What are some tasty health foods | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are some tasty health foods

Giant yams!!! You can get a 3 pound yam for 40ish cents per pound. They are loaded with beta carotene and everything a normal potato has, but it tastes even better. Potatoes are also unrealistically scorned. They are good for you and are complex carbohydrates, even though they are "white". If you're weight isn't completely fragile (like gaining weight super easily) potatoes are quite good for you.

Personally I like my scrambled eggs on toast and green tea.

Cheap, healthy and tasty.

Last edited:
OH! You are a man after my own heart. Chik-Fil-A biscuits are my downfall. NOT healthy but oh-so-good. Would not recommend breakfast, lunch and dinner there for either budgetary or dietary reasons. Now I need some sweet tea. Thanks a lot, Barnabas. (LOL!)

fun fact, Chik-Fil-A uses Peanut oil as opposed to vegtable or regurlar oil found at most fast food restraunts.

You might enjoy going to FCC, we have a club whom meets at Chik-Fil-A once a week.

I don't know if I've said this yet, but thank all of you for your help and info,

Well as foods go you have:

Tasty foods,
Healthy foods,
Cheap foods.

You get to pick 2, a combination of all 3 doesn't exist.

So to answer your question, basically anything expensive.

Just about ANY food which is not sold in a packet - ie. all fresh produce and meat is usually pretty healthy.

If you steam your food (without overdoing it) it will always be healthy.

My roommate taught me what I call a scrambled omelet. Dice some bell peppers and tomatoes into small pieces; you will need about a palm-full altogether. Put them in a frying pan. You can also add things such as spinach, mushrooms, and onions. When the tomatoes begin to soften, crack the eggs over them. Add any spices you desire (black and red pepper, garlic, curry, paprika, salt, or poultry seasoning are all good choices). Stir everything together, just as though you were scrambling eggs. When the eggs are cooked, lightly sprinkle cheese over the top and continue stirring until the cheese is melted. This can be served on its own, or over whole-wheat toast.

Another recipe I like a lot is stewed tomatoes and chicken. First pour a small amount of olive oil (or canola oil) into a frying pan. Liberally sprinkle garlic into the pan and set it on low heat on the stove. Slice the chicken into nugget-sized pieces. Once the frying pan is hot (you start to smell the garlic), lay the nuggets in the pan and allow them to cook. Flip them when they are cooked thoroughly on the first side.
Cut the tomatoes into thick slices. Sprinkle a little black pepper (and salt, if you like) on them. When the chicken is cooked on both sides, lay the tomato slices in the pan with the chicken. Sprinkle oregano, thyme, and garlic over everything. When the tomatoes begin to soften, sprinkle cheese over the top of everything and stir.

The spices in both these recipes have healthful benefits (garlic is good for the vascular system, paprika and curry are good for digestion, etc.). Also, eggs have protein so they keep you from getting hungry as quickly. Both of these recipes provide a tasty way to get in some veggies, plus they use a lot of the same ingredients, which happen to be mostly inexpensive, versatile, healthy, and filling.

Sounds delish . . . :D

how are sweet potatoes

Sweet potatoes are good, but for some they're an acquired taste. I like 'em, but then I grew up with them. Yams are less sweet - and although a lot of folks call yams and sweet potatoes the same things, they're different food families (http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/sweetpotato.html ). I think yams are a tad less sweet than sweet potatoes.