What Do You Do That's Annoying? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What Do You Do That's Annoying?

Telling people to STFU who talk through films.... is a duty, not a habit!

I mean, I tell people to STFU if they have a rubbish taste in film!

I've learnt to curb it though, people enjoy the films they enjoy, good for them!

Occasionally, my sensitivity chip completely evaporates and I say awful things. Fortunately, I don't think that happens too much here because typing it out is a way of filtering.

Oh my gosh, me too.

I've been told (by ex-"friends") that I am too intense, too sensitive (well, someone has to be). My real friends and SO actually like this.

Other more minor things people have told me are annoying: I walk with my toes turned out (didn't know that), I put things away so people can't find them, (to that I say: try looking in the "here's where it goes" drawer for a change), I throw away junk mail (it is called junk mail for a reason) and I use too much Clorox in the laundry.

I don't know why, but I feel like you're more of an ENTJ. It's clear that you're sure you're an INFJ but you sound alot like my best friend(who is an ENTJ) when you post.

Haha, I could see you seeing that. When I post online, I try to say things and clearly and conscicely as I possibly can. I value clear communiction (via any media) quite alot. I come across a little more harshly then I am.

I am an INFJ for sure though. I do have a rather strong Te for an INFJ though, which could contribuit to this, and remember online persona is a little different from real life. I will direct you to this video, I posted it a while ago, and you should be able to see that I am an INFJ :)

I see this as kind of ironic too because I see ENTJ's as being most ideal for me in romantic relationships.

I think Indigo is an INFJ, but perhaps with a little more self-confidence the the rest of us.

Yes, I am usually pretty confidant with what I do. Not always, but usually.

I know exactly what you mean. This happens to me when I have to listen to my best friend's cries, issues and break ups with her 1.6 year boyfriend who mistreats her all the time. He doesnt even stay in touch with her. But she just WONT leave him.. Instead she crawls back to him over and over again because she is Dependent on a Love she wishes he will give her. But he never does. IT especially pushes my buttons when she looks at me sometimes :m054: and says "Oh Michelle, I wish you would experience what I have".
Like she has a freaking relationship taken from wonderland... I don't think so hahah.

I got way off topic but my point is its just a disgusting state! xD

No. I don't think you're off topic. It's the whole idea that people come to us with problems we can't solve. So it makes us miserable for a time. When there's nothing we can do but listen, we listen closely and open ourselves up to feeling.

I have a friend who's going through a gruesome divorce, (which I will liken to a rotting corpse being dragged around by a rope.) It ain't pretty.

Her marriage/separation/divorce?? is such an emotional roller coaster, the scenario and her feelings fluctuate several times a week. I want to be there for her, but it's hard. I listen to her and spend time with her because that's all I can do. But I actually start to dread her phone calls.

And then after visiting her my boyfriend will say something silly and generally harmless and I take it personally and sulk until I realize what's going on. He doesn't complain though. He's pretty understanding and sensitive himself and he says he gets the empathy thing as well.

Now I've gone off topic. But to bring things full circle, my rants can be annoying.

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like he's annoyed by everything I do. I get excited about something I like and he says to quit talking about myself... I spend all day drawing or reading and he says I'm boring or ignoring him.

Sometimes I feel like he's annoyed by everything I do. I get excited about something I like and he says to quit talking about myself... I spend all day drawing or reading and he says I'm boring or ignoring him.
Your boyfriend does this to you? Really?
That sounds pretty awful, to be with someone who makes you feel wrong no matter what you do.

I'd say that's a pretty big deal and if you really feel this way, maybe reconsider the relationship. You deserve to be able to express yourself as naturally as you please, and you deserve to be with someone who accepts you and enjoys that expression.

I'm pretty indecisive.

What do you want for dinner? We have this or that.
Uh...it doesn't matter :)
But which would you prefer?
I don't have a preference...
Pick one!
Uh..............................................that...?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this! How very me. So...

-I'm very indecisive
-I'll often search all over the apartment for something that was right there in front of me the whole time
-My desk and car are often cluttered
-I fiddle with my hands a lot

Originally Posted by NekoLove

Your boyfriend does this to you? Really?
That sounds pretty awful, to be with someone who makes you feel wrong no matter what you do.

I'd say that's a pretty big deal and if you really feel this way, maybe reconsider the relationship. You deserve to be able to express yourself as naturally as you please, and you deserve to be with someone who accepts you and enjoys that expression.

That was my last relationship. And I did reconsider it. It was hard at first, but I'm much better off.

We haven't even been married a year yet... it upsets me that I'm having these thoughts so early into it. :(

I've been told I am annoying for:
- Being too quiet
- Being too nice
- Taking WAAAAAY to long to make an important choice
- General indecisiveness "What do you want to eat? Oh idk"
- Having difficulty expressing my own complex feelings (taking a very long time to say anything)
- Being biased in social drama (I more easily sympathize with the side that expresses their emotions the most)
- Correcting peoples mistakes or acting superior to others (which I don't think I am at all)

btw this is my first post

Hmmm, my annoying habits:
- I rarely speak and I'm often speak too quiet or too fast (plus I'm pretty sure I have an annoying voice :p).
- I'm overly protective of people I care about at times.
- I'm very shy so I seem unfriendly at parties.
- I have low self-esteem so I'm always putting myself down and my friends keep telling me I need to build some self-esteem.
- I'm highly introverted so if I'm around people too long I can get kinda short-tempered and irritating.
- Apparently I'm too nice. :p

I'm pretty indecisive.

What do you want for dinner? We have this or that.
Uh...it doesn't matter :)
But which would you prefer?
I don't have a preference...
Pick one!
Uh..............................................that...?

I do that all the time. I'm very much a "I'll have whatever you want to have" person.

Yeah, that's what I do also! I also rarely respond back to emails (though I respond a lot to PMs), text people back a lot later...

That's me!

Telling people to STFU who talk through films.... is a duty, not a habit!

To quote Firefly:
Book: "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."