethoven of my own time and to voice act in the most popular video games in a significant role. Not arrogant, just know my potential.

And i also want to find my soulmate, which is the top prority of those three.

I don't want to be anyone. I've given up on dreams of studying in fields where I think I could genuinely be an asset.

It's not that I'm unhappy, maybe it's just selfish. It's not that I don't want to work (I want to work hard) I just don't know if I care enough to try and change the future of my country anymore.

I want to go back to my roots. Get my degree in Library studies and information management and return to my beloved libraries. I want to work, I want to be quiet, I want to invest in the people that matter to me and I want to be financially stable.

I think that's what would be most conducive to contentment.

Reactions: Jill Hives
I don't want to be anyone. I've given up on dreams of studying in fields where I think I could genuinely be an asset.

It's not that I'm unhappy, maybe it's just selfish. It's not that I don't want to work (I want to work hard) I just don't know if I care enough to try and change the future of my country anymore.

I want to go back to my roots. Get my degree in Library studies and information management and return to my beloved libraries. I want to work, I want to be quiet, I want to invest in the people that matter to me and I want to be financially stable.

I think the more happy you will be the more effect you will have on the world, in one way or another.

1) Earn enough money that I can make money work for me
2) Live in Seattle / Vancouver / Washington State
3) Be autonomous

...and to voice act in the most popular video games in a significant role.

Tell me more.

Reactions: Jill Hives
I want to have the strength to act in life true to what I believe is right.

Reactions: Kgal
1) achieve inner harmony, being content
2) leave some legacy behind
3) have enough to live comfortably and without worries; it doesn't have to be much, although if there was much it'd be sweet too because there are always ways to let it go
4) move somewhere closer to nature

Self-actualization.

When I tried to answer this question I was surprised that I couldn't come up with an answer. I honestly don't know what I want to achieve. That sounds so strange coming from someone who used to be driven and goal oriented. This has really changed for me and I didn't realize how much until I tried to answer this question. The word achieve itself doesn't even have the same meaning for me now as it used to. Now it's more about what am I already doing that makes me happy. What do I already have that makes me happy.

I suppose time is a factor here. When you know that you have another 30 or 40 years on the planet making long term plans makes sense. But when you've already lived more than half your life, it seems that if I spend the time I have left reaching for something I don't have, I might miss out on the stuff I do have. What do I want to achieve from life? Right now, I want to achieve eating a good tasting lunch. After that I have no idea. Strangely enough, I'm really content with that. Go figure.

Reactions: Kgal and Quiet
1. Come into terms with certain issues I have with myself. That is, to find that balance and harmony within myself.
2. To be able to find my purpose; to make my existence meaningful
3. Achieve the short-term goals I impose on myself
4. Be able to secure a good future for my (future) family

Get the hell out of L.A. (2007)
Video game industry. (2004)
Jeep. (2006)
Simpsons video game. (2007)
Sky dive.
Deep ocean dive.
Family history.
Published.
Pilot.
Alaska. (2009)
VO work.
Jeep to Yucatan.
Tasmania.
Europe.
Aurora borealis.
Marathon.
Hot air balloon.
Rubiks Cube.
Mountain. (Plenty)
“Moonlight Sonata” on an 88-key piano.
English BA.
Pacific crest trail.
Across America.
Go fishin’. (Plenty)
European language.
Tattooed sex goddess. (Plenty)
Savage threesome. (2012)
Pan flute.
Guitar. (2012)
Banjo. (Until death)
Motorcycle. (2012)
Boat. (2012)
Innertube & beer. (Plenty).
Love.
Love some more.
Scotch. (Until death)
Double Fine.
Invercargill to Bonneville.
Titusville, FL.
Game producer.
Personal indie game.
Peace.

I've thought about it some.

I want to achieve balance, to cope with my manic depression.

I want to create an organization together with my fiancee, that will help poor people understand and claim their rights to have better lives, and to organize donations for real people, not just papers.

I want to live in a house with a garden and a roof, and to have a german shepard dog.

And to make enough money to get by plus to have an occasional vacation.

Edit: And to enter politics in 20 years from now. So that i'll have a well balanced life behind me, to be able to survive the corruptness and to be able to change things for the better.

Growth.

Long term/ongoing:
Do something worth being remembered
Help people
Change the world, if it's necessary and possible

Sounds general and ambitious, right? I'm content with this right now. It leaves some room for different possibilities and opportunities. I can chip at them bit by bit until I find an effective way for me to dive in headfirst and get in the thick of it.

Short term:
Finish school
Complete university/scholarship applications
Figure out which direction to steer my life, either in school or the military
Improve the lives of the people around me

I think the more happy you will be the more effect you will have on the world, in one way or another.

+100000

This is what I was going to say!!! :nod:

Reactions: ThisIsWhoIAm
knowledge .. more knowledge .
i want to improve the world and give something good for humanity .
i want the clear truth !
i want to go and explore !
i want adrenaline exploding through my veins , skydiving , racing , jumping from a cliff right into the ocean ... etc !
i want to develop fast !
knowledge ..

To do something that improves the quality of life for others...I'm trying to get into the occupational therapy assistant program at my local community college. So hopefully it will happen. Also if I'm ever able to get my own place I'm going off the grid as much as possible.

Go to many faraway places physically and mentally. Make many lifelong friends. Create, and soak it in. Try hard to change things for the better... I want to seriously get involved in some sort of nonprofit international development organization at some point in my life. Settle down somewhere eventually in some faraway land and live a simple life until Gandalf comes round the bend again.

This, or something completely unexpected.

Learn how to be human.

I want to find my confidence again. Then I want to harness it to achieve the little nagging dreams that I've had in the back of my head for years.