What do you do to attract a mate? | INFJ Forum

What do you do to attract a mate?

I guess I just speak honestly, be myself, and try to treat everyone kindly. That'll work on the right person I think.

Edit: Also, I'm not doing any of those things with the direct purpose of "attracting a mate."

Last edited:
Be myself.

stare at them, and hope they stare back? oh wait, that's just creepy. :D

Day 43 of Excursion

Isolated and running low on supplies. I fear I may starve to death if I do not abandon the hunt. All attempts to attract and capture specimen have thus far met with mixed results. Singing ineffective -- voice too puny and nasally. Peacock feathers on head invoked momentary curiosity but failed to maintain prolonged interest. Cute shelter puppy proved highly effective until lack of potty training became evident. All Cosmo articles have been exhausted. Attempted consulting married colleagues on satellite phone; must have gotten interference, couldn't make sense of their words ("be yourself," "treat them like people, not aliens.")

My only option now is to douse myself in what's left of the musk and venture out with the pickup lines.

Do I dare it? If I fail, I may be torn to shreds by the prey I seek.

It's too late to back out now. A true hunter must see it through to the very end.

This may well be my last entry. Whoever finds this, tell my dog he was a misguided investment.

-- S.H.

Day 43 of Excursion

Isolated and running low on supplies. I fear I may starve to death if I do not abandon the hunt. All attempts to attract and capture specimen have thus far met with mixed results. Singing ineffective -- voice too puny and nasally. Peacock feathers on head invoked momentary curiosity but failed to maintain prolonged interest. Cute shelter puppy proved highly effective until lack of potty training became evident. All Cosmo articles have been exhausted. Attempted consulting married colleagues on satellite phone; must have gotten interference, couldn't make sense of their words ("be yourself," "treat them like people, not aliens.")

My only option now is to douse myself in what's left of the musk and venture out with the pickup lines.

Do I dare it? If I fail, I may be torn to shreds by the prey I seek.

It's too late to back out now. A true hunter must see it through to the very end.

This may well be my last entry. Whoever finds this, tell my dog he was a misguided investment.

-- S.H.

THIS = PERFECT

Ample cleavage. Haha

I don't know. I try to slow down and be myself even when I'm stressed or in a hurry. That usually seems to get me positive feedback. I let more funny things through my filter, that I would otherwise keep to myself.

I need some serious grocery-line game. How do people meet the 'old-fashioned way?' I do most of my "shopping" online now days, haha.

step 1) go in2 da bar

step 2) make dis sound:
[video=youtube;RX0K9rBqxLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX0K9rBqxLY[/video]

The actual thought or act of trying to attract someone really turns me off...feels very superficial. I prefer to just be naturally myself - if you like me "wonderful" if you don't "OK."

"Being yourself" is short for "I don't keep track of things that would seem calculating if I did keep track"

I ignore them. Hasn't worked yet!

Me too! lol

I can be shy when I really like someone, and I end up pretending that I am not interested when I actually am...it's messed up haha
I am a total loser at this whole thing.

Ample cleavage. Haha

Hahahahaha!

Deploy all assets, commander! (;

When I am into someone I notice that I smile a lot when I am around them. I like to be flirtatious and let some of my humour come to the surface. I usually am pretty upfront about what I want if I sense we're on the same page.

I exist. Eye contact to seal it.

That seems to be enough, though nobody is batting 1,000.