What do you love to do? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What do you love to do?

I also love doing this as well....

sometimes until I get dizzy or out of breath!

i like to turn up the volume in my car when I'm driving on the highway and rock out to a pop song. But sometimes I worry one of my students will see me. :D

103462950-woman-singing-in-car-with-hair-blowing-in-gettyimages.jpg

Reactions: invisible
i like to turn up the volume in my car when I'm driving on the highway and rock out

The perfect volume level is 32 in my car.

I love to read as well and ditto on the learning. I go through phases on the reading where I have a book to read and just kinda let it sit there and then other times where I am reading everything I can get my hands on. I like to surf the web (not just read Wikipedia..boring) and check out things to add to my knowledge.

I also looooooooove beads! BEADS, BEADS, BEADS, BEADS AND MORE BEADS!!! I go through phases with that too where I'm making lots of things and other times where I'm not even thinking of being creative.

Play music, draw, read too. I do it daily but not as often as i would like, specially the first two things. Mostly because every now and then i say to myself that i'm not really that good, so i get frustrated a lot.

I used to play guitar alot...now I'm kind of more cold with it. But I was repeating like 2-3hours a day!

Playing basketball. I'm not exceptionally good, but I can make some moves. In my area, there is a old park there, where all kind of guys and girls gather. In the evening, after 6pm, its awesome, especially summer.

I read alot, I'm a avid reader. Growing up, I was reading 3 or 4 books on a week. It helped me alot, open up my perspective about the world. I couldn't afford a good education (even now I'm raising money to make some advanced studies), but books were my good friends.

And learning, I love to learn about anything.

Also, one of my unfulfilled dreams was to box one day.

There are many great universities in Germany and Switzerland that you might consider which are free from tuition or have very low tuition (5000 EUR/year). These are universities with a long list of alumni that have won Nobel Prizes. I fail to see why going to university is only limited to the UK and the US, since they happen to be the most expensive. Quite personally, if I finish my Phd, it will probably be in Switzerland.

I'm also an avid reader, but I think the book-learning phase of my education has been exhausted. At this stage in my life, I want to explore the sensory world filled with adventure.

One of my favourite things to do is swimming in the ocean. I used to be afraid of the water, but there's something so nice and calm about being in the sea.

There are many great universities in Germany and Switzerland that you might consider which are free from tuition or have very low tuition (5000 EUR/year). These are universities with a long list of alumni that have won Nobel Prizes. I fail to see why going to university is only limited to the UK and the US, since they happen to be the most expensive. Quite personally, if I finish my Phd, it will probably be in Switzerland.
Thanks, I didn't knew about prices on Universities, but I always wanted to go in Germany, because its close to Romania. And yes, there are very good universities there too.

I'm also an avid reader, but I think the book-learning phase of my education has been exhausted. At this stage in my life, I want to explore the sensory world filled with adventure.
Who wouldn't want to? I would travel the whole world if I'd have some money, but for now...I'm doing my homeworks :)

Thanks, I didn't knew about prices on Universities, but I always wanted to go in Germany, because its close to Romania. And yes, there are very good universities there too.

Who wouldn't want to? I would travel the whole world if I'd have some money, but for now...I'm doing my homeworks :)

Reminds me of a passage from Tim Ferris' 4 hour Workweek:

"An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

“How long it took you to catch them?” The American asked.

“Only a little while.” The Mexican replied.

“Why don’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?” The American then asked.

“I have enough to support my family’s immediate needs.” The Mexican said.

“But,” The American then asked, “What do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor.”

The American scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats.”

“Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But senor, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15-20 years.”

“But what then, senor?”

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.”

“Millions, senor? Then what?”

The American said slowly, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos…”

Reminds me of a passage from Tim Ferris' 4 hour Workweek:

"An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

“How long it took you to catch them?” The American asked.

“Only a little while.” The Mexican replied.

“Why don’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?” The American then asked.

“I have enough to support my family’s immediate needs.” The Mexican said.

“But,” The American then asked, “What do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor.”

The American scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats.”

“Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But senor, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15-20 years.”

“But what then, senor?”

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.”

“Millions, senor? Then what?”

The American said slowly, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos…”
Well, I'm not the mexican, I'm the american. I'm working for my dreams. I'm working hard!

Well, I'm not the mexican, I'm the american. I'm working for my dreams. I'm working hard!

I wonder if ambition is rooted in immigrant ideology? To become someone important, to make something of our lives, to become successful. Perhaps the seeds of ambition were founded upon our hardworking parents, but perhaps their ambitions are not our own.

I think people spend so much time putting work and career on a pedestal that they forget how to live. Of course, having a sense of purpose is important, but do you find Mr. Lucy Jr, that critical acclaim is something you need or desire? And if you had access to all the capital in the world, and money flowed in from investors all over the world, what would you do then?

A lot of people who work out, love the feeling of feeling physically tired after their workout. I love being fully occupied with my mind, usually in a state of flow - learning, researching or composing something, that I feel mentally exhausted after giving my mind a good workout. The 'workout' usually involves arranging and rearranging concepts around till I understand them, and until I word it so it conveys exactly how I want to portray such ideas a.k.a mental processes. ~ =)

Reactions: ThomasJ79
Hmm, where to start?

I love, most of all, I think the idea of accomplishing a goal, short-term or long-term. Of having progressed in my life journey and not being stagnant. I like knowing I'm constantly pushing myself to be better, as a person, as a musician in my skills, getting from one milestone to the next. (Of course, that comes with its downside as well. This requires a whole lot of patience which I had and still have to gain. Understanding that these things don't happen overnight or even over months. Hard lesson.)

That may be the basic foundation that lies in most of the things that I love to do. Like someone mentioned, learning and accumulating information. Making music, polishing skills, and having faith that it will build up to something in the future to influence people. I love reading and googling topics of interests. Mind-teasers. Puzzles. On occasion, exercise, which I can never tell if I truly like it or if I do it because it's 'good for me'. I've fooled my brain into liking things I might not have based on that reason so I can't tell if I genuinely love the activity anymore.

Some hobbies that aren't motivated by my urge of accomplishment would be walking in the rain, or basking in how a rain-washed environment smells like. Watching the rain, listening to storms. Spending time with my family. Indulging in serious conversations. Going for walks with music and being quiet (outwardly quiet). Being emotionally affected by a work of art.

I think one of the best things that anyone has ever said to me was: go lie down and take a nap. I'll go out and get you some shwarma.

That pretty much sums up what I love to do. Eat and sleep.

I love hiking. I don't do it much because I'm always doing some sort of studying.

I also enjoy cooking. I wish I did it more because I love it and I'm sure my parents would apreciate it if I cooked instead of my mom.

I like working out. It's a great way to relieve stress after a hard day of studying. My University has a nice gym so that helps out too.

Music. I love rocking out on my drums to something really fun to play. I've been guilty of getting to band practice early when asked to fill in at church so I can play music that shouldn't be played at church because it's just way more fun than anything I'm about to play.

I love to photograph. I haven't done it for a long time now, because having no energy. :/

Last edited:
Play with my dogs! Two fluffy and affectionate Tibetan Mastiffs + hours of free time = endless fun!
Take long walks at night with my iPod and a voice recorder.
Read poems and philosophy books.
Train dogs, particularly large ones.
Workout at a gym.
Hiking, kayaking, jogging, and swimming.
Researching my academic interests.
Practice Wing Chun.
Teach ethics experientially.
Amass a collection of pictures from DeviantArt matching my many moods and emotions.

I love looking at the stars, feeling rain drops gently fall on skin, playing with horses, dancing, tending a garden, watching things grow, studying systems, having a good mind stimulating conversation, listening to people, and laughing.

Edit: I forgot to put learning. I LOVE doing this and have never stopped my entire life.

As for how often I do the other things on my list - I am unable to play with horses anymore. I bought land to be able to have them and haven't been able to afford it for a long time now. :( I miss living with them.

I love eating, and I do it everyday! :D